Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 7 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 5/29/19 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 12485 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
The leg structure reminded me of Vietnam 1 earlier this season. The Roadblock and one side of the Detour were rather similar to each other, while the other side of the Detour was completely different. Why does production think this is a good idea? :groan:

The drama was great, but it wasn't enough to carry this horrible leg for me.

1. Tyler & Korey - Thought them flirting with Sebastian (and Colin lol) was funny. They're finally back to their dominant TAR 28 selves it seems.
2. Colin & Christie - I really don't have anything to say about them, lol. I honestly would've felt the same as Rachel when Colin gave that zen speech on the train. I just wanna see them struggle one leg. Not asking for a meltdown, just asking for them to stop making the Race look so easy!
3. Becca & Floyd - lowkey they and Leo & Jamal are the reason Rachel & Elissa and Nic & Vic are fighting now, lolol
4. Leo & Jamal - I actually wanted to see them win this leg, idk why. lol at Leo trying to lie to Nic & Vic at the Detour
5. Rachel & Elissa - I wish they raced better so teams would hate them even more (for drama). They're such good TV.
6. Chris & Bret - I need to rewatch the ending just for them because it must've been so awkward lmao
7. Nicole & Victor - yikes. I don't think I would've predicted them to come in last a few legs ago. But the trainwreck version of them is kind of entertaining--I wish we had more self driving legs to let this side of them come out.

4 > 2 >>>> 7 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1
Leg ranking or team ranking at the bottom  :funny:
Oops, leg ranking! If it was team ranking it would be so random :lol:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
The Leg was basically decided on who ran to the Gletscherschlucht the fastest.
Having walked to Gletscherschlucht from near the railway station, it's as big of a task as it appeared on TV. :-[ :funny:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR3 certainly proved that as well what with pants falling down.  :clap2:

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Nice to have this leg have TAR 3 locations, but that's one of the few good things I have to say about this episode. The Roadblock was a simple heights task that TAR has been doing ever since the first Detour. The Detour was okay, one side was an extreme, natural obstacle course, which was a bit boring. The other side proved to be the faster one. Also we got self-drive to the Pit Stop, I hope the next leg will have self-drive also.

Rating: 2/5

Teams I Like:
Colin & Christie
Becca & Floyd
Nicole & Victor

Teams I'm Meh on:
Chris & Bret
Rachel & Elissa
Leo & Jamal

Team I don't like:
Tyler & Korey

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
TAR3 certainly proved that as well what with pants falling down.  :clap2:

I wish they included that scene in this episode.   :lol:

Where's the TAR 3 love this season? First with no mention of Flo during the Basket Boats Detour, and no mention of Teri & Ian in Grindelwald

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
 :2hearts: Just in passing. Colin and Christie continue to add to their own record setting streak of consecutive finishes at or above fourth place.
-- theschnauzers

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Switzerland always provides us with beautiful scenery! <3

But this leg was pretty poor and the tasks were pretty mediocre!

Rachel =  :groan: :dick :furious:

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
The running and above all the self driving were the best parts.  The drama tended to be more fake drama: she did jump, there wasn't a u-turn, it was a non-elim.  Rachel and Elissa are definitely helping the show, giving some of the more memorable, if cringy to some, moments.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Team Ty is having fun
Nicole being bullied, i want to give piece of my mind but iam not allowed to
colin.....
the challenges are great, its a good eps 9.5/10
Swarm stupidity

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I didn't entirely understand what that argument was even about.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
I think colin might be broken, it was starting at silent rave
Swarm stupidity

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
I didn't entirely understand what that argument was even about.

me too, I also don't get what the argument was about.  I don't like the Reilly sisters, but this time I think they really did not do anything wrong, they just shared information they got from conversation with other teams. But then it seems Victor took it the wrong way by thinking Rachel tried to set them up on some animosity between teams, which I certainly didn't get at all. The argument was unnecessary and if this makes the Reilly sisters being targeted for u-turn in the future then it will be even more stupid since they clearly are not a strong team among the group remaining.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I think it was Becca & Floyd who had the confessional about wanting to make sure which teams would be racing with them in the end. I wasn't sure if they meant wanting to race against weak teams, strong teams or their friends.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Very, very accurate points, especially at the end there, serendipity.

But yeah, you kind of explained the argument as well. The Reillys agreed with Leo & Jamal and Becca & Floyd to target Colin & Christie and Nicole & Victor (instead of Chris & Bret, who the sisters preferred over their BB alliance members). But then they didn't actually wanna do that, so they told about the conversation to Nicole & Victor, only did an incredibly bad job at it. They told half of the story or explained it in a way that made Becca & Floyd the bad guys throwing Nicole & Victor's names out, but didn't mention Leo & Jamal. So I get why Victor thought they were getting set up to do the sisters' dirty work. And they even admitted (I think?) that this wouldn't be a bad outcome for them, but the bottom line is, they were against the idea of U-Turning Nicole & Victor, and would rather U-Turn Chris & Bret, or Becca & Floyd. So I don't think they did anything wrong, just handled the situation really poorly. But so did Nicole & Victor, only they didn't come out hurting themselves.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
The Reillys were really trying to protect Leo & Jamal too, but their convo re: "several teams" only made Vicole more suspicious. But then again, V/C had already told the other teams before they had that convo. Which is apparently vintage BB Nicole, according to comments I've read.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
Yes the casuals say that the Reillys were trying to manipulate poor little Victor/Nicole as if they can't think/act for themselves.  Of course some outcomes can actually be good for both teams, Team Fun WERE targeting Nicole/Victor and they don't have good relations with the Reillys.  As it is the storyline seems setup that the Reillys get u-turned even though they aren't that strong a team.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
The episode title really should've been "Your brand is watching."

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
she cross the line with that stupid "your brand is watching", its a cheap shot, lower than fairplay's dead grandma, shes a bully
Vic & Nicole explained this on their podcast, rachel tried to manipulate them and when didnt go her way she just bullied nicole
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:40:43 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
The episode title really should've been "Your brand is watching."
Or Why Do You Have to Throw Cheap Shots? :lol:

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What is it with Rachel and getting into drama with other teams in Switzerland? Seems like Rachel & Elissa were trying to have plausible deniability in the plan to U-Turn Nicole & Victor, but the way they backtracked pretty much backfired. For Nicole & Victor, I still don't get their anger at the Mat for being told that they might be U-Turned. In many ways this leg was reminiscent of the Swiss leg on TAR 24 in that this leg was essentially a prelude for U-Turn drama. This leg was also an interesting case in that I thought the teams were more entertaining this leg than in Uganda. At the same time, the tasks were worse than the Uganda tasks. The tasks were better than the TAR 24 tasks (not a high bar, I know), but the leg was pretty much decided after the 3K run. Happy to see self-driving return if only for half a leg, and I hope that it will continue on the next leg. Even if the leg wasn't great, one thing I will never fault TAR is the cinematography since Switzerland was stunning as usual. Ultimately, this leg consisted of fun tasks to do, but the tasks had very little variance.

Becca bribing the Reilly sisters with beer.  :funny:
Colin feeling the love of the universe and Rachel not having it.  :funny:
TAR providing a photo for the Boston PD.  :funny:
Christie's look at the camera after seeing her instructor.  :funny:
Colin acting like an action movie hero after leaving the helicopter.  :funny:
Colin mooning Tyler & Korey.  :funny:
Rachel & Elissa interrupting each other during the Pit Stop interview.
No mentions of swinging fat b******s or falling pants.  >:(

Canyon Swing: Looks awesome, but if the show is going to do a task like this, then there needs to be a few opportunities for teams in the back to catch up. In this case, there weren't. TAR 27 did this perfectly.
Water Power: Location was lovely and the task seemed difficult on paper, but the teams made it look easy.
Water Drop: Looked like fun and would love to do it, but there really was no way for teams to pass each other.

2/5

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
What is it with Rachel and getting into drama with other teams in Switzerland? Seems like Rachel & Elissa were trying to have plausible deniability in the plan to U-Turn Nicole & Victor, but the way they backtracked pretty much backfired. For Nicole & Victor, I still don't get their anger at the Mat for being told that they might be U-Turned. In many ways this leg was reminiscent of the Swiss leg on TAR 24 in that this leg was essentially a prelude for U-Turn drama.

Vic & Nicole explained this on their podcast, rachel tried to manipulate them and when didnt go her way she just bullied nicole, and they never in alliance with rachel
Swarm stupidity

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
What is it with Rachel and getting into drama with other teams in Switzerland? Seems like Rachel & Elissa were trying to have plausible deniability in the plan to U-Turn Nicole & Victor, but the way they backtracked pretty much backfired. For Nicole & Victor, I still don't get their anger at the Mat for being told that they might be U-Turned. In many ways this leg was reminiscent of the Swiss leg on TAR 24 in that this leg was essentially a prelude for U-Turn drama. This leg was also an interesting case in that I thought the teams were more entertaining this leg than in Uganda. At the same time, the tasks were worse than the Uganda tasks. The tasks were better than the TAR 24 tasks (not a high bar, I know), but the leg was pretty much decided after the 3K run. Happy to see self-driving return if only for half a leg, and I hope that it will continue on the next leg. Even if the leg wasn't great, one thing I will never fault TAR is the cinematography since Switzerland was stunning as usual. Ultimately, this leg consisted of fun tasks to do, but the tasks had very little variance.

Becca bribing the Reilly sisters with beer.  :funny:
Colin feeling the love of the universe and Rachel not having it.  :funny:
TAR providing a photo for the Boston PD.  :funny:
Christie's look at the camera after seeing her instructor.  :funny:
Colin acting like an action movie hero after leaving the helicopter.  :funny:
Colin mooning Tyler & Korey.  :funny:
Rachel & Elissa interrupting each other during the Pit Stop interview.
No mentions of swinging fat b******s or falling pants.  >:(

Canyon Swing: Looks awesome, but if the show is going to do a task like this, then there needs to be a few opportunities for teams in the back to catch up. In this case, there weren't. TAR 27 did this perfectly.
Water Power: Location was lovely and the task seemed difficult on paper, but the teams made it look easy.
Water Drop: Looked like fun and would love to do it, but there really was no way for teams to pass each other.

2/5

Why? Seriously TAR 27 leg 5 did as poorly as this leg with task arrangement as the Underwater detour and the walking with lion task were also first-come-first-serve

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
she cross the line with that stupid "your brand is watching", its a cheap shot, lower than fairplay's dead grandma, shes a bully
Vic & Nicole explained this on their podcast, rachel tried to manipulate them and when didnt go her way she just bullied nicole

Fairplay's dead grandma lie was quite funny in the context of the game.  I prefer an anti-hero to the Rupert hero image we had to put up with in Survivor.

And of course very funny this season was the Afghanimals passing Victor and Nicole when they were silly enough to believe them concerning directions (did that grab them a first place and prize?).  Rachel didn't win any prize for helping Victor and Nicole.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Fairplay's dead grandma lie was quite funny in the context of the game.  I prefer an anti-hero to the Rupert hero image we had to put up with in Survivor.

And of course very funny this season was the Afghanimals passing Victor and Nicole when they were silly enough to believe them concerning directions (did that grab them a first place and prize?).  Rachel didn't win any prize for helping Victor and Nicole.

Now that u mention it, it quite funny when mr dimple interview his grandma in finale
but swear on dead families or even alive ones considered low move for any castaways
rachel hurtful to nicole with that line, and dont forget now theres 2 teams furious at rachel when they at mat
Swarm stupidity

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
i also confused about that argument and drama :gnome
The roadblock was fun, i'd love to try it. I was shock that the racer who performed the roadblock didn't use helmet for safety because they looked close to the cliff wall. Water Power detour looked easy because Afghanimals & Vicole got it in their first try. So glad we finally have self driving even though it was only half of the leg. Switzerland always has the best landscape and scenery but i wish the tasks were more difficult.