Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106921 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:14 PM »
THIS is for Intelligent speculation with some basis in fact.

It is NOT for wishlists in any form.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 12:12:32 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 11:53:37 PM »
Phil has tweeted a cofirmation of sorts that next season will be a regular person season. It’s on his Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan/status/1138965694538604544

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 11:54:55 PM »
Isn't that tweet referring to TAR32 though? Not really TAR33.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 02:44:16 AM »
Interview with Phil, talks about S33 at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3Q3RHdyv0

No official renewal or word on S33 yet, but he said believes S32 is a very strong season, so strong that he's confident CBS will renew Amazing Race

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 03:03:29 AM »
Do we know if we are filming in October/November, as speculated by Peach earlier this month? ???

Just putting it out there!  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 09:40:41 AM »
That dates literally from last year. I do not believe it reflects the current status.

And October is likely OUT as Race to the Center of the Earth will be filming then.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 03:49:29 PM »
Yeah, that tweet by Phil is quite obviously about S32.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »
Yeah, that tweet by Phil is quite obviously about S32.
That was my interpretation of Phil’s tweet as well. The question was about having a normal person cast rather than what the TAR 31’s cast was/is.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 11:03:10 PM »
You all are prob right about it being 32...just was being cautious!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 07:18:25 AM »
So we don't get any filming soon, Peach? I was pumped to start with the detective work, which I look forward to every filming.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 11:46:40 AM »
Jodi from Season 14, who is now casting for The Amazing Race. Was on Racers Recap, where She said that they where Going to cast in September. So November seem to be a Safe bet.

Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 11:44:34 PM »
Okay, so I know we can't necessarily assume where each season will go based off of where it has gone in the past. Unfortunately, since we can't read the minds of the producers, this is exactly what we'll have to do in order to speculate where Season 33 will be going.

I think speculation for Season 33 will be unique in that - in my opinion - we can't really eliminate any specific continent from the running! Let's just start with speculation in terms of each continent:

Europe and Asia. Unless they pull something akin to Season 2, which I doubt, we will see visits to Europe and Asia. I don't think anyone will disagree here.

Africa. Since Africa was skipped in Season 32, I think it could be potentially fair game for Season 33.

Oceania. Yes, we are long overdue, and I think a visit in Season 33 is quite likely. Then again, we've been saying that for how many seasons now? (lol).

South America. To be fair, we did have 3 different legs in 3 different countries last season. However, South America was skipped in 30 and 31, and was featured in each of 26, 27, 28 and 29. Personally, I don't think it's likely, but having said that, I don't think we can completely eliminate it.

North America (not USA). This is the only continent that I'm skeptical about. North America has been visited in three of the last five seasons; however, keep in mind that, excluding season 8, North America has only been visited 7 times. I would completely welcome another leg here since it's so underused, but I don't think it's likely.

So, all continents are fair game this season! In terms of pinpointing countries however, I think this could make it a little difficult to speculate since all are fair game. However, I have noticed a pattern. Let's investigate this pattern:

With the sole exception of Season 20, every season from 19 to 32 has visited at least one country that has only been visited once:

- Taiwan (12 and 19)
- Panama (8 and 19)
- Indonesia (19 and 21)
- Bangladesh (17 and 21)
- Turkey (7 and 21)
- Botswana (7 and 22)
- Scotland (3 and 22)
- Portugal (3 and 23)
- Poland (11 and 23)
- Sri Lanka (6 and 24)
- Denmark (19 and 25)
- Philippines (5 and 25)
- Namibia (2 and 26)
- Peru (7 and 26)
- Zambia (1 and 27)
- Mexico (3 and 28)
- Greece (9 and 29)
- Iceland (6 and 30)
- Belgium (19 and 30)
- Czech Republic (15 and 30)
- Zimbabwe (27 and 30)
- Croatia (12 and 31)
- Colombia (28 and 32)
- Paraguay (20 and 32)
- Kazakhstan (13 and 32).

I think this pattern will continue for Season 33. Now, there's some countries that I don't think will be visited this time around. For example, I don't think we'll see Trinidad and Tobago again (for obvious reasons) or Burkina Faso (for safety reasons). But if I had to put my money on any specific countries to be seen again, I think Costa Rica, Uruguay, Ireland, Finland, Hungary, Tunisia, Ethiopia, or one of the Caucuses could be seen again.

In terms of new countries, I think the usual suspects - the ones that this community has been throwing around for several years now - are fair game as always: Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Andorra, a whole slew of Balkan countries, Cyprus, Nepal, Bhutan, and Myanmar, among others. I think these are all likely, but here's a few that don't get much attention:

Rwanda. Rwanda has really been trying to make itself stand out on the international stage. I recently watched a video on how Rwanda is trying to make itself "the Singapore of Africa." It's a safe country that has been trying to rebuild itself since the genocides. I think it would be awesome if the Race went here.

Algeria. I could actually see two legs here. Algiers and Oran are some beautiful Mediterranean cities that have loads of history and culture, which equate to a slew of possible challenges. Plus, it's quite safe.

Moldova. I know when people talk about new countries in eastern Europe, they almost exclusively talk about Belarus, with some side talk about Bulgaria or Latvia, depending on your definition of "Eastern Europe". However, I think a lot of people skip over Moldova, which is too bad. It's a beautiful country, with lots of history and scenery, and Chisinau would be a great anchor for a leg here.

If you're still reading, thank you! I know it's a long post, but I could analyze this stuff for days and I could say a lot more. Let me know what you guys think!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 09:10:16 PM »
I think they will skip central and west Africa this season for precaution on recent Ebola breakout at DR Congo and Uganda.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 09:44:45 PM »
Even so that Southern Africa is the mostly common visited region in the entire African continent as South Africa is long overdue that hasn't been visited in a decade and a half.

We haven't had a 6-continent race since TAR 11 (All-Stars).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:15:39 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 03:27:36 AM »
It will start & end in the United States. The finale city will be in some airport hub city or easily connectable.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 07:18:19 AM »
It will start & end in the United States. The finale city will be in some airport hub city or easily connectable.

:funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 09:45:33 AM »
Even so that Southern Africa is the mostly common visited region in the entire African continent as South Africa is long overdue that hasn't been visited in a decade and a half.

We haven't had a 6-continent race since TAR 11 (All-Stars).
Yes Hope they do that again!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
Algeria in 2019 is pretty much not possible, since they are facing significant political issues. Other than that, Brannockdevice wrote a great post.

TAR US version has *only* visited 91 different countries over 31 seasons (less than 3 new countries per season). The number of countries in the UN is still more than double of that. After removing all the problematic countries, it is still possible to visit at least 2 new countries per season, assuming those governments are willing to cooperate.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »
They usually spend more time in the warmer parts of the world/ the southern hemisphere in the (US) fall seasons so I imagine we'll likely see something in Oceania in 33. No Africa or popular east asian countries in 32 so they'll probably be on the list too. Mainland China is probably out of the picture right now tho.  Maybe HK too depending on the political situation there.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2019, 11:20:31 AM »
They usually spend more time in the warmer parts of the world/ the southern hemisphere in the (US) fall seasons so I imagine we'll likely see something in Oceania in 33. No Africa or popular east asian countries in 32 so they'll probably be on the list too. Mainland China is probably out of the picture right now tho.  Maybe HK too depending on the political situation there.

Because October/November are the warmer parts in most of Southern Hemisphere compare to cold winter in Northern Hemisphere.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2019, 03:29:56 PM »

Because October/November are the warmer parts in most of Southern Hemisphere compare to cold winter in Northern Hemisphere.

Perhaps we could see something akin to the route of Season 22. Lots of time spent in Oceania, Southeast Asia, and Southern Africa.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2019, 10:09:47 PM »

Perhaps we could see something akin to the route of Season 22. Lots of time spent in Oceania, Southeast Asia, and Southern Africa.

That'd be a good fit because they'll be airing two fall filmed seasons in a row and 32 mostly follows the southern hemisphere too. It'd be some diversity. 32 is pretty South America/ South East Asia heavy.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 10:43:07 PM »
Jodi from Season 14, who is now casting for The Amazing Race. Was on Racers Recap, where She said that they where Going to cast in September. So November seem to be a Safe bet.

I saw this and took it as casting is recommencing in September as they're currently on break. I don't think they could turn around a cast and give them enough time to prep for filming so quickly.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
I’m pretty sure Jody meant the semifinal phase of casting interviews. They initially review all applications as they are submitted year round.
-- theschnauzers

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »

I saw this and took it as casting is recommencing in September as they're currently on break. I don't think they could turn around a cast and give them enough time to prep for filming so quickly.

Maybe she meant casting for TAR34 (because TAR33 is casted already?)?