Author Topic: TAR 31 EP 10 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/19/19 8PM  (Read 63848 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
All you GUESTS...it is easy to register then you can read ALL the 31 info!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Native helps Leo and Jamal untangle their motor.

B/Floyd looking for the boats!

Vicole getting their boats AFTER doing the UTURN!! Catching up!

Tyler/Korey arrive in SECOND PLACE!!

Floyd/Becca looking for 2nd boat

Vicole get their 2nd boat

F/B have two boats!!

Vicole miss a turn

Leo and Jamlal third to mat!!

Saying we wanted to give Vicole a taste of their own medicine. :O
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Leo & Jamal found a local to fix their boat.

Nicole and Victor came across Leo & Jamal and found their 1st boat.

Tyler & Korey finished 2nd.

Becca & Flloyd found the 1st boat, Leo & Jamal found their 2nd boat, Nicole & Victor found it too.

Leo & Jamal finished 3rd.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Becca and Floyd approach the island...See Vicole ahead of them  :'(

Nicole and Victor arrive in 4th

Becca and Floyd arrive last...eliminated

Becca was sure there was one more NEL...shocked.

Becca says at least we made it to the mat this time and weren't eliminated in the field.

Beat boxing!!  :2hearts:

STay tuned for scenes from next episode

commercial
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
 :hfive:

Thank you alecbaldwin!!   :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Next time...T/K want an all TAR finale...

See you all next week!! TWO HOUR FINALE ...NEW START TIME 9 PM to 11EST!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
Interesting that pit stop greeter was never shown. You can see him/her in the back of one shot, but never shown fully. All shots with Phil were zoomed in. Wonder what happened?

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Leo & Jamal wanted to give Nicole & Victor a taste of their own medicine.

Nicole & Victor finished 4th. Becca & Flloyd were last, It's their destiny to finish 5th on the race and we get to see their classic exit again.

Next time on the season finale:
Show content
Tyler & Korey wanted a top 3 of TAR teams, Leo & Jamal wanted to finally make the top 3, everyone was working together but Nicole & Victor, emotions ran high, Christie broke down and the winner will be crowned.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:01:03 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
:hfive:

Thank you alecbaldwin!!   :kuss:
You're welcome :hfive: Sorry if I'm not very good at recapping.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
real like this leg

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Sorry I missed the last part guys!

Team Fun really has some of the worst luck :(  Hopefully they get to be a three-peater someday!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster

Team Fun really has some of the worst luck :(  Hopefully they get to be a three-peater someday!
They did poorly this leg with getting lost to detour decision point and failing to check the eggs.
They clearly did not lose because of bad luck.

Please don't bring them back again.  :duno:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
This leg did a lot of things right:
- no spoonfed flights
- tandem biking
- self driving
- W-Turn after the Detour
- task before the Pit Stop (to make up for lack of Roadblock)

But it was still kind of boring? I think the Detour needed to be a bit more challenging.

Not sure where this would fall in my leg rankings. I’ll update tomorrow.

ETA: I think part of the reason it was boring is Team Fun was in last for basically the entire leg.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:55:44 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
First of all, I liked how teams used five types of transportation this leg. The Detour was okay. The cow hoisting task was not that exciting. I'm not so sure about the Dutch pole-vaulting over a canal used three times, (the only time this task worked was the in TAR 12). It finally happened, we get a U-Turn AFTER the Detour! :conf:  The boat task I personally enjoyed, because of all the twists and turns it had. Also more self driving this leg.

Rating 3/5

Teams I Like:
Colin & Christie
Becca & Floyd

Teams I'm Meh On:
Nicole & Victor
Leo & Jamal

Team I Don't Like:
Tyler & Korey
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 11:57:59 PM by NELs »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I liked this episode!

LOVED the Moo-Moo Detour, that was very funny to watch!  :funny:

But, why was there no Roadblock in this leg? ???

And how many people was in the Pit Stop island? How many NDAs did those people have to sign! :funny:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Apparently it's only Team Fun until things really aren't going their way, lol. We saw this dark side of Becca back in 29 when Floyd lost the passports.

Also, what happened to the greeter?

Gra1162

OMG yay baiii becca & floyd, and colin and christie winning the leg <3

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie

:luvya: :tup: :tup: . If there would be all stars soon. No problem if they would finish again 5th as long as they provide entertainment ( some elements of Bitchy Becca).

Haters gonna hate a cause de positivity. 

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Becca's interrupting Phil with '"and we are still racing"' at the pit-stop really irritated me.  :dick
 I bet Phil was feeling so as well. :jam:

I am so glad that she is eliminated  :conf: :conf: :conf: , not because of the other's problem, but her own problem instead. :funny: (u-turn didn't necessary kill them)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
It was nice leg.... The fact that they have self drive themselves to the determined location in three different transportation types, it was really good touch, the detour was good, could have added a little bit more challenging, surprise double u-turn came really handy this time, especially where they put it after the detour to add the intense, and the final task to the pitstop was really great, best ARI task in a while, love how they struggled to drive themselves to the marked bot and to the pitstop while avoiding crowds on the canal, really great touch, and wish we have more theis thing in the future, overall a very nice leg

4.5/10

Leg 1: 3.5/5
Leg 2: 4.3
Leg 3: 3.7
Leg 4: 4.3
Leg 5: 4.1
Leg 6: 4.2
Leg 7: 4.1
Leg 8: 4.4
Leg 9: 4.6
Leg 10: 4.5
what might have been

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
This leg was really made by the self-navigation, that element of the race should never have gone away.  Having to navigate to the pit stop should always be an important element. 

The detour wasn't that great, probably some lenient judging as well.  No way Nicole ever made it to the other side of the ditch. 

Becca's interrupting Phil with '"and we are still racing"' at the pit-stop really irritated me.  :dick
 I bet Phil was feeling so as well. :jam:

I thought the racers were told in an earlier leg there were no more non-eliminations?

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Team fuuuuuun
Swarm stupidity

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
It's really unfortune for Nicole & Victor. The Afghanimals shouldn't have U-turned them over the Funanimals, especially on Nicole's birthday. At least, they survived.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Re: TAR 31 EP 10 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/19/19 8PM
« Reply #73 on: June 20, 2019, 09:17:19 AM »
Based on things from this episode and other ones, it seems like there's a lot of hidden animosity toward Victor/Nicole from the Race teams :duno:  I wonder if some stuff has been edited out that we haven't seen

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Re: TAR 31 EP 10 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/19/19 8PM
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »
I really like this leg. Although it doesn't have a Roadblock, but all tasks seems really hard to do and physically demanding anyway.

- The whole tandem bike riding is physically exhausting, especially in the middle of the day and it looks like teams navigated a pretty long way with that.
- The pole vault Detour has a good twist. Instead of making it a two times Switchback, they added more "seasoning" to the tasks to make it harder. But I wonder why it seemed easier than the first two executions (TAR 12 & TAR 21). Transporting eggs with the pole looks really tricky, and finally what I wished come true when Becca didn't realize that the eggs were not intact.
- I also didn't like to see Floyd throwing those cheeses like that across to the other side. If it's fake cheese then it's fine, but I'm sure that it's REAL cheese and it's a FOOD. You're not throwing food made by someone else's effort like that, especially with a risk of it's falling to the irrigation ditch. :groan: :groan: :groan:
- The cow Detour looked pretty slow phasing. It begins with teams following the tractor. I think it would be much harder if one team should drive the tractor and the other ride the bicycle by themselves. :lol:
- The final challenge in Giethoorn is awesome! I didn't know that the place is that big. With other people travelling through the canal with boats here and there really made the canal more difficult to navigate, especially with two boats behind them.
- Does anyone remember Tyler & Korey being called idiot by a local in Giethoorn? And also Leo & Jamal were scolded by the locals when they're making a wrong way? Usually we see locals cheering for the team, but when they're scolded it's really funny. :funny: :funny:

- Becca & Floyd: Call me weird, but I don't like them. They look really positive, but when something bad happened to them, all those positivities gone in an instant.

This episode proved why I don't like Team Fun. It seems that teams that were really positive in terms of attitude in the whole race can turn 180-degrees when something wrong happened to them. Saying like want to throw the egg in the judge's face because of their own fault is not right in any kind of way, ugh. :groan:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*