Author Topic: TAR 31 EP 8 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 6/5/19 8PM **UPDATER NEEDED**  (Read 22691 times)

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Cool I like the choice between going on foot to the Pit Stop or riding the Finicular

This is the kind of stuff we need

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Victor and Nicole in fifth place!

Battle between R/E and Afganimals

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Team fun finish the roadblock in third, Colin/Christie in fourth.

Sprint to the pitstop... lots of running Tyler and Korey are in first for the third time in a row.... Then Brett/Chris in second

I think my stream is behind  :lol:

I'll let you take over from here  :tup:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
And we are back!

Afganimals are done in 6th!!!
R/E are done right after it seems.

Team fun is lost and stuck between a train, Colin/Christie pass them and are third at the pitstop.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Team fun are fourth at the pitstop!
No tension between Fun and C/C at the pitstop

All teams are seen getting in boats

Victor and Nicole in fifth place at the pitstop
Leo/Jamal in sixth

Rachel/Elissa are last

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Don’t forget to put the next episode in spoilers please!!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel is sad, but girls realizes that they are lucky in life. Positive ending for them!

1) Tyler - Korey
2) Chris - Brett
3) Colin - Christie
4) Becca - Floyd
5) Victor - Nicole
6) Leo - Jamasl
Eliminated: Rachel - Elissa

Observation:

Good leg, loved the tasks, felt like there was missing maybe 1 challenge, as it was pretty quick.
I'm a bit annoyed with Nicole, who told Victor to Uturn the girls, but then said out loud: I don't know, do whatever, and then is piss that he uturned the afganimals.... it's like .... Gurl shut up, you should have said something before then now it's too late.

I think Chris/Brett should have Uturned the afganimals, that would have probably eliminate them... one less strong team to compete against...
I'm also surprised nobody uturned Tyler/Korey after they won 2 legs in a row...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:07:04 PM by stunami »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
Use brackets instead of parentheses:

(Spoiler)(/spoiler)

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
I'll take one dancing crab meme please.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Chris & Bret should have u-turned the Afghanmials to get them out, not the sisters who have been struggling throughout the entire race :groan:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Lol I can't seem to do the spoiler tag... grrr #noob

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Use brackets instead of parentheses:

(Spoiler)(/spoiler)

Use the spoiler tag, put your comment inbetween
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Easiest: type your comment

Highlight it
click the SP tag

And there you are!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Regardless, thank you dude for replacing Rach for updating rhis leg, you did a good job tracking this leg for us! Really appreciate it
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Huge :ty to stunami and BoxOffice for stepping in and Updating!!

:yourock:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ok let me try again lol

Next week on..... THE AMAZING RACE!

Show content
Teams struggle to find flights
Nicole/Victor annoyed that Team fun cut in front of them at airport
Collin and Christie make waves in Split, Croatia
(water tube rafting)

And you are welcome yall!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think the U-Turn Vote actually went really well. Sole Survivor team Chris & Bret having the final say in who gets the second U-Turn was good TV, whether or not you liked the outcome.

1. Tyler & Korey - nothing much to say, I hate when any team wins 3+ legs in a row lol. Not saying they didn't deserve this win though.
2. Chris & Bret - this could've been their second win, dang lol. Who would've thought that they would determine Rachel & Elissa's fate... you know.. given all the drama with Nicole & Victor.
3. Colin & Christie - it was nice to see them in the back and struggling for once but dang you just can't stop em. Christie seems lowkey fierce lol I hope the she/the editors show that side more.
4. Becca & Floyd - ok Becca seemed extra hyper this episode I was kind of annoyed (I'm not usually annoyed with them). They definitely would've secured a Top 3 finish without all that hyperness actually, it seems they're not great at navigation, hence the way they followed teams
5. Nicole & Victor - they definitely should've been U-Turned since they already have a Speed Bump. They might not be Top 2 material but they still have potential.
6. Leo & Jamal - I'm kind of loving these back-to-back finishes in near last place. Like what on earth happened after Leg 2, lol. But I actually hope to see them in the top soon if no one's gonna stop Tyler & Korey.
7. Rachel & Elissa - they were definitely the weakest team left, so there's really no reason they should've gotten the U-Turn. I'll miss their entertainment factor. None of these remaining teams can match the drama they brought in 8 legs.

The tasks were pretty straightforward BUT anything is better than the linear garbage we got last leg. Also, I'm a little more forgiving when self-driving is involved :conf: Taking a boat to the Pit Stop was a nice touch too. Production definitely wanted a close finish, it's too bad we didn't get one.

LEG RANKINGS:
4 > 2 > 8 >>>> 7 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1
The U-Turns gave us some really good drama this season. I'm pleasantly surprised, as they've been pretty forgettable in recent seasons.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
I’m waiting for my train to Chicago right now, but I’ve just gotta day I think this was one of the best episode of the season, only maybe 2 being better. Really good episode, I was on edge the entire episode.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
I definitely like the Vote U-Turn element, but I would have liked to see the vote go in Pit Stop order if it was going to be out loud :duno:  Either that or make it a secret vote like Survivor

No matter what, I think it needs to be used from here on out because it makes it more of a social element.  I never liked that random early U-Turn thing they did the past few seasons where it was before any of the tasks.  There wasn't any skill to that, imo.

Overall, hopefully the tasks will keep getting better on this season :tup:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
My team ranking :
(Rachel & Elissa) > Colin & Christie >>>>>>>> Leo & Jamal > Chris & Bret >>>>> Nicole & Victor >>>> Tyler & Korey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Team Fun  :groan:

Comment :
Seriously. Nicole's 'This was not my doing' speech at the pit-stop made me dislike her a lot  :groan:. She is really playing the victim.
The preview next week pretty much showing that their trust towards Team Fun is going to bite them.
Tyler & Korey winning 3 legs in a row is not admiring at all with the last leg being all about running. I am afraid we are getting the Camera-hog edit of them again in the future episodes  :duno:
Becca is even more annoying with her being over dramatic and hyperactive at the detour this leg :groan:
If there is a 3rd u-turn coming up, please let someone u-turn them out of the race  :groan:

Leg ranking :
4 > 2 > 8 > 6 >>>>> 1 > 3 >>>>> 5 >>>>>>>>>>>> 7 (Would have been the worst 10 level if we don't have Rachel in it)

Comment:
This leg comes extremely short right? :groan: I believe the whole leg is concluding within at most 5 hours  :groan:
The detour is also heavily imbalanced, which made the u-turned teams even more unfair.
Speed bump is meaningful this time finally, not the making snowball level we have seen earlier in this season  :funny:

Making the u-turn vote open is a stupid way to conduct it.
Have it been anonymous, I believe Rachel & Elissa will not be the one getting u-turned.
Surprisingly they are not the one getting the most votes, considering last episode's drama. And Victor did not vote for Rachel is even a bigger surprise  :idgit 

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
The first decent episode this season IMO. Every other leg has genuinely felt like it was planned last minute.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Last week was pretty darn good too....  :d025:

So...a good friend just pointed this out!

TAR 3:
(from Wiki)

Leg 8 (Germany → Switzerland)

Grindelwald (Field) Roadblock: "For someone who is ready to take a shot at success."

For this Roadblock, one team member had to relive the story of Swiss hero William Tell by using a crossbow to shoot an apple off a mannequin's head to receive their next clue. An instructor would load the crossbow after every attempt.

Airdate: December 4, 2002

So...why was this not called a switchback??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Last week was pretty darn good too....  :d025:

So...a good friend just pointed this out!

TAR 3:
(from Wiki)

Leg 8 (Germany → Switzerland)

Grindelwald (Field) Roadblock: "For someone who is ready to take a shot at success."

For this Roadblock, one team member had to relive the story of Swiss hero William Tell by using a crossbow to shoot an apple off a mannequin's head to receive their next clue. An instructor would load the crossbow after every attempt.

Airdate: December 4, 2002

So...why was this not called a switchback??

And that's why it looked so familiar...
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
I think it was because the racer was loading a nail, rather than an instructor loading an arrow.
-- theschnauzers

Online Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
I don't know if anyone has brought this up, but low key, if Rachel and Elissa didn't have to vote first (or basically before Collin and Christe for that matter), they likely wouldn't have gotten u-turned. They kinda got screwed, though their time was coming soon anyway.