Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 7 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 5/29/19 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 12482 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf: 

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!

And to protect the unspoiled, NO FUTURE SPOILERS EVER!

Anyone breaking these rules is at BIG risk.  :browsie: 

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be HERE and will normally be put up about 20-30 minutes before show time.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
No posting until 740PM please
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I'm ready for tonight's episode! It's going to be a trip down memory lane! :tup:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Waiting for another great leg!  :conf: :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
UPDATER NEEDED! PLEASE JUMP IN AND DO WHATEVER YOU CAN? RACHEL HAS HEADED OFF SO NO UPDATES UNLESS YOU ALL CHIME IN!

MANY THANKS!!

:talk
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm here for tonight, Peach! :funny: My flight's on the 31st!

Reposting and updated from the previous Wednesday night.

Between the long season 30 and 31 hiatus, I switched employers to where the grass is greener. Under my new assignments, I was offered the opportunity to do fieldwork for clients in carrying out their business strategies and construction of new franchise branches. One of these tasks require me to travel internationally to Athens, Greece two weeks from now where I am meeting with my clients for the entirety of June to develop and set a protocol for their corporation. It would be AWESOME if someone could be my substitute for the remainder of the season starting NEXT WEEK!
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
AND HERE WE GO!

Previously on TAR, eight teams flew from Dubai to the Pearl of Africa, Uganda! At the RB, teams served it up and at the DT, stacked it up. ANd in the return of the H2H, Tyler & Korey beat Colin & Christie for 1st! Meanwhile, both Big Brother ladies faced off and Janelle & Britney were eliminated. 7 teams left, who will be eliminated next?

Tyler & Korey are first to depart and MUST FLY TO ZURICH, SWITZERLAND. AFTER TOUCHING DOWN, TEAMS MUST MAKE THEIR WAY BY TRAIN TO GLETSCHERSCHLUCHT IN GRINDELWALD and pick up their next clue at the cow statue. (I've been there, oh my gosh!!!)

Colin & Christie are 2nd to depart and wearing spiffy sunglasses. Christie must lean in fearlessly.

Meanwhile, Nicole & Victor believe Swiss people speak Swedish.... :groan: and the Survivor boys and Team Fun pick up their plane tickets from a travel agency. Team Fun and Afghanimals meet up at a Uganda pizzeria called Mike's. Becca is staying zen and letting it go.

Rachel is now tied for the most amount of legs raced between Globetrotters and Cowboys. The Reillys are excited for Switzerland.  They immediately meet up with Becca & Floyd and Leo & Jamal. Becca buys Rachel a beer and declare the "heat" over.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel & Elissa are playing off the U-Turn opportunity and are a little worried. They plan on telling Nic & Vic who they want U-Turned.
All teams head off to Zurich!

-INTRO-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We come back to the teams running to the train station at Zurich Airport! Rachel & Elissa came to Nicole and told she and her boyfriend that Becca & Floyd told them they would be U-Turned. "I'm trying not to be paranoid by it... but this is crazy." - Nicole
(Is it just me, or does Nicole sound like a seven-year old?)

They get into an argument on the train. "You have to take everything by face value"- Elissa... Rachel believes Nicole & Victor are playing the snakes. The OG TAR teams (minus Colin & Christie) are talking about how disappointed they are of Rachel. Colin is talking about the love in the universe. :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Colin leading a group therapy session. ALL TEAMS RUNNING TO GLETCHERSCHLUCHT! Chris & Bret are channeling their inner Teri & Ian's my pants are falling moment. Tyler & Korey are taking this as a morning jog.

CLUE! ROADBLOCK!
One team member must complete a 400 ft bungee jump at a hair-raising 70 mph. They must then run to the cargo net playground and retrieve their next clue from below the netting.

Becca & Floyd get the clue in 2nd place followed by Leo & Jamal and Colin & Christie. Nicole & Victor are next. Teams excited for the jump!
Meanwhile, Rachel & Elissa and Chris & Bret trail behind.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler is preparing to take the dive! 3-2-1-jump... HE IS SENT FLYING ACROSS THE GORGE! A beautiful scenery of the crevice with the chilling river below takes up the whole TV screen. "That is terrifying!" He must now get his clue from the cargo net ground.

FLY BY HELICOPTER TO THE NEXT DESTINATION.... where?

Becca is living her dreams while Christie is jealous. Nicole is scared to even step off the platform.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler & Korey in a helicopter currently and taking in the magnificent Bernese Alps! SUM-MER ME-MO-RIES for me! Meanwhile, Leo takes the jump and the Afghanimals are freaking out. Nicole is ready to pee her pants.

FLY BY HELICOPTER TO GRIMSEL PASS! That's what it said! Thanks Floyd!

Christie completes a historic Roadblock feat since season 5's total amount and faced her fear!

Nicole is terrified! "If you do not jump, you need to go back in line." the instructor says.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We come back to Nicole regretting doing the Roadblock, and she does it! Congrats, she didn't even scream. She just knew she was dead on center.

DETOUR: Water Power or Water Down
In Water Power, teams must ride a funicular at a hydroelectric power plant and look for glacier systems on signage. After the ride, teams must arrange these systems with their respective water capacities on a technical map to receive their next clue.
In Water Down, teams must descend 150 ft into the glacier and grab a clue from the end of the glacier before jumping into the cold water and continuing downstream.

They choose Water Down and meet Sebastian who Tyler fancies. Elissa takes the jump and is excited! Chris & Bret finish up and are off! Nicole tells Rachel all about the jump, forgetting all of the previous drama. Good for her.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
All teams either en route to the Detour or at the Detour!

Tyler & Korey start their rappel. "Holy smokes" -Korey, "Look at that booty!"- Tyler. They must jump into the pool below. Meanwhile, Becca is hyper enough she JUMPS LIKE A LEMUR down the cliff. :funny:

Leo & Jamal want to do the funicular task and cross a suspension bridge on the way to the task location. They must match eight water basins to their capacities on their way to the technician. "Swiss people know how to live!"

Colin & Christie doing the rappeling! "You can just FEEL the energy coming out of the mountains!"- Colin

Meanwhile, Leo & Jamal get their trivia test CORRECT!

TEAMS MUST MAKE THEIR WAY TO MICHAELSKIRCHE MEIRINGEN, THE PIT STOP FOR THIS LEG OF THIS RACE! LAST TEAM TO CHECK IN MAY BE ELIMINATED!

Rachel & Elissa are heading off to the glacier task while Chris & Bret do the water down task.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler & Korey are true men of the wilderness. They are now rappelling and take a sudden drop, thinking this task takes a while. In the meantime, Leo & Jamal are waiting for the funicular to return, being a problem of their own.

Becca & Floyd nearly finish the Water Down task while Nicole & Victor are screaming the fright and joy for the funicular task! Colin & Christie must now start trekking.

Tyler & Korey finish the Detour in 2nd place.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Becca & Floyd and Christie & Colin catch up in 3rd and 4th, while Tyler & Korey are driving to the church, seeing the other two original TAR teams getting prepared to drive.

Nicole & Victor are confusing each other with these water basin capacities and names. Rachel & Elissa are trying to go fast with the active adventure task where Chris & Bret are trailing behind. Bret is terrified!

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We return to Chris & Bret rooting on each other to finish up the rappel. Meanwhile, Tyler & Korey comment on the U-Turn paranoia ending up to being nothing this leg.

Nicole & Victor running around the entire reservoir to meet the engineer. They finish up the mapping in 5th place.

Tyler & Korey are sprinting to the Pit Stop, and they arrive in 1ST PLACE! They win a rejuvenating spa day at the Pit Stop. Sweet!

The dating Big Brother team is a little frantic while Becca & Floyd are wondering how far the Reilly sisters are behind. Chris & Bret are trailing them and on their tail.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel & Elissa have to LITERALLY book it and it's time for a Charla & Mirna vs. David & Mary-style rural driving foot race for last place! Both don't know if they're going in the right direction. "As long as they're behind us, we're not in last place." -Brett

Elissa says they are LITERALLY screwed.
-COMMERCIALS-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We come back to all teams en route to the Michaelskirche! Chris & Brett ask where to go whie Rachel & Elissa are copying their every move - like FBI agents. They play dirty! Meanwhile, Nicole & Victor are waving like people who need gas to locals for directions. They get motorcycle girl up for this challenge. :clap2:

Colin & Christie are TEAM NUMBER 2, while Becca & Floyd are TEAM NUMBER 3! Followed by Afghanimals who claim 4TH PLACE!

Rachel and Elissa do NOT have time to go in a hotel. Chris & Brett are booking it also! They are TEAM NUMBER 5 while the boys are TEAM NUMBER 6! Rachel officially ties Jet & Cord and Flight Time & Big Easy's record. Never knew about this.

Nicole & Victor are last to arrive and get into an argument with the Reilly sisters as a fighting chance to stay in the race. Nicole is on the verge of tears after such a hard day. And this is a non-elimination Leg.... sometime in the next Leg, they must complete a Speed Bump. Boring. Nicole feels lucky they got through that. Rachel & Elissa don't really want to work with Nicole & Victor and assume a U-Turn next leg when there wasn't even one this leg. :funny:

-END CREDITS & STAY TUNED FOR SCENES FROM OUR NEXT EPISODE!-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
NEXT WEEK ON TAR (which I sadly won't be updating because I will be gone to Athens then)
Show content
Switzerland has the oldest democracy in the world, and it was fitting Phil and the producers decided to implement the U-TURN VOTE! "That was a million dollars guys" - says Rachel gleefully

So comments, questions, surprises, baffling reasons why the edit was what it was today?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
NEXT WEEK ON TAR (which I sadly won't be updating because I will be gone to Athens then)
Show content
Switzerland has the oldest democracy in the world, and it was fitting Phil and the producers decided to implement the U-TURN VOTE! "That was a million dollars guys" - says Rachel gleefully

So comments, questions, surprises, baffling reasons why the edit was what it was today?
Probably because this was a pretty horrible Leg on its own and...
Show content
They focused on all the U-Turn stuff to set up the U-Turn Vote next episode.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just realized that all the first place winners this season so far have all been original TAR teams. :spy:

Afghanimals - first two Legs
Team Fun - third and fifth Leg
My Ox Is Broken - fourth Leg
YouTubers - previous two Legs

And every other team from other shows have all gotten Last Place on the Pit Stop. We know which show's group is more superior at this point.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
The leg structure reminded me of Vietnam 1 earlier this season. The Roadblock and one side of the Detour were rather similar to each other, while the other side of the Detour was completely different. Why does production think this is a good idea? :groan:

The drama was great, but it wasn't enough to carry this horrible leg for me.

1. Tyler & Korey - Thought them flirting with Sebastian (and Colin lol) was funny. They're finally back to their dominant TAR 28 selves it seems.
2. Colin & Christie - I really don't have anything to say about them, lol. I honestly would've felt the same as Rachel when Colin gave that zen speech on the train. I just wanna see them struggle one leg. Not asking for a meltdown, just asking for them to stop making the Race look so easy!
3. Becca & Floyd - lowkey they and Leo & Jamal are the reason Rachel & Elissa and Nic & Vic are fighting now, lolol
4. Leo & Jamal - I actually wanted to see them win this leg, idk why. lol at Leo trying to lie to Nic & Vic at the Detour
5. Rachel & Elissa - I wish they raced better so teams would hate them even more (for drama). They're such good TV.
6. Chris & Bret - I need to rewatch the ending just for them because it must've been so awkward lmao
7. Nicole & Victor - yikes. I don't think I would've predicted them to come in last a few legs ago. But the trainwreck version of them is kind of entertaining--I wish we had more self driving legs to let this side of them come out.

4 > 2 >>>> 7 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
The leg structure reminded me of Vietnam 1 earlier this season. The Roadblock and one side of the Detour were rather similar to each other, while the other side of the Detour was completely different. Why does production think this is a good idea? :groan:

The drama was great, but it wasn't enough to carry this horrible leg for me.

1. Tyler & Korey - Thought them flirting with Sebastian (and Colin lol) was funny. They're finally back to their dominant TAR 28 selves it seems.
2. Colin & Christie - I really don't have anything to say about them, lol. I honestly would've felt the same as Rachel when Colin gave that zen speech on the train. I just wanna see them struggle one leg. Not asking for a meltdown, just asking for them to stop making the Race look so easy!
3. Becca & Floyd - lowkey they and Leo & Jamal are the reason Rachel & Elissa and Nic & Vic are fighting now, lolol
4. Leo & Jamal - I actually wanted to see them win this leg, idk why. lol at Leo trying to lie to Nic & Vic at the Detour
5. Rachel & Elissa - I wish they raced better so teams would hate them even more (for drama). They're such good TV.
6. Chris & Bret - I need to rewatch the ending just for them because it must've been so awkward lmao
7. Nicole & Victor - yikes. I don't think I would've predicted them to come in last a few legs ago. But the trainwreck version of them is kind of entertaining--I wish we had more self driving legs to let this side of them come out.

4 > 2 >>>> 7 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 1
Leg ranking or team ranking at the bottom  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
The Leg was basically decided on who ran to the Gletscherschlucht the fastest.