Author Topic: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion  (Read 515488 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2019, 05:48:16 AM »
My jaw has just dropped if they really are. TAR Vietnam's got some balls of reinforced steel, it seems.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2019, 11:21:11 PM »
This season is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2019, 08:17:44 AM »
The white teams are the villains this year. The guy always has a scowl on his face and they're always arguing.

Fans are accusing the girl of peeking while blindfolded.

I'm just watching for Ky Duyen's 100cm rack.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
I'm always thrown off by the pink team because in the confessionals Quoc Ahn always seems like he's sad or upset so I always assume they're eliminated  :funny: I know it's not his personality because he's usually always happy during the Leg lol

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
I'm always thrown off by the pink team because in the confessionals Quoc Ahn always seems like he's sad or upset so I always assume they're eliminated  :funny: I know it's not his personality because he's usually always happy during the Leg lol

Pink team eliminated?

Oh yeah, this season is so gripping. You never know who's going to be on top and on bottom...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 10:41:28 AM »

I think part of it is those confessionals were clearly filmed after the fact - Mlee's pink dye has completely faded by the time they filmed them.

If I understood Vietnamese I'd be upset since people's facial expressions pretty much spoil who does well or not well (with the exception of Lương Gia Huy, who always looks annoyed at Hoàng Hạnh) but since I don't it's super helpful lol.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 02:59:13 PM »
The yellow team/BQs also had a confessional in front of a bridge and not in front of the TARV background or indoors, different from everyone else. So I assumed they had gotten eliminated too. lol

Being used to TAR Canada filming confessionals after the Race ended too (and how obvious they usually are), I should know not to base eliminations on how they look in the confessionals.  :funny: But actually, me not understanding Vietnamese does the opposite. I always assume their facial expressions are spoilers since I don't know what they're saying!  :lol:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »
And the winning streak is broken.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »
Best episode so far, full of dramas (Orange, Yellow, Grey and White), good challenges (both physical and skills), Brown winning streak broken, close pit stop race, and the EP will be used to save a team next episode. 

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
It was a great Leg.
Even crazier when the first and last place teams started the Leg almost 2 hours apart, but all (?) teams were at the balls at the same time?

And another all day Leg too. TARUS weeps at the thought of a Leg lasting more than 3 hours  :lol:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2019, 03:35:49 PM »
The season has been gaining steam after a shaky start, and it was great to see the teams in the back actually have a chance since I thought that they would be doomed due to their delayed start.

And another all day Leg too. TARUS weeps at the thought of a Leg lasting more than 3 hours  :lol:

Personally, I'm glad the leg lasted one day instead of two because delaying one task for the next day typically kills the momentum of the episode.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »
Can someone confirm to me who did the Roadblock this leg from ORANGE team, BLACK team and YELLOW team? Wikipedia and I seem to disagree (and I can't tell Orange and Black teams apart from each other)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »
The season has been gaining steam after a shaky start, and it was great to see the teams in the back actually have a chance since I thought that they would be doomed due to their delayed start.

Personally, I'm glad the leg lasted one day instead of two because delaying one task for the next day typically kills the momentum of the episode.
Definitely I love these whole day Legs.
But if they plan long Legs like this, they should at least plan the last task or two to still be safe to complete in the dark so there's no overnight rest in the middle of the Leg and teams can still finish.

The first task was pretty straightforward on paper, but I assume it was the rowing upstream that made it absolutely difficult. And then having to carry the heavy bananas after already being exhausted trying to row in place, basically (lol) made it a very physical task.

The Detour was a good, very typical TAR task. The carving was also nice and different, but when it was being described, I expected the results to be a little more polished  :lol: They were very lenient with the teams haha

The Road Block was simple, but good as well since it comes after a very long day.

Navigating and driving around seemed to take a long time as well.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2019, 09:56:41 PM »
Can someone confirm to me who did the Roadblock this leg from ORANGE team, BLACK team and YELLOW team? Wikipedia and I seem to disagree (and I can't tell Orange and Black teams apart from each other)

And I think these are the teams and who did the RBs?
Orange (Minh Triệu & Kỳ Duyên): Kỳ Duyên
Black (Quốc Thiên & Anh Quân): Quốc Thiên
Yellow: H'Hen Niê

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2019, 10:51:05 PM »
Yeah, every time I think I know which one is Quốc Thiên, I'm wrong...

Wikipedia says H'Hen has done three RBs, but I only count her as having done the ones on Leg 3 and Leg 5 (this leg)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2019, 11:53:44 PM »
Yeah, every time I think I know which one is Quốc Thiên, I'm wrong...

Wikipedia says H'Hen has done three RBs, but I only count her as having done the ones on Leg 3 and Leg 5 (this leg)

She did last week's RB too with the buffalo crossing the river.

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2019, 04:55:36 AM »
In Vietnam do not ask women directions. Always ask taxi drivers or policemen.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
So Vietnam's brought in the Salvage Pass, basically

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2019, 03:55:10 PM »
A shorter Leg (in terms of tasks), but alright. Obviously a physical Road Block in the heat in the middle of the day. The Detour was unbalanced I guess since the puzzle side of the Detour was much more straightforward than the wakeboarding that requires a lot of practice and skill/experience.

Has another TAR done the Tower of Hanoi puzzle before? I know the Head to Head in TAR31 is a similar, modified version. But I feel like I've seen a task like it before where the teams/contestants had no idea how to solve it. So maybe not as easy as it sounds?

Again another task in the pitch black darkness! lol I am surprised no one cut their knees open falling on the rocks. I know I probably would have  :lol: But it was a good, creative task. Should've been sponsored by a phone company. lol

And I wonder if the FF clue was completely unreadable all wet and the crew just gave them the clue in the end  :lol:

Ultimately, the Leg was decided at the Detour.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2019, 05:46:07 PM »
Has another TAR done the Tower of Hanoi puzzle before? I know the Head to Head in TAR31 is a similar, modified version. But I feel like I've seen a task like it before where the teams/contestants had no idea how to solve it. So maybe not as easy as it sounds?

Again another task in the pitch black darkness! lol I am surprised no one cut their knees open falling on the rocks. I know I probably would have.

TAR Norge did a Tower of Hanoi puzzle next to the actual Tower of Hanoi.

Even without the darkness, it was surprising that the blindfold didn't cause more tripping especially on the steep hill near the well.

Yeah that Detour wasn't balanced and was pretty much was the deciding factor.

For the people that speak Vietnamese, what was the logic for saving the team?

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2019, 08:45:37 PM »

Again another task in the pitch black darkness! lol I am surprised no one cut their knees open falling on the rocks. I know I probably would have.

TAR Norge did a Tower of Hanoi puzzle next to the actual Tower of Hanoi.

Even without the darkness, it was surprising that the blindfold didn't cause more tripping especially on the steep hill near the well.

Yeah that Detour wasn't balanced and was pretty much was the deciding factor.

For the people that speak Vietnamese, what was the logic for saving the team?

They are two cute and fun girls and are a good team just been unlucky so they should get a 2nd chance.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »
I totally even forgot about the express pass.  Did it expire this  Leg? Or did they just want to save them.

Also was it teased at the end of the last episode that there was a possibility the express pass could be used? I was definitely surprised at the beginning of the ep.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2019, 09:20:35 PM »
Those that speak Vietnamese: was there reference to how many Fast Forwards would be on the race? Given that there's basically three 'tiers' of teams - tan/pink, yellow/blue, orange/gray/white - I'm surprised Lê Xuân Tiền & Đỗ Mỹ Linh were able to do it uncontested (mind you judging from the distance they covered getting to the falls if they failed it they would likely have been eliminated so good on them for finishing  :tup:)

(eta @dryedmangoez wiki suggests the EP could either be used to skip a task or save a team; they had a confessional last ep with it so I'm guessing it was to set up that they were saving one of the teams eliminated on that leg)

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2019, 07:17:50 PM »
It is the only fast forward in the season. Luong Gia Huy mentioned that when interviewed that he wanted to do it but  it was already taken.

My Linh (blue team) is absolutely getting blasted on social media for doing nothing on the fast forward and most of the season so far.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »
It is the only fast forward in the season. Luong Gia Huy mentioned that when interviewed that he wanted to do it but  it was already taken.

My Linh (blue team) is absolutely getting blasted on social media for doing nothing on the fast forward and most of the season so far.
Since there were two, the task should've had each team member take a key I think so both team members had something to do.