Author Topic: TAR 31 EP 10 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/19/19 8PM  (Read 63843 times)

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Becca's interrupting Phil with '"and we are still racing"' at the pit-stop really irritated me.  :dick

Yeah me too. I'm sure the clue also clearly said that the last team to arrive WILL be eliminated.

It's either they hoped for some kind of miracle, they hoped that the production is "lying", or they're desperate already but trying to be "Team Fun" all the way to the end. But, based on Becca's reaction in the end, it seems that she's honestly and really surprised by their elimination.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31 EP 10 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/19/19 8PM
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
My opinions on the usage of the double U-Turn:
I don't mind that Leo & Jamal used it as payback, because it's all part of the game, but did they have to gloat so darn much about it? Learn some class, please.
And thank you to Victor & Nicole for correctly using the U-Turn by putting it on the one team that you know is behind you, so that you have more of a fighting chance to not come in last. Future racers, take note

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2019, 02:45:44 PM »
Does anyone know why the greeter was edited out? ??? You could see him in some overhead shots but then he would disappear.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2019, 03:02:10 PM »
Who knows. The editing at the Pit Stop's been getting weirder by the season and this one's no exception. Most eliminations they've zoomed in on half of the team and Phil barely says anything.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
why is everyone hating on Team Fun.
If you've just biked many miles to realise you have to go back again because of a stupid mistake you're not exactly gonna be in a good mood. Whilst they're not my favourite team, they're nice people who just had a bad day.
Really enjoyed this leg tho, so excited for
Show content
London  :cheer:

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »
While I wouldn't be happy, I wouldn't take it out on the person judging the task.  Personally team fun isn't my cup of tea.  Floyd is ok, but Becca comes off as phony to me.  I've known far too many people like that.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2019, 05:54:45 PM »
Miss Fun's face in a mid-episode confessional was a dead giveaway that they would get eliminated, I should always look away during confessionals.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »
For everyone that wonder why there's no RB this leg, I think it's because the show want to avoid a default RB in the semifinals. As of leg 10, each person had done 5 RB. If teams went into the semifinals with uneven RB count, one member from each team would be forced to do the RB and that could cause unfair results.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:18:28 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2019, 08:47:24 PM »
Coming into this season there were a few locations that I wasn't thrilled about (UAE, Switzerland, and Netherlands). Some of these legs like UAE & Swiss 2 did exceed my expectations, but this leg didn't. I did like the large amount of self-navigating with the bikes, the cars, and the boats. It was a little surprising to see the post-Detour U-Turn back, since Phil said preseason that he didn't see a difference in the U-Turn placement. Now I don't mind the pre-Detour U-Turn when all the teams are on equal footing like in Laos. However, this leg really showed the difference in the placement as Nicole & Victor wouldn't have been U-Turned had the U-Turn come before the Detour. Unfortunately, the U-Turn removed most of the tension from the leg. Team Fun was never shown catching up to Nic & Vic, so it never really felt like they had a chance especially after the hairline crack on the egg. Sad to see Team Fun go out in the same spot this season, but at least they were able to finish the leg. Looking forward to next week, and I hope we get an exciting finale.

Korey calling Tyler E.T.  :funny:
Phil's udderly ridiculous pun.  :funny:
Leo when he saw the animals in the canals.  :funny:
Locals angry at teams' driving skills on the canals. :funny:
Freestyle fail.  :funny:

High: The 40 second time limit made the actual hoisting just difficult enough; however, teams didn't have to do as much compared to the other task.
Dry: I think TAR 21 showed that the ditch vaulting can't be its own task this late into the season. So, I like that it was combined with the egg and cheese delivery due to the intact rule. I am annoyed that the judges were too lenient on some of the jumps. Apparently the only requirement was not sliding down the pole.
Boat Train: This task gave great local interactions; however, because of the narrow canals and slow boat speed, the only way teams could pass each other is if a team missed the boats. So, a luck task is deciding who will remain after a U-Turn.

2/5

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2019, 09:02:51 PM »
Ty as little ET in the basket
Ty & Korey not only super strong, they also fun and funny, i hope they win this season
Swarm stupidity

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
This was an okay leg, I think the last task with the boats saved the leg.
The detour was ok, but we were missing a task or two. Maybe a small roadblock at the Jachthaven place (first stop after the bike) would have helped a bit?

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2019, 11:57:41 PM »
Anyway, did no one notice or mentioned that Leo & Jamal already match Rachel in terms of most leg ran in this leg?

They ran 11 legs in season 23, 11 legs in season 24, and 10 legs currently in season 31, which make 32 legs. By the next leg, when they reach the Pit Stop, will they officially become the team who run the most legs, which is 33 legs?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2019, 01:15:11 AM »
Anyway, did no one notice or mentioned that Leo & Jamal already match Rachel in terms of most leg ran in this leg?

They ran 11 legs in season 23, 11 legs in season 24, and 10 legs currently in season 31, which make 32 legs. By the next leg, when they reach the Pit Stop, will they officially become the team who run the most legs, which is 33 legs?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I noticed that too... after you mentioned it, of course.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2019, 05:21:06 AM »
I like this leg, although not great like Croatian leg. I like self-navigation aspect (bicycle, car) and Netherlands always give us beautiful scenery  :)x  :2hearts:
Boat task was good but i disappointed there was no roadblock. And judges at the 'switchback' made it easy, racers' body should reach the other side and not fall into the water

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2019, 11:06:54 AM »
While I wouldn't be happy, I wouldn't take it out on the person judging the task.  Personally team fun isn't my cup of tea.  Floyd is ok, but Becca comes off as phony to me.  I've known far too many people like that.
Same here. I don't mind overly perky/positive people if they're naturally like that, but with Becca, I could tell that she was putting on a show/contrived personality for the cameras, and that is what bugs me about her.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »
Same here. I don't mind overly perky/positive people if they're naturally like that, but with Becca, I could tell that she was putting on a show/contrived personality for the cameras, and that is what bugs me about her.

Exactly, I don't care if people are super whatever as long as it's who they really are.  Super religious?  Go in peace.  Super bubbly? You do you sunshine.  Super dedicated to work?  Have fun with your TPS reports.  Perfect parent?  Yeah that one doesn't exist, but hey as long as you're trying your best.  Whatever your thing is go for it, but too many people have one persona in public and a completely different one when they think no one is watching.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2019, 02:09:23 PM »
Second great leg in a row. It reminded me of the older seasons of TAR. Especially the boating in the canal brought to my mind season's 3 punting task in Caimbridge

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »

Exactly, I don't care if people are super whatever as long as it's who they really are.  Super religious?  Go in peace.  Super bubbly? You do you sunshine.  Super dedicated to work?  Have fun with your TPS reports.  Perfect parent?  Yeah that one doesn't exist, but hey as long as you're trying your best.  Whatever your thing is go for it, but too many people have one persona in public and a completely different one when they think no one is watching.

I also feel similar towards Becca. I quite like seeing Floyd, he looks like a natural fun person, but Becca always looks a bit act for the camera to me. And to be honest this time they lost due to her fault, it is very obvious that the trick of transporting eggs is to make sure they don't crack. In their first round it was obvious she did the pole vault then left without even checking the eggs one by one, given that they know how far the market is they should have spared just one minute to check and make sure the eggs are intact. This is a very fatal mistake for a TAR team.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2019, 01:06:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/VernMei/status/1141572139415326722

Interesting. Our mystery greeter could very well have been Van Munster, himself. He is Dutch-born, so why not?

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
What would be the purpose of hiding his identity? :duno:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2019, 01:23:09 PM »
Their policy of not intentionally showing production, I guess. But as I said on the tweet I replied with, why bother making him greeter in the first place, then? :lol:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2019, 02:21:41 PM »
What if the leg was a last minute substitute and no greeter could be found (ie the reason for using BVM)

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2019, 02:54:56 PM »
Do you think they had to cancel the original leg?  That could explain why the U-Turn setup was kind of clunky and why there were odd "clueboxes" like a red pouch hanging from a random tree.