Author Topic: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion  (Read 515484 times)

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion
« on: July 03, 2019, 09:41:46 AM »
Discuss what happens on the show without future spoilers.

Teaser Episode 1
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ihp7xb3g8Z8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ihp7xb3g8Z8</a>

Premiere date: 8:00 PM, 06 July 2019 (+07 GMT) on VTV3

Livestream: https://vtvgo.vn/xem-truc-tuyen-kenh-vtv3-3.html
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cuocduakythuvn/?fref=nf
Official Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwf3JXtYPSyqWnwMic-cs7Q
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:50:39 AM by Quốc Nghĩa »

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
Re: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 09:42:53 AM »
So excited for new season. #teamyellow #teamblue  :clap2:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 04:26:34 PM »
Amazing how TAR has been having a dry spell, and now four seasons are coming out at nearly the same time!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 12:12:39 AM »
Wow, a new twist in this year is that the Express Pass will expired after ONE leg. That means if the team wins the Express Pass in Leg 1, the team can only use it in Leg 2. Multiple Express Passes will be awarded during the race.

Moreover, it seems to be that Yield will be used in this season.

Source: https://www.yan.vn/cuoc-dua-ky-thu-la-gi-co-nhung-ai-tham-gia-gameshow-nay-205362.html?fbclid=IwAR1PrnH2OWSy_7h4PU2eJ3W8k-HDagpAQ0GTmR4658D3BMsc3y1WkSHykJY

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 01:09:42 AM »
That's an interesting new take on the Express Pass

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 01:11:55 AM »
That's very interesting! I think that's a fresh take on the Express Pass. I wonder how teams can win one. Whether a Leg prize or randomly finding one or having an extra task or requirement to existing task.

Looking forward to the premiere tonight! Hope they will still upload the full episodes to their official YT.

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
According to the episode, the Express Pass can also be used to save another team. So I guess the number of Express Passes will approximately be equal to the number of NEL. And the second leg might be an another NEL.

Some impression with the first episode:
- Even though every tasks are Route Info in the first leg, these is actually a "modified" detour (teams are forced to do one task from four tasks based on luck), and a double Roadblock.
- Both members of the gray team do not know how to read. (However, I appreciate that they speak completely in Vietnamese, unlike some other teams).
- The time penalty for the first task is 20 minutes.
- One member of yellow team is an environmentalist, and she tried to cut the grass in the right way.
- The black team broke the machine in the "modified" detour and needed to do the task by hand :O
- One girl in team white gave up the last task and decided to receive the time penalty. Seeing the team might finish in last place, she decided to give up the penalty and complete the task  :lol:
- The first leg is a NEL.
- Since the two bottom teams decide to check in at the same time, they are both marked for elimination in the next leg. They will not have any money for the next leg.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »
Two teams taking a NEL penalty. Is that a first?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 01:43:24 PM »
Two teams taking a NEL penalty. Is that a first?

Probably since most other franchises don't have ties. This leg was already playing a little loose with task structure, so why not end the leg with an NEL tie.  :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2019, 06:32:45 PM »
Haven't watched the ep yet. So is the Express Pass basically the Salvage Pass now?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »
Haven't watched the ep yet. So is the Express Pass basically the Salvage Pass now?

Teams can either skip a task or save another team.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2019, 07:14:01 PM »
The first episode was a borefest.
It was worse than TARVN standard.  :groan:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 07:17:19 PM by Quốc Nghĩa »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 08:12:48 PM »
Why on earth do they air TAR Vietnam on a Saturday night?  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:41 PM »
Welcome back everyone! This was a .......weird start.

As you probably know by now, I need a lot of help building Wiki pages for the Vietnam Race. Thanks already for BVD providing some info.

As always, I am looking for Full names, Hometowns and Ages of all contestants

Looks like the Wikipedia page has actually been updated for this first leg, which usually doesn't happen, so that's luckily the only question I have at this point. Since no-one was eliminated yet, there's also no rush. Also, was White/Green's penalty at the Pit Stop, or at the task site?

This is the same S.T that was eliminated first in Season 2, right?

Team Orange needs to wear orange clothing. Those shirts were absolutely definitely Red :Y
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 01:41:58 AM by G.B. »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 10:11:58 PM »
Wiki page is up. Let me know if anything's wrong.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 11:03:07 PM »
I also love the 300 million Vietnamese Dong prize!

How crazy!  :funny:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 02:32:47 AM »
I also love the 300 million Vietnamese Dong prize!

How crazy!  :funny:

Well, it equals to about 12,800 USD, so what?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 08:25:14 AM »
It's not nearly as impressive as it sounds when you convert it to USD. I learned that when I wrote the Wikipedia summary for that Deal or No Deal Fast Forward from last season.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 08:31:15 AM »
Yeah, seems like you need to know about different denominations for every currency. Not every currency in the world starts at 1 as "the equivalent of 1 dollar". Some start at 1000, etc. Learn more about inflation, thanks. And also, not every 1 of any currencies in the world feels like 1 Australian dollar.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »
Some impression with the second episode:
- The 5-minute rule is applied to this race.
- All team is not provided any money for this leg of the race :lol: . So the last two teams receive no disadvantage.
- The motorbike Route Info is dangerous. The teams need to chase the drone, and some drivers might not be able to both focus on the road and the drone at the same time.
- The gray team felt off the cliff. One team member (Johnny) hit his face on the ground, lost a tooth, and experienced double vision afterward. Both team members need ~30 minutes after that to stabilize. Many other teams also felt during that task.
- The Detour: Do or Eat. Do: The teams have to make 5 kilogram of noodle to receive the next clue. Eat: Each team member has to eat 3 bowls of noodles, so there are 6 bowls in total.
- The white team decides to switch the member who performs the Roadblock. According to the rules of previous season, the team will receive a 2-hour penalty.
- The members of the green team help each other during the Roadblock. They might also receive a penalty, so maybe that is why both the penalties are not shown.
- I think the plan is to finish the race at night, but because it was too dangerous to drive in the dark, a task is moved to the next day.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
Chasing a drone on a motorbike? Yes, I'd say that's dangerous :o

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
I liked this episode much more than the premiere. I think also because the Leg's format was more "normal" too.

The motorbike task was basically the TARAu/TARPH sand dunes/clue under a basket task, except much more physical and dangerous. I didn't get the drone part though since they just had to follow the road/path, didn't they?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 08:41:09 PM »
I was angry about White team not receiving a penalty, until I learned here about Green's penalty also. Way to make it really confusing, producers. I mean, in Season 4 they had the two last place teams wait out a penalty even though it didn't mean anything. A casual viewer might think it's totally unfair that the team is eliminated...

The teams have to make 5 kilogram of noodle to receive the next clue.

Are you sure? They were making those thin edible things (Bánh tráng) from Season 3, didn't they? I feel like it would take a LOT of those to make up 5kg...

Here's who I identified as doing the Roadblock. Tell me if any of these are wrong:

ORANGE: Minh Triệu
BLACK: Quốc Thiên
GREEN: Chu Minh Vũ
PINK: MLee
RED: Emma
WHITE: Hoàng Hạnh (Before switch)
BROWN: S.T Sơn Thạch
BLUE: Đỗ Mỹ Linh
GREY: Huy Trần
YELLOW: Lệ Hằng

Also, here is how I interpreted the dirt bike challenge. Let me know if this is inaccurate:

The teams have to 'chase' the Sting bottle that flew away on a drone. The 'story' being presented is that the bottle flew away, and then hid itself somewhere on the course, as if it was alive. But, besides the drone flying away at the beginning to show this story, they didn't ACTUALLY have to chase it. The task itself was to find it hidden.

Can anyone confirm the length of Green's penalty? Since it's not shown, I'm just going to assume it's also 2 hours long.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:49:02 PM by G.B. »

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 11:22:36 PM »
- The white team decides to switch the member who performs the Roadblock. According to the rules of previous season, the team will receive a 2-hour penalty.
They receive no penalty because they can switch once in this Roadblock.

- The members of the green team help each other during the Roadblock. They might also receive a penalty, so maybe that is why both the penalties are not shown.
I think they receive no penalty as well. No penalty rule about helping each other in Roadblock in TARV. You can see that they help each other a lot in previous seasons.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2019, 11:24:07 PM »
They receive no penalty because they can switch once in this Roadblock.

Oy... Do I still just count this as White Team female's Roadblock only?