TAR's 2019 Emmy Submission is...

(1/4) > >>

dryedmangoez:
Episode 31.06 - Who Wants a Rolex

Here is the logline included on the Emmy ballots (from here):

--- Quote ---The Amazing Race
Who Wants A Rolex?
May 22, 2019
The Amazing Race makes a first ever trip to Uganda, where a massive market causes confusion and alabor intensive challenge on the shores of Lake Victoria exhausts teams before they battle in a Ugandan themed head-to-head competition ending in elimination.
--- End quote ---
Show content

This is also the first year for the new Outstanding Competition Program category.
Though it won't really make a difference in terms of contenders since Competition Programs were the ones that filled all the slots in the original Reality-Competition Program category anyway.

And as a refresher, here are TAR's previous Emmy submissions:
Show content2003: Episode 3.08 - "This Is More Important Than Your Pants Falling Down!"
Switzerland - John Vito & Jill NEL; Falling pants, Lots of running, footrace to Mat

2004: Episode 4.06 – “I Could Have Never Been Prepared For What I’m Looking At Right Now”
India – Monica & Sheree eliminated; The infamous trains episode: “Don’t touch my boob man or I’ll throw you off the train!”

2005: Episode 7.07(?) – “We’re Moving Up the Food Chain”
Hour 2 of “I’ve Been Wanting a Face Lift for a Long Time”
Botswana – Ray & Deana eliminated; Brian & Greg’s accident/comeback

2006: Episode 9.08 – “Here Comes the Bedouin”
Oman – BJ & Tyler NEL; Bedouins! Camels!

2007: Episode 10.04 – “I Know Phil, Little Ol’ Gorgeous Thing!”
Vietnam – Tom & Terry eliminated; Junks and sampans

2008: Episode 12.08 – “Honestly, They Have Witch Powers or Something!”
India – Kynt & Vyxsin eliminated; Ron & Christina putting up the poster and stepping on flimsy crates! Kynt & Vyxsin yoga Speed Bump.

2009: Episode 14.01 – “Don’t Let a Cheese Hit Me”
Switzerland – Preston & Jennifer eliminated; Premiere; Cheese; Margie & Luke win leg

2010: Episode 16.05 – “I Think We’re Fighting the Germans, Right?”
France – Joe & Heidi eliminated; WWI simulation

2011: Episode 18.07 – “You Don’t Get Paid Unless You Win”
India – Ron & Christina eliminated Frown ; Funeral spires… India.

2012: Episode 20.08 – “Let Them Drink Their Haterade”
Tanzania – Nary & Jamie eliminated; Safari, Mark & Bopper win

2013: Episode 22.07 – “Be Safe and Don’t Hit a Cow”
Botswana – Pam & Winnie’s shocking elimination; Caroline & Jennifer are pulled over by the police and need to pay a fine; Crocodile water skiing fast forward

2014: Episode 23.09 – “Part Like the Red Sea”
Indonesia – Ally & Ashley eliminated; Angklung, Nicole meltdown, ramming rams

2015: Episode 25.05 – “Morocc’and Roll”
Morocco – Keith & Whitney eliminated; Jemaa el-Fnaa madness, tea, head twirls, “AND WHAT?!”
*Also submitted for consideration: TAR25.10 – “Smells Like Dirty Tube Socks” (Philippines 1) and TAR25.12 – “All or Nothing” (Finale/Los Angeles)

2016: Episode 28.05 - "We’re Only Doing Freaky Stuff Today"
France – Erin & Joslyn eliminated; poor Leg design, pretty snowy mountains, unfair final Road Block, lack of competition

2017: Episode 29.03 – “Bucket List Type Stuff”
Tanzania – Seth & Olive eliminated; U-Turn, passport drama, market shopping.

2018: Episode 30.08 – “It’s Just a Million Dollars, No Pressure”
Hong Kong & United States – 2-hour Season Finale; Best Final Leg ever; Winners? Another story  :'(

georgiapeach:
Not sure this would have been my first choice...I think this was the last available one due to cut offs though..???

dryedmangoez:
Episodes 1-7 were eligible. May 31 is the cutoff.

I can see why they chose it. They always choose a "culture shock"-type of location. And the teams were competitive, especially focusing on the Reillys and Janelle & Britney (Speed Bump, Janelle/RB, Head-to-Head). And it ended on an emotional note as well.

Maanca:
The episode that shone the spotlight on Tyler & Korey. They're probably hoping for a few points off of that.

georgiapeach:
I am still having trouble seeing the actual TAR nomination/submission section.

Help please??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version