Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468648 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2019, 03:47:52 PM »
A Detour at last!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2019, 05:55:26 PM »
The bird detour definitely looked much more difficult to me, you couldn't drop and the leaves were easier to pick up.  I guess silly costumes are a tradition on this version (the penguins on the earlier leg), and they can be funny.  The twins definitely blew up here, I've no idea why they had that idea of holding the water bottle differently to everyone else.  They are long legs at least, but I thought double u-turns were the modern way now.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2019, 06:10:52 PM »
The dodo task was definitely harder and made even more difficult for teams that tried to transfer the eggs in the air, but having a person on your back for a bit of time probably wasn't appealing to a lot of teams.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2019, 10:35:34 PM »
From what I've understood, the reason why the next leg will be aired next Wednesday is because until tomorrow (on Sunday), Tisha B'Av (a Jewish holiday, fasting as far as I remember, for the destruction of the ancient Temple) is observed. All right.
Yeah I’m Jewish and tomorrow is a fast day. This and Yom Kippur are the two major fast days on the Jewish calendar, where you have to fast a full 25 hours. There are other less serious fasts throughout the year that start in the morning and end at night, kinda like Ramadan.

Also love your picture, Josie & Alex are right up there with Daniel & Eliyahu for my favorite HaMerotz team.

Sorry for being off-topic, but isn't a day only 24 hours long?
Jewish holidays are weird. Like they start at sundown and end when three stars are visible in the sky.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »
Prediction: this will be a non-elimination leg. Usually during previews for a pitstop we hear Ron say "I'm sorry but you've been eliminated." But this time we heard him say "you're the last team to arrive." Hmm...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
Okay, so this season has now set TWO new records!

Most African countries visited in a season: 4 (Previous record-holder, TARUS season 10, Mauritius, Madagascar, Morocco)
Most legs in Africa in a single season: 5 (Previous record-holder, TAR Norway season 2, 2x South Africa, 2x Namibia)

Anyway, here is the best picture I could get of the U-Turn voting board location, and I need somebody to help me figure out where it is. It looks like some villa, and it's likely near Riambel but maybe not. If anybody finds it, let me know!!  :conf:

Prediction: this will be a non-elimination leg. Usually during previews for a pitstop we hear Ron say "I'm sorry but you've been eliminated." But this time we heard him say "you're the last team to arrive." Hmm...

Last season, during the preview for the Pit Stop leg in Jamaica, the host still said "You've been eliminated", but that one turned out to be a non-elimination leg, so the previews lied to keep it a secret.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2019, 08:30:49 AM »
Anyway, here is the best picture I could get of the U-Turn voting board location, and I need somebody to help me figure out where it is. It looks like some villa, and it's likely near Riambel but maybe not. If anybody finds it, let me know!!  :conf:

Club Nautique de Pointe d'Esny

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2019, 10:36:45 AM »
Wait now I just saw an ad the next part of this leg will be aired this Sat? Amazing.
*will catch up sure enough, idk why this leg looks interesting yet intriguing to me
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2019, 03:52:45 PM »

I don't think that's it. The roof is different.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2019, 04:48:10 PM »

I don't think that's it. The roof is different.

They have the same logo. Plus, all teams were shown getting out of their cars at the same spot as the U-Turn board before they were shown reading the clue on Pointe d'Esny Beach.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »
Okay, so this season has now set TWO new records!

Most African countries visited in a season: 4 (Previous record-holder, TARUS season 10, Mauritius, Madagascar, Morocco)
Most legs in Africa in a single season: 5 (Previous record-holder, TAR Norway season 2, 2x South Africa, 2x Namibia)

Last season, during the preview for the Pit Stop leg in Jamaica, the host still said "You've been eliminated", but that one turned out to be a non-elimination leg, so the previews lied to keep it a secret.

I suddenly got reminded of season 5 and even more surprising. Not only in preview but in reality.
"(team name), you're the last team to arrive. I'm sorry to tell you that you're eliminated ftom the Race. (hands over a card) This is the prize you'll receive." (so they rub that card or something containing the prize; but for NEL, it'll be written like "Congratulations, you're still in the Race!" and Sir Shahar will announce that that particular leg is a NEL.

Idk if they should revive this but to me, that looks nerve-wracking yet surprising in terms of NELs, that when we rub the card (with a coin, usually), we thought we'll receive a prize until they say it's a NEL :v
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2019, 02:05:07 PM »
And that water bottle task reminded me to a Detour that no one completed (Milk or Honey, the Milk option) from season 4 (first Prelim I guess). Only one team tried that, as far as I remember, but they also didn't make it, so they switched the Detour. Uhm.

Oh why do my memory keep switchbacking?!
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »
Did  Eyal and Sid switch places in the tortoise task at some point?

I much prefer Nisim to Orel,  like when he was rolling his eyes at her when she switched from laughing to crying during a confessional.  It's hard to root for this team with Orel.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »
Did  Eyal and Sid switch places in the tortoise task at some point?

I much prefer Nisim to Orel,  like when he was rolling his eyes at her when she switched from laughing to crying during a confessional.  It's hard to root for this team with Orel.

They did. They stopped at one left, then Sid is below Eyal, so they switched, I can confirm.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »
And now, the second part of the sixth leg airs (Sat 9.15pm IDT, it should be 9.30pm IDT from the point I wrote this post). All right.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2019, 04:02:30 PM »
So, another leg in Mauritius?

And another leg ended with a luck task :P

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »
This sucks.

If I weren't a die-hard fan who is working on documenting all of this, then this would be the moment where I give up and completely stop watching. This is just a joke at this point. E&A did not deserve to win this leg. Last place did not deserve to be in last place.

I just sat there with this grim, un-enthused look on my face for the whole second half of the episode. Not a hint of joy. I will not be recommending this season to anybody.

And this was the WORST luck-based task thus far. Man, it's SO much fun watching teams dig through slimy grimy sugarcane mulch looking for a race flag the size of a  :dick ing fingernail.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2019, 11:44:33 PM »
By the way, the show's map identifies them as flying from Harare to Mauritius, but I doubt that. I don't look at the spoiler threads. Do we have any spoiler photos of them leaving the area through the Livingstone Airport?

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2019, 03:59:20 AM »
Called it! And THANK GOD, Tia & Fay are the best team this season. For the record, this was the last NEL of the season. Ron told Nissim & Orel that they got the first of two, now he told Tia & Fay they got the last one.
Also speaking of righteous NELs, I happened to subtitle the most righteous NEL in HaMerotz (and maybe even franchise?) history a while back, I know tatasport in particular will appreciate this: https://streamable.com/20vcr

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2019, 04:49:56 AM »
By the way, the show's map identifies them as flying from Harare to Mauritius, but I doubt that. I don't look at the spoiler threads. Do we have any spoiler photos of them leaving the area through the Livingstone Airport?

Check out Wikipedia. They just claimed Livingstone for Zimbabwe.  :groan:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2019, 05:20:47 AM »

No, they're claiming that they went back over the border to the Livingstone Airport to depart, because this is exactly what teams did on TAR27. I just want to know if there's any proof of this from spoilers, because the SHOW says they flew form Harare. I at first thought maybe they had just been moved to a Harare hotel during the Pit Stop, but one of the taxis right before heading to the airport still says "Victoria Falls".

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2019, 05:46:46 AM »
I am enjoying this season so much. Love Tali/Gili , Nisim and Orel and some others too like Mechal and Omer.  For me it's one of the best seasons  :conf: :)x

Gra1162

« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2019, 05:58:08 AM »
gooo michal and omer

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: August 18, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »

No, they're claiming that they went back over the border to the Livingstone Airport to depart, because this is exactly what teams did on TAR27. I just want to know if there's any proof of this from spoilers, because the SHOW says they flew form Harare. I at first thought maybe they had just been moved to a Harare hotel during the Pit Stop, but one of the taxis right before heading to the airport still says "Victoria Falls".

No airport photos, but teams were shown crossing the border back to Zambia at the start of the leg.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: August 18, 2019, 09:37:34 AM »
ok so can someone explain how the eff Aviad & Eden / Haviv & Itzhak started this episode ahead because idgi

funnily enough I disagree with G.B. about this season's flaws, but agree on the overall sentiment; we really can't expect the luck tasks this season to do their flipping job for once and actually give us a good last-minute shake-up huh :dick

that being said, the cast is still good, the worst teams of the season (who I still like) were not leaving with or without that luck task, and this is still far from the worst TAR season we've seen so *shrug*
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:20:07 AM by ImANewUser »
I'm baaaaaack!