Author Topic: TAR 31 FINALE LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTS WED 6/26/19 9-11PM  (Read 58360 times)

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
The finish line is at Fort Wayne

Colin congratulates Christie for calming them down

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
They're trying to make it like a taxi race to the finish line, of course

Teams are talking about how close they supposedly are

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
But Colin and Christie get there first!!!

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Colin and Christie complete their redemption by winning!! :woohoo:

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Colin gives all credit to Christie for helping them win

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Tyler\Korey in 2nd place

No idea where Leo\Jamal went :duno:

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Colin\Christie and Tyler\Korey glad they had an alliance

Now Leo\Jamal are doing some tasks

They're reminding everyone of their records again :lol:

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Colin says TAR was perfect opportunity to put into practice their new philosophies

Colin is proud of Christie

roll credits!

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
That's a wrap everyone! :waves:

Thanks for watching and congrats to Colin and Christie :conf:

Online Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
Glad the season is over so I don't have to hold in spoilers on non-spoiler discussions lol. Glad to see that Leo and Jamal at least got to do the tasks after they were essentially never seen during filming/live sightings during the finale.

Anyway, finale legs feel VERY incomplete to me without a memory task of things from the race. Those are often the best parts of the finale legs for me and certainly enhanced the TAR 30 finale leg tenfold, so I was disappointed not to see one. Hopefully they put one back in the finale leg of season 32.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Welp, Leo & Jamal came in 3rd in the most Leo & Jamal way possible.

Colin & Christie vs. Tyler & Korey was actually really intense. And I was already spoiled too! :lol: if only Leo & Jamal didn’t fall behind early because this could have been a real nail biter.

I’m not even mad about no memory task because S30’s was perfection. I’ll give em a pass.

The tasks were so cool though. Every single one allowed teams to pass each other. Finally.

Overall this final leg went a lot better than I expected.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
real did not like final, they should add more your home of motown.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

Colin & Christie vs. Tyler & Korey was actually really intense. And I was already spoiled too! :lol: if only Leo & Jamal didn’t fall behind early because this could have been a real nail biter.

I’m not even mad about no memory task because S30’s was perfection. I’ll give em a pass.

The tasks were so cool though. Every single one allowed teams to pass each other. Finally.

Overall this final leg went a lot better than I expected.

In every returning team season of TAR, no memory task has ever appeared.

Online Jro

• RFF Sr. Member

Same. Though, if I remember correctly from filming, Colin and Christie actually left Hart Plaza decently long before Ty/Korey, which is how a lot of people assumed C/C won. Editors did a good job. The cab driver telling Ty/Korey that C/C hadn't left that long ago confused me a lil bit tho.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Overall, I liked the tasks since they each had some type of mental element.  Assembling a tedious set of items during loud music was a nice touch because it really tested teams' focus and mental strength.  All the tasks mattered, which can't be said for all finales.  The only thing I might have added was a team building element like TAR 11, but this one was overall good.

Online elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
^^ interesting pattern tho, wonder why they dont have final memory task challenge in returnee season.

Overall, these episodes are pretty cool, the penultimate leg is amazing as usual, the additional task right in the pit stop is such a great deal, even tho it doesn't shuffle the placement, the finale leg is cool, allowing them to catch up... The best parts of the finale are RB and final task, RB is really good since it seems that its a linear task, but puzzling to open the bunker cause the good shift, and final task is pretty cool tho, as you have to focus on details in assembling drum that seems pretty easy to be done, in the middle of the loud music, causing mentally chaos.

what might have been

Online Jro

• RFF Sr. Member

In every returning team season of TAR, no memory task has ever appeared.

I never realized this. Thanks for this tidbit of info. Come to think of it, one of many flaws of TAR 24's very boring finale.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Glad I can finally talk openly now. This was a pretty intense ending to the season, and I'm very happy for a Colin & Christie win. Congratulations.  :conf:

Online ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
real did not like final, they should add more your home of motown.

What does that even mean?

Offline spitcoff

• RFF Not So Newbie
Crazy.... There was another challenge in Detroit that did not make the show. Is this common?

Gra1162

Yas Gawd C/C won i'm like so happy right now <33333

Online elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Crazy.... There was another challenge in Detroit that did not make the show. Is this common?

Wait what.... What challenge?
what might have been

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Congratulations, Colin & Christie! 😀

Offline spitcoff

• RFF Not So Newbie

Wait what.... What challenge?

They went to the Heidelberg Project and had to search among well over 100 clue boxes for ones that had clues.

Online elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Fun fact: Colin & Christie need 26 seasons to return and win the amazing race, the longest of the entire returnee season winners ( Eric & Danielle needed 3 seasons, Kisha and Jen needed 4 seasons, And Dave & Connor needed 2 seasons to win TAR as returnees)
what might have been