Author Topic: TAR 31 EP 8 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/5/19 8PM **UPDATER NEEDED**  (Read 22690 times)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
This is a good day on The Amazing Race
in fact june 05 should be designated as The Amazing Race Day in all around the world
and maybe i lost faith in politics, EA sports and pokemon, but ill never lost faith on democracy again
people, this why we have democracy, democracy and free speech
Uncle Bret and Chris made a super fans move
Colin finally met his nemesis the bovine, but luckily he met much more mellow cow, perhaps on weeds
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:50:28 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
in fact june 05 should be designated as The Amazing Race Day

*September 5th should be Amazing Race day

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
in fact june 05 should be designated as The Amazing Race Day

*September 5th should be Amazing Race day

Because it is the day that TAR first aired. TAR is the reason we were here. And with that in mind, early 2000s had a lot to churn in.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Welp, the implement of the Must Vote U-Turn was atrocious as I thought it would, but other than that this leg was good. I liked the two Detour tasks because they were unique. I liked the cow Detour. Finally, the Donkeys from TAR 12 have competition. The hay Detour was fun and unique as well. The Roadblock wasn't labeled as a TAR 3 Switchback.  :groan: Also we Get self-drive this leg!!!!!! The way teams got to the Pit Stop is one of the most unique ways ever.

Rating 3/5

Teams I like:
Colin & Christie
Becca & Floyd
Nicole & Victor
Chris & Bret

Teams I'm Meh On:
Rachel & Elissa
Leo & Jamal

Teams I Don't Like:
Tyler & Korey

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Well, hopefully future legs can be entertaining as this leg is. Or more.

Anyway, this leg looks good.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Gra1162

No rachel and elissa :(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

why did they u turn them :( should have u tuened leo & jamal imho

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I truthfully wasn’t worried about Colin and Christie being UTurned so publicly, I was surprised they came in third keeping that streak over their two seasons of consecutive finishes at or above 4th place going, now up to 18.
Tasks were at least nation appropriate but at least they switched up the William tell tasks to nails rather than arrows. And I suspect the editors used what little footage they even had with Colin and Christie’s cow slowdown, I.e., it must have lasted about as long as we saw and no longer. Caught their breaths for a moment and cow responded. And by the time they were driving to the other half of the detour with the grass, they were ahead.
No, I won’t miss Rachel and Elissa. Rachel just isn’t as good a racer without Brendon to keep her in check. And having four bad legs in a row, meant things were going to catch up with her sooner rather than later.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby

Uncle Chris and bret made a great move, they need to survive so they have to u turn green team as the closest and the weakest, thats how u should use u turn
my pick for final 3: Ty team, Colin team and Fun team, they are the strongest this season
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but low key, if Rachel and Elissa didn't have to vote first (or basically before Collin and Christe for that matter), they likely wouldn't have gotten u-turned. They kinda got screwed, though their time was coming soon anyway.
That's true. Though Nicole & Victor would've probably voted Rachel & Elissa, as would Chris & Bret. Not sure who Colin & Christie would've voted for.

Also if it was done in the normal way (like Israel, Australia, Philippines, China), teams wouldn't have been influenced.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Somewhere sat on a comfy couch, someone yells:

Swarm stupidity

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
This is why the world hate wretchael, damn u silicon sister
why would any right-minded people u-turn team fun, team fun is real strong team, my butt
its so sad but, bye granpa rupert
Well, maybe she's attempting to stop the #Funstoppable.

Well Becca & Floyd certainly showed they were a strong team when they flew through the Detour and probably would've finished in a better place if Becca had more luck choosing an elephant.

Plus Leo & Jamal were ready to U-Turn Tyler & Korey as well until Becca & Floyd came running up and as they would, encouraged them to do it instead so they wouldn't get blood on their hands.

I mean the last time, they got eliminated because Floyd almost pass out, almost lost their passport and not dominating their season
the strongest teams this season are Afghanimal and Ty-Korey, Colin also so strong, these three are top 3 in leg 1, so team fun is real strong team, my butt
silicon sister u-turn them only because a little spat earlier in japan
wretchel got emotional and think with her implant, if she smart they should u-turn afghan or Ty, or for the shake of humanity, u-turn themself

Uncle Chris and bret made a great move, they need to survive so they have to u turn green team as the closest and the weakest, thats how u should use u turn
my pick for final 3: Ty team, Colin team and Fun team, they are the strongest this season

Do you realize that you're against your own words because according to you:

1. Rachel & Elissa should have U-turned your granpa Rupert (oh and Laura was there too!) in leg 2, your uncles Chris & Brett or team #Funstoppable (which they did) since you're making them look so weak.

2. Eveyone was at the same place, Nicole & Victor had a speed bump and Colin & Christie had already gotten U-turned for sure while no one voted for Chris & Bret so the "they need to survive" excuse of yours doesn't make any sense

3. "silicon sister u-turn them only because a little spat earlier in japan".
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 06:38:04 PM by alecbaldwin »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Watching the episode again, Nicole tells Victor to make a decision about the vote. So he makes a decision and then she immediately berates him for it.  :idgit

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
I'm pretty surprised for the vote actually. In previous leg, it seems that Rachel & Elissa going to be the main target for the U-Turn. However, based on the result I can see that the TAR teams don't really care about the drama and alliance and anything like such as, they just want the main threat they're racing with getting eliminated. While the non-TAR teams still decide based on the drama and alliances, just like what they used to be in their original show.

All the TAR teams are seeing Colin & Christie as a main threat. The Reilly sisters, Afghanimals, and Team Fun's decision to U-Turn Colin & Christie were right, because they thought that IF they want to win the race, they should get rid of the strongest team. Colin & Christie's vote was also make sense because they're voted for getting the U-Turn. Tyler & Korey decision were also good, because Nicole & Victor were clearly the strongest non-TAR team, and with they having a Speed Bump in front of them, it would be wise to vote for them if you want to get rid of them. Tyler & Korey's not voting for Colin & Christie I think is because C&C already get 3 votes, so why should they vote for them again?

I can see that the non-TAR teams still play with their emotion here. Voting for a team just because not liking them personally or because they're the only team that doesn't hang around with is not a good game move for my perspective. If someone think that Chris & Bret voted Rachel & Elissa because they're a weak team and will almost certain to get eliminated with the U-Turn, I think the better game move is U-Turning Nicole & Victor because they already have 1 vote against and they have a Speed Bump ahead. Rachel & Elissa is not really a strong team (compared with the other teams left) and eventually they may get eliminated in upcoming legs if they're save in this leg. Nicole & Victor's vote is weird, because Nicole's wanting to U-Turn the Reilly sisters personally but I see Victor think that's not a good game move, and from the game perspective, voting for Afghanimals is better than Rachel & Elissa.

Well, I think that the result may differ IF they don't publicly reveal their vote OR the order of voting is different. But, it's already happen and if the producers want to re-implement this twist again, I'm not against it but I hope that the implementation is better than this time.

PS: I know maybe after this someone or some of you is not agree with me, but that's just my opinion and analysis for this U-Turn.

Finally for the next preview:

Show content
Why that Colin & Christie's scene at the water screams Fast Forward to me :funny:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Kamineko, your analysis is the correct analysis.  :jam:

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Kamineko, your analysis is the correct analysis.  :jam:

I second that.

About the next preview:
Show content
I want to think that Colin & Christie were going for the Fast Forward but I remember thinking the same thing about Gary & Mallory in Austria so I'm not gonna jump to the conclusion just yet and try another kind of exercise first instead.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Wow! What an episode!

Rachel & Elissa finally being eliminated makes me so happy!  :conf: :cheer:

Becca is annoying me  :groan:

Bring on next week!

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
If someone think that Chris & Bret voted Rachel & Elissa because they're a weak team and will almost certain to get eliminated with the U-Turn, I think the better game move is U-Turning Nicole & Victor because they already have 1 vote against and they have a Speed Bump ahead. Rachel & Elissa is not really a strong team (compared with the other teams left) and eventually they may get eliminated in upcoming legs if they're save in this leg.

I disagree
Uncle Chris & Bret in last place, so they are on survival mode, what they need is beat 1 team to survive
and the best choice is the team at front of them who also the weakest, that way they guaranteed get eliminated
team uncles survived, mission accomplished
u-turn strong teams are not guaranteed get them eliminated as happen with colin team, u dont want to see strong team came back from u-turn at mat, as happen to becca, she cant even look them in the eye
btw i think colin have PTSD with the broken ox, he kinda hesitate to get near the cow
Swarm stupidity

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Uncle Chris & Bret in last place, so they are on survival mode, what they need is beat 1 team to survive

What makes you think they're in last place? Nicole & Victor are the one who placed last in the previous leg. I didn't remember seeing any scene/marking that said that they're in last place in this leg, either. Clearly they're in an equalizer on the U-Turn vote.

u-turn strong teams are not guaranteed get them eliminated as happen with colin team

U-Turning two strong teams may result in one of them getting eliminated, so that's a one threat down, right? They had their chance and they wasted it in voting for Rachel & Elissa.

SPOILER AHEAD!
Show content
And Chris & Bret are getting eliminated in the next leg, so yeah... Maybe no connection with the U-Turn vote, but if they voted for a more "stronger" team than Rachel & Elissa, maybe they can survive the next leg too. :)

btw i think colin have PTSD with the broken ox, he kinda hesitate to get near the cow

PTSD is a strong word to say may I remind you. Christie was the one who volunteered to get in front in choosing the cow, and Colin clearly the one who's pulling and guiding the cow, if that's not "near" enough.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
I dont want to quote any spoilers
so i'll just....well its not guaranteed Vicole oh i came up with a good team name...Vicole
its not guaranteed Vicole team get eliminated, afghanimal lost and almost got last place so better play safe if u in survival mode
the worse scenario is both u-turned teams survive like in leg 2, so better play safe
oh i almost forget, team uncle is in last place when they reach the village hall
btw Leo ran so fast to grab that cute cat is so...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 05:24:10 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
oh i came up with a good team name...Vicole

Umm, if you search for "Vicole" here, at least it's mentioned here since last year. So yeah... 🙃

its not guaranteed Vicole team get eliminated, afghanimal lost and almost got last place so better play safe if u in survival mode
the worse scenario is both u-turned teams survive like in leg 2, so better play safe

Yes, there's no guarantee that Victor & Nicole are getting eliminated. But, Afghanimals are also a strong team right? So either way, at least a strong team is eliminated.

Anyway, since it's late in the race and thinking that probably there's no more U-Turn in upcoming legs. Chances if both U-Turned teams survive the leg, there's no more chance to get a "revenge" to the one U-Turn them. Therefore, to vote for two strong teams who are threats for winning a million dollar for me should be a better choice than voting for a weaker team that almost guaranteed not to win the race. Because:
1. At least one strong U-Turned team can get eliminated.
2. If both U-Turned teams are safe, they're not getting any more chance to U-Turn because there's no more U-Turn in upcoming legs.
3. If actually there's another U-Turn in upcoming leg, I believe the remaining teams may focus more on U-Turning a big threat rather than take revenge on who U-Turned them, if they want to race to and win the finale.

If I can compare TAR with Survivor, this leg and upcoming legs should be more like post-merge than pre-merge where you're fighting only for yourself to win by getting rid of big threat who may beat you on the finale, no more getting rid of weak castaway/team that doesn't really threatening. And what Chris & Bret did this time I view it as a move that are made in "pre-merge" phase, not "post-merge" phase.

PS: Watch TAR Asia season 5 to see what I mean, although I hate to see my favorite team getting U-Turned and Yielded in the penultimate leg, but I have to agree that the remaining teams on the finale did a good job for getting rid a strong and dominating team just before the finale, therefore increased their chance to win the race.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Umm, if you search for "Vicole" here, at least it's mentioned here since last year. So yeah... 🙃

ah
i'm too late

Yes, there's no guarantee that Victor & Nicole are getting eliminated. But, Afghanimals are also a strong team right? So either way, at least a strong team is eliminated.

Anyway, since it's late in the race and thinking that probably there's no more U-Turn in upcoming legs. Chances if both U-Turned teams survive the leg, there's no more chance to get a "revenge" to the one U-Turn them. Therefore, to vote for two strong teams who are threats for winning a million dollar for me should be a better choice than voting for a weaker team that almost guaranteed not to win the race. Because:
1. At least one strong U-Turned team can get eliminated.
2. If both U-Turned teams are safe, they're not getting any more chance to U-Turn because there's no more U-Turn in upcoming legs.
3. If actually there's another U-Turn in upcoming leg, I believe the remaining teams may focus more on U-Turning a big threat rather than take revenge on who U-Turned them, if they want to race to and win the finale.

If I can compare TAR with Survivor, this leg and upcoming legs should be more like post-merge than pre-merge where you're fighting only for yourself to win by getting rid of big threat who may beat you on the finale, no more getting rid of weak castaway/team that doesn't really threatening. And what Chris & Bret did this time I view it as a move that are made in "pre-merge" phase, not "post-merge" phase.

PS: Watch TAR Asia season 5 to see what I mean, although I hate to see my favorite team getting U-Turned and Yielded in the penultimate leg, but I have to agree that the remaining teams on the finale did a good job for getting rid a strong and dominating team just before the finale, therefore increased their chance to win the race.

oh ah i remember TARA 5 that was the most brutal elimination in human race history
well i guess team uncle didnt think like veteran racers, they only want to survive so thats what they do, also they dont have good relations with green team so..yeah
btw "its glad to be Switzerland in Switzerland" should be the title
Swarm stupidity

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
oh i almost forget, team uncle is in last place when they reach the village hall

But remember that it was an equalizer, so basically teams are starting on the same position after the vote.

Also, I just rewatched the episode, Phil clearly said that they did a random draw to determine the order on which teams are voting. So Chris & Bret are last in casting their vote, not last position wise.

Anyway, here's a picture on at least proofing that the order teams arriving on the hall is different than the voting order:

We can see that the order of arriving was Korey, Leo, Tyler, Colin, Jamal, etc. But Rachel & Elissa were the first to vote. So I believe that the voting scene that we saw on TV was actually shot after the random draw was made, it's the power of editing.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
But remember that it was an equalizer, so basically teams are starting on the same position after the vote.

Also, I just rewatched the episode, Phil clearly said that they did a random draw to determine the order on which teams are voting. So Chris & Bret are last in casting their vote, not last position wise.

Anyway, here's a picture on at least proofing that the order teams arriving on the hall is different than the voting order:

We can see that the order of arriving was Korey, Leo, Tyler, Colin, Jamal, etc. But Rachel & Elissa were the first to vote. So I believe that the voting scene that we saw on TV was actually shot after the random draw was made, it's the power of editing.

Ya ur right
but u have to keep in mind, team uncle not veterans like the other racers, so their state of mind, they in last place, they have to survive, thats why they take easy route to take down the weakest link, your train of thought is what the veterans had in mind
but its okay, it still a great move, take down green team and prevent rachel going on pedestal is one of the greatest move of all time
becca's line "i choose u pokemon" so funny and the oldman is like.."what the hell.."
Swarm stupidity

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
but u have to keep in mind, team uncle not veterans like the other racers, so their state of mind, they in last place, they have to survive, thats why they take easy route to take down the weakest link, your train of thought is what the veterans had in mind

Yes, they're a newbie compared to other racers. Nicole was also a newcomer that she thought of U-Turning Rachel & Elissa. But Victor actually think of U-Turning the Afghanimals instead of Rachel & Elissa is like the other "veterans" train of thought, right?

take down green team and prevent rachel going on pedestal is one of the greatest move of all time

I'm sorry but I have to disagree, there were clearly better move made in U-Turn, for example the one made in TAR 21 & TAR 28 which made a strong team eliminated (Team A U-Turned Team B, then Team C U-Turned Team A so that Team B cannot U-Turn anyone else, hence their elimination). I still believe that voting for Rachel & Elissa because of personal reason was not a good move to make at this stage of the race.

But if that's your opinion, that's fine. I'm also just stating my opinion about my view of the U-Turn vote.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but low key, if Rachel and Elissa didn't have to vote first (or basically before Collin and Christe for that matter), they likely wouldn't have gotten u-turned. They kinda got screwed, though their time was coming soon anyway.

Yes, I agree that the vote order being random was nonsensical.  Why not go in Pit Stop arrival order if it's going to be public?