Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106927 times)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2019, 08:56:57 PM »
So since 31/32 had a combined total of one African leg, I’m betting that we’re getting several for 33

I definitely agree. If memory serves correctly, only Seasons 1, 5, 7, 10, and 30 had three legs in Africa. Perhaps we could see something similar? I wonder if 4 African legs would be out of the question? Fingers crossed!

Season 32 will not visit Africa as we never had 4 consecutive Africa legs before. IN MY OPINION>

What do you mean by this?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2019, 02:53:33 AM »
Is this the first time they’ve filmed two consecutive seasons the same time of year? 32 is pretty South America/ SE Asia heavy bc of it being filmed in the US’s fall. They need to do something different. Afaik the only reason they didn’t film a season this spring/summer is that 32 was rough on the production team and they wanted a break. That may be wrong but I think Phil said it was three weeks in before they even slept in a bed.
I remember Phil saying 32 was one of the toughest season for them to film.

He said it was tied with 3 for toughest.

He did say that on his podcast when Rob & Brennan were guesting. I wonder why it was so taxing on the production crew...
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2019, 07:09:52 AM »
Please keep any 32 discussion in THAT thread. This is for 33 only.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2019, 07:40:38 PM »
I think if there was ever a season to have 4 African legs, it’s Season 33. There are plenty of different possible “themes” for legs, such as a desert leg (Namibia, Botswana, Tunisia, Morocco), safari leg (Maasai Mara, Kruger, etc), metropolis leg (Johannesburg, Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo), coastal leg (Cape Town, Mombasa, Alexandria), Island paradise leg (Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros) as well as plenty of new countries (Rwanda, Angola, São Tomé and Príncipe, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Algeria, Cape Verde).

To sum it up, I believe if there is any continent that has lots of potential, it’s Africa.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2019, 08:49:49 PM »
I think if there was ever a season to have 4 African legs, it’s Season 33. There are plenty of different possible “themes” for legs, such as a desert leg (Namibia, Botswana, Tunisia, Morocco), safari leg (Maasai Mara, Kruger, etc), metropolis leg (Johannesburg, Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo), coastal leg (Cape Town, Mombasa, Alexandria), Island paradise leg (Seychelles, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros) as well as plenty of new countries (Rwanda, Angola, São Tomé and Príncipe, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Algeria, Cape Verde).

To sum it up, I believe if there is any continent that has lots of  :amen:potential, it’s Africa.

I agree with everything but Cairo. No one is going back to Egypt anytime soon because of the political situation

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2019, 09:32:55 PM »

To sum it up, I believe if there is any continent that has lots of potential, it’s Africa.

I'd love a revisit to what they have dubbed "The most beautiful city in the world" Cape Town, South Africa.
Also, Mauritius, dubbed "Africa's Playground". I read an article where Elise Doganieri was asked "What’s The Most Beautiful Place You Have Ever Shot The Amazing Race?" Elise answered:

The first places that comes to mind is Mauritius, it was an unexpected surprise. When I got there it was so tropical and beautiful with white sand beaches and beautiful sail boats and a lot of incredible history, I was kind of blown away by it.

I'm looking forward to 1st Time visits to Cape Verde, Rwanda, Algeria.
A proper visit to Kenya must be made and not just a simple connection which was done in S.5

« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:38:20 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2019, 12:55:42 PM »
Do you guys think Tunisia is stable enough for them to visit now? It's been five years since they got a new constitution.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2019, 03:03:18 PM »
According to the U.S. state department, Tunisia is currently listed as a Level 2 Advisory: Exercise Increased Caution (to put that into perspective, Level 1 is the safest and Level 4 is the most dangerous). Some parts of Tunisia are obviously worth avoiding, but I think a leg in Tunis should be fine.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »
Seems like level 2 is their cutoff. Eyeballing it the only current 3 where they've ever been is Turkey and it probably wasn't when they went there. Nigeria, where I want them to go, is a 3 but there's no warning for Lagos. There's plenty of other West African countries in the 1 & 2 levels they've never been to : Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone,  Angola,  Gabon,  Benin,  Togo, or Liberia .

They could go to SA, Kenya,  and two of those and get 4 Africa legs easy.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »
There's plenty of other West African countries in the 1 & 2 levels they've never been to : Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone,  Angola,  Gabon,  Benin,  Togo, or Liberia .

I really want them to visit West Africa again too... They were there for season 6, 12 & 17 and these are my favorite legs.

The biggest problem with countries you named it's logistic, I think. They want to have season filmed asap, and it take some time to get to and out from these small countries in Africa.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2019, 09:32:29 PM »
There's plenty of other West African countries in the 1 & 2 levels they've never been to : Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone,  Angola,  Gabon,  Benin,  Togo, or Liberia .

I really want them to visit West Africa again too... They were there for season 6, 12 & 17 and these are my favorite legs.

The biggest problem with countries you named it's logistic, I think. They want to have season filmed asap, and it take some time to get to and out from these small countries in Africa.

Fair point. From about a three minute google search, looks like they'd have to go through Lagos to get to the smaller countries.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #86 on: July 08, 2019, 12:16:48 AM »

You'd be surprised. Most West African countries have decent connections; on Air France, teams may fly nonstop (from CDG) to Mauritania, Senegal, Guinea, Sierra Leone, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon. Also, Sao Tome and Principe can be reached via Lisbon on TAP Air Portugal.

However, all of this is not to say that a visit to West Africa is foreseeable. For example, the Ebola crisis has long since left this part of Africa, but production might think twice about visiting some of the countries that were hardest struck - Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia. Also, countries like Cote d'Ivoire and Guinea-Bissau are not quite safe at the moment (depending on area of course).

All of this being said though, my unprofessional opinion is telling me that a West African visit would be incredibly welcome and quite awesome!

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #87 on: July 08, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »
So since 31/32 had a combined total of one African leg, I’m betting that we’re getting several for 33

I definitely agree. If memory serves correctly, only Seasons 1, 5, 7, 10, and 30 had three legs in Africa. Perhaps we could see something similar? I wonder if 4 African legs would be out of the question? Fingers crossed!

It’s hard to have 4 legs in Africa especially some of the African nations are not politically stable
Look at S11, the airport scrambling is a hot mess

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »
I actually can see the race is going west to Asia first
Just like S31 I speculate South Korea and Taiwan as the top 2 contenders
Maybe there are some overdue countries in East Asia typically Mongolia

New countries in Central Asia and Eastern Europe can be expected

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »
I’m not sure I’m in agreement. Depending on when specifically filming will begin, we will likely see a (Northern hemisphere) winter race. As such, Mongolia, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe are unlikely to be visited as winters can be brutal. Even South Korean winters can be rough (remember the ice plunge in Season 4?).

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »
I’m not sure I’m in agreement. Depending on when specifically filming will begin, we will likely see a (Northern hemisphere) winter race. As such, Mongolia, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe are unlikely to be visited as winters can be brutal. Even South Korean winters can be rough (remember the ice plunge in Season 4?).
32 did visit Kazakhstan during Winter, also did 14's visit to Siberia.

Though I believe production would prefer warmer winter for filming. That say Taiwan or Southern China being highly possible.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

Though I believe production would prefer warmer winter for filming. That say Taiwan or Southern China being highly possible.

doesn't china have conflict with usa, especially on trade war?
what might have been

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2019, 01:52:37 AM »

It’s hard to have 4 legs in Africa especially some of the African nations are not politically stable
Look at S11, the airport scrambling is a hot mess

I lowkey liked the airport scramble/mess that ensued. Anyway it was production's fault for choosing to fly during Ramadan.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2019, 02:48:09 AM »

That's true. There have been plenty of snowy legs (mostly in German-speaking Central Europe if I can recall). After all, it would be hard to film an entire season in just the southern hemisphere and other warmer climates. That being said, I just think the locations listed above will probably be absent next season.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2019, 12:28:25 PM »
It’d be interesting if they did the obligatory snowy leg(s) in Canada. Haven’t done that in a while

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2019, 01:00:49 PM »
It’d be interesting if they did the obligatory snowy leg(s) in Canada. Haven’t done that in a while
I'd love to actually have an entire leg in Canada
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2019, 01:06:30 PM »
I think that Spain could be a possiblity this Season, they have not been there in awile. And there is so many amazing places, they could go North of Spain, Madrid and South of Spain. Could also be amazing with Andora and Gibraltar.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2019, 01:08:47 PM »
I'd love to actually have an entire leg in Canada
Yes can't belive that They have not done, that yet. Please go to Vancouver.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2019, 11:47:25 AM »
They could go to Montreal to get a French speaking city in that’s not actually in France to mix it up a bit.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2019, 12:58:08 AM »
They could go to Montreal to get a French speaking city in that’s not actually in France to mix it up a bit.

I think Quebec City would be a much better location for this, but I wholeheartedly agree with you!