Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468631 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Starts tomorrow??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 11:53:06 PM »
Starts July 15, 2019, on Reshet 13!   :tup:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 01:53:27 AM »
Epic!

Same links site, I presume?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 02:42:51 AM »
Ah, 3 non-US TAR at the same time to enjoy over the summer, awesome.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 12:27:05 PM »
peach are we going see episode 1 soon

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 05:01:45 PM »
First leg Non-Elimination. Nice change :) Every season there'd be that one unlucky team (or two when they split it up) who never got out of Israel.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 05:17:49 PM »
First leg Non-Elimination. Nice change :) Every season there'd be that one unlucky team (or two when they split it up) who never got out of Israel.

True, like fact get one leg for episode

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »
Agreed, I personally think that there should be more leg 1 NELs because it gives us more time with the cast, especially considering TARI usually excels in casting and this cast looks pretty good as well.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 02:30:20 AM »
Not bad. Not bad at all. I liked the task right before the Pit Stop, and it's always fun to see how much TAR Israel splurges on crane-related tasks.

How are we romanizing "כאמלה"? Wikipedia says Kamle, a FB page by someone with the same name says Camla, but I swore that they were saying "Camilla".

Also, I see the official site sucks once again. No full names, hometowns or ages. They said some of this information in their intros, but not everybody... Please help me find this info if you can!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 03:12:54 AM »
How are we romanizing "כאמלה"? Wikipedia says Kamle, a FB page by someone with the same name says Camla, but I swore that they were saying "Camilla".

reshet themselves uses "kamle" in the url https://13tv.co.il/tags/kamle-and-bahira/ - I would simply go with that too.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 03:31:55 AM »
They also use "Judy", but the show clearly does not present her name as Judy, in text or speech.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 10:24:25 PM »
I enjoyed it, but would have liked it more if I hadn't been directly spoiled on the outcome while following the discussion of where the link would be.  The task with the fruit ended up being much harder than I expected.  It's great to see a leg go from day to night.  Short easy legs are boring.  Also teams didn't seem to be helping each other (maybe not that easy on the tasks anyway), which helped the drama.  They all got driven around though which seemed strange as it wasn't even outside of Israel.  The only task I didn't fully understand was the last one, where they had to persuade a member of the public to help them, good to see interaction with the locals though. 

The teams seem to have some variety with several older people, but some eye candy for those who want it too.  Some characters in there, like the geeky men who missed the clue giver, the older woman who fancied that same guy I think and others.  Obviously playing up their parts, but that's ok.  The older teams obviously look less physically fit but will be underdog stories.

Can I  upload it elsewhere so others can watch?

Offline MrKnowIrAll

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 11:12:12 PM »
The only task I didn't fully understand was the last one, where they had to persuade a member of the public to help them, good to see interaction with the locals though. 

Teams had to find a person that is flying outside the country in the next 24 h and must showcase the flight ticket as proof. It's an unusual needle in a haystack type of task and I suspect it took the teams much longer than production expected.

The first legs of TARI are usually hard legs but this one was one the toughest legs I can recall. If it's going to continue in that pace it will be a very exiting season.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:35 AM »
The only task I didn't fully understand was the last one, where they had to persuade a member of the public to help them, good to see interaction with the locals though. 

The wiki should usually have accurate information about the tasks within 24 hours of the Pit Stop episode coming out. I translate the subtitles when the host explains the task, so it's usually pretty accurate.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:21:19 AM by G.B. »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 04:31:58 PM »
When does the show air this time around? Mondays and...?

Offline bavariankid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »
When does the show air this time around? Mondays and...?
... Wednesdays and Saturdays https://13tv.co.il/tv-guide/. Not sure if these days are valid for every week though.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 04:43:41 PM »
Episode thoughts: This was another fun episode. Was interesting to see the Intersection return for the first time in a few years. It was made even more intriguing since some teams were forced to intersect with the people they voted.

Gili is reminding me of Debbie and her obsession with purple is so much fun.  :funny:
It's not often that we hear locals instead of the teams complain about someone not speaking english.  :funny:
Didn't realize that Tia & Fay making devil horns when talking about Eden would be a recurring thing.  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 10:27:10 PM »
Gili and Tali more remind me of Osnat & Carmit from season 2, actually.

Did I miscount, or do we seriously have another FOUR-WAY TIE for the Yield! Insanity!!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 04:07:19 PM »
Spoilers:
Show content
It's always sad to see a team go home due to an injury, so I do feel sad for Noy & Hadar to go out that way.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »
What is it with TAR Israel and their obsession with 100% luck-based tasks right before the Pit Stop? It drives me insane!! If it weren't for [explained in Xoruz's post], a team would have gone home, totally undeserving of the dishonour. It really sucks.

I'm glad everything else can make up for it. What a brilliant Roadblock, it gave me lots of laughs.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 03:40:59 AM »
the random tasks right before the Pit Stop (which wasn't always luck, right?) <3 <3 <3 I love how it usually throws a wrench in otherwise predictable legs (though this leg wasn't that really) <3
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 06:32:31 AM »
the random tasks right before the Pit Stop (which wasn't always luck, right?) <3 <3 <3 I love how it usually throws a wrench in otherwise predictable legs (though this leg wasn't that really) <3

I don't so much see it as throwing a wrench into legs. To me, it feels more like invalidating everything that came before. Look at Nisim & Orel... They bombed the Roadblock completely; Orel took the longest out of anybody to finish it, dropping them all the way down to "last" place. But then, oopsie poopsies, they find a lucky pearl and rocket all the way up to 6th. So, their struggle at the Roadblock ended up having no consequences. (I really like Nisim & Orel, I'm just speaking unbiased here). The Instagram girls fell down deep into last place, and I feel they were quite right to say "Ze lo fair".

It's really dumb. It boils the entire leg down to a simple roll of the dice. A team can dominate the leg and be in first the whole time, then suddenly get eliminated because they can't pick the right paella cube or whatever. As a viewer, it feels like there's no stakes in anything. If I see a team ahead, I don't cheer for them and believe they will win. If I see a team behind, I don't get worried that they won't catch up and will be eliminated. Not when there's a dice roll at the very end that can change literally everything.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 07:05:48 AM »
As a viewer, it feels like there's no stakes in anything. If I see a team ahead, I don't cheer for them and believe they will win. If I see a team behind, I don't get worried that they won't catch up and will be eliminated. Not when there's a dice roll at the very end that can change literally everything.
IMO, on the contrary, I feel like it ups everything, because *anything* can happen and I am gonna root for the teams I like to get any advantage they can because they're gonna need all the help they can get
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:19:58 AM by ImANewUser »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »
I don't really like things that are too chance orientated on elimination legs.  I remember the Ukraine version had a very good example of that with some coconut cracking challenge, it was a great season but that was a sour point I remember. 

In this case it may have been possible for a team to miss the pearl, we saw two teams managing to find it after searching through the remains of what they had, so I wonder if Michal and Omer might have missed one.  A cute team though, Omer seems steadier, though I noticed she shook a lot at both the opening heights challenge in Israel and at the hospital fakery.  Apparently she was in the army so I thought she'd have less nerves.

On the elimination
Show content
I was sorry to see Noy and Hadar go too, yes they were loud, but they had some funny moments (I can see why they were apparently involved with children's tv).  They stopped to have a picture taken with some children in the first leg

I'm not that bothered about Nisim and Orel, they are an underdog team but I'd rather support others who have more character, such as Tali and Gili.  The interaction with the taxi driver was funny, and it shows how interesting it can be when people are outside of their normal environment.  There's more interaction with the locals, this is what the Canadian and Viet versions can miss out on.  And without subs it's obviously easier to watch with more English spoken, and just more different situations and locales.

(I did wonder whether, with the Israeli subs, it's possible to capture the unicode hardsubs using programs like AviSubDetector, Videosubfinder, esrxp, ABBYY FineReader or subrip - has anyone tried)?

With their English, it's generally ok, though sometimes, like with Gili in the taxi before that funny Nisim/Orel incident, it was hard to make out all she was saying, and the taxi driver probably didn't understand all she said like me.

Tia (the straight haired one I think) has some sassiness to her and I'm sure that appeals to some. 

It's nice to see a team of different generations with the mother/daughter. 

Bahira seems to be smiling most of the time, and she has that funny staring puzzled look at the mat. 

Aviad and Eden look a strong team, but she also gets dramatic at times. 

The newlyweds Ariel and Karin seems pretty good, he seems stronger though he also looked in despair in the first heights task in Israel when they got it wrong first time. 

Eyal and Sid and Haviv and Itzak may be the strongest teams but the latter could be the most boring one to me.  Two sets of twins in this season, but I thought Haviv and Itzak (the two strong guys) looked more like the identical twins, surprisingly to me it's actually Nov and Hadar who are identical.

One of Ran and Ben described the other as his partner to a local, but I'm assuming the are just co-workers as advertised.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:40:12 PM by Musicon »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2019, 02:41:01 PM »
And there's the penguin bumping task. Man, imagine if it actually could have been Antarctica...