Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 1 PREMIERE LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 13274 times)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
Re: TARC 7 Episode 1 PREMIERE LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2019, 09:24:19 PM »
They must've been trying to get a Supacoowacky cameo.
Well he was (and still is) traveling around the world when this was filmed so that wouldn't have worked.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2019, 10:03:19 PM »
What an interesting episode!

Why on earth didn't Jet & Dave buy a map, at the start of the race!  :groan: :funny:

Kamloops's scenery is quite beautiful and the tasks were original and interesting!

Bring on next week!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2019, 11:17:58 PM »
Wow, Dave & Irina are exactly what I predicted - one episode in and we got a few instances of trash-talking other teams :D

We have a villain team more villainous than the norm for Canada.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 12:08:36 AM »
I'm shook. Loved every team but I'm kinda not sad to see Jet and Dave go. So happy Moms and Grandfather/Grandson are still in it. :luvya: :hfive:

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 12:49:00 AM »
I’m wondering how far Jet & Dave actually got before they realized they took a wrong turn. Merritt is about 85km south of Kamloops.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 02:51:44 AM »
I’m wondering how far Jet & Dave actually got before they realized they took a wrong turn. Merritt is about 85km south of Kamloops.

I only watched the very beginning and end of the episode because I still refused to believe they went to Kamloops of all places, but I recognized the place where they stopped to get corrected. It was the rest stop in Merritt where my family and I would stop all of the time when driving to Vancouver. I can't believe they were able to get all of the way to freakin' Merritt before realizing they need to pull over.

Just knowing we have a TAR franchise where Kamloops and Revelstoke justify two separate episodes is super baffling to me. It even made our local news when a team pulled over in Armstrong to ask for directions at a Tim Horton's.

Still funny they have yet to make it to my town since now they have been to EIGHT different towns within a five hour drive away from me.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 03:49:52 AM »
Dave & Irina were really getting to my nerves. Good racers, but they got my bad side quickly.
Enjoyed the other teams in different degrees.
Jet & Dave wasting their second chance. Wasn't rooting for them during the Canada vote phase, so not particularly sad that they are gone. But what a freaking wasted opportunity.

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 08:04:54 AM »
I only watched the very beginning and end of the episode because I still refused to believe they went to Kamloops of all places, but I recognized the place where they stopped to get corrected. It was the rest stop in Merritt where my family and I would stop all of the time when driving to Vancouver. I can't believe they were able to get all of the way to freakin' Merritt before realizing they need to pull over.

I’ll have to watch that again. It didn’t look like the rest stop south of Merritt, which they’ve shut down a while ago. Could be wrong though.

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 10:04:38 AM »
Alrighty - poor Jet & Dave actually went into the town of Merritt  :'( They got directions at the Knight's Inn motel on Nicola Ave in downtown Merritt. It's about a 1 hour or 90km drive from there to the Circle Creek Ranch. So they were at least 2 hours behind.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 10:30:58 AM by Linda BC2 »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
There goes my winner pick  :groan:

Ok premiere. Felt intense and packed.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 06:16:07 PM »
So we lucked out with TAR 31 ending a week before TARC 7. Between Art & JJ and now Jet & Dave, how did we get two shocking returnee first boots in the same year? (Last year TARC also had a photo finish race to the first mat like TAR 30. How do we keep getting these similarities?) This was actually a pretty fun leg. While the tasks weren't all great, the teams seem like a fun batch, and there was a surprising amount of navigation drama. While TARC has more self-navigation, navigational problems aren't a frequent occurrence on this series, and yet so many teams had troubles in Kamloops even with navigating a bike path with a potential repeat of Misa & Maiya. Obviously, the biggest mishap was with Jet & Dave, and it is crazy to hear that they went 80 kilometers out of the way. Even in just one episode, they were still an entertaining team, and it's a shame that we won't see more of them. Side note, curious as to why they brought back the give an Express Pass twist when that hasn't been done in years.

Aisha, how'd it go? Not so good clearly.  :funny:
Dave distracted by the horse to the annoyance of Irina.  :funny:
Navigate to the youngest person with the newest phone.  :funny:
We're not last baby. We don't suck.  :funny:
If I am in last, I hope I do get gored.  :funny:

Lion King: Find it somewhat hilarious that they started the season with a product placement task. At the same time, it was surprisingly good considering the extremely critical judging on timing.
Postcard: It was a needle in a haystack task that wasn't really needed.
Mine: Pretty fun task that fulfills the adrenaline task requirement that this show likes for the premiere.
Cows: Tasks with unruly animals tend to be fun, but only a couple of teams had that problem.

3.5/5

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »
Alrighty - poor Jet & Dave actually went into the town of Merritt  :'( They got directions at the Knight's Inn motel on Nicola Ave in downtown Merritt. It's about a 1 hour or 90km drive from there to the Circle Creek Ranch. So they were at least 2 hours behind.

From the shadows at the pit stop, it was clear that Jet and Dave arrived much later than the other teams. I can't understand how you could drive 50+ km without getting good directions when you have no idea where the ranch was. When they showed maps on the counter at the one place they did stop for directions, I knew they were done. Well, that and remembering the spoilers for this first episode.  :funny:

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2019, 10:03:54 AM »
I can't understand how you could drive 50+ km without getting good directions when you have no idea where the ranch was..  :funny:

It was quite easy. Once you head south out of Kamloops there is nothing, or should I say NOTHING, until you get to Merritt. Even with that said, the highway is actually outside the city, and there is nothing on the highway. Did I mention there is absolutely NOTHING on that highway 5?

Poor Jet & Dave getting eliminated by bad directions  :'(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:22:18 PM by Linda BC2 »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2019, 12:14:17 PM »
Dave explained on Twitter. https://twitter.com/thedaveschram/status/1146445409881088001

They were told to take the 5 when they were supposed to take 5A. A few main highways in BC split like that.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2019, 06:33:20 PM »
I'm enjoying the self-navigation, otherwise the best part was the camera hogging team (that somehow got voted back in) getting eliminated early.  Teams that try to funny somehow aren't.  The extended film advertisement was a bit embarrassing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:49:11 PM by Musicon »