Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 5 & 6 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 5/22/19 8PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 13270 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
:conf: Happy TAR DAY!!! :conf: 

IMPORTANT! Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!

And to protect the unspoiled, NO FUTURE SPOILERS EVER!

Anyone breaking these rules is at BIG risk.  :browsie: 

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

We will have a LIVE streaming video posted every week we can find one. So if you are overseas or just on the West Coast and want to watch right away...please join us! You can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

LIVE STREAMING VIDEO links will be HERE and will normally be put up about 20-30 minutes before show time.

And you can entertain yourself with the weekly episode threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
No posting until 740PM please
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I'm here to help update for the 2-hour episode! :martini: I managed to get off work early today and would like to share some news in a few minutes regarding the future of my updating role.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I was going to place this announcement in the main discussion thread for "Been to...", but I would like to bring the awareness here first since it's going to affect live commentary in the coming weeks.

Between the long season 30 and 31 hiatus, I switched employers to where the grass is greener. Under my new assignments, I was offered the opportunity to do fieldwork for clients in carrying out their business strategies and construction of new franchise branches. One of these tasks require me to travel internationally to Athens, Greece two weeks from now where I am meeting with my clients for the entirety of June to develop and set a protocol for their corporation. It would be AWESOME if someone could be my substitute for the remainder of the season starting in the next couple of weeks.

I'm sorry I didn't get to explain this sooner, but it was better now than wait until next week catching everyone off-guard in a scramble. I really want the people who are fortunate and counting on attending the live updates to have a great experience.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Ready for a great double episode!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And we start the show!

Previously on TAR, nine teams raced around Ho Chi Minh City! Reillys squared off against the Survivor ladies! Colin cruised thru the RB while Janelle wiped out. At the DT, Nick & Vic handled themselves well while Corinne & Eliza were eliminated.

"Its either move or get hit"

Colin & Christie depart 1st! FLY TO DUBAI, UAE! "The biggest city in the United Arab Emirates where supercars and Arabs party!" Teams must locate a supercar at the airport? to find their next clue. Team My Ox Is Broken are feeling more controlled while Nic & Vic love being underestimated.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chris & Bret were on the verge of elimination and depart in 3rd this leg. They "get" the race now
Team Fun are enthusiastic and stunned they are leaving in 4th, harder than other previous legs.
Tyler & Korey remember their Bedouin kisses and camel racing last time in season 29 leaving in 5th.
Leo & Jamal leave in 6th and making weird noises. They started off kicking butt and slipped behind, hoping to regroup and get 1st place in this leg.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Janelle & Britney leave in 7th and Britney tells their taxi driver to go fast, fast, fast! They are followed by an excited Rachel & Elissa currently in last place. The sisters are jetset for Dubai. "This is MY show!" - Elissa

Everyone on the same Emirates flight to Dubai!

-INTRO-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Coming back from commercial, the airplane lands at Dubai Int'l Airport. Everyone in a mad dash through the terminals to the cabs. Directions to Al Faqa I believe. Tyler & Korey's taxi driver know them from YouTube and take a selfie while driving. Seems safe.

Everyone admiring the NIGHT LEG! Floyd is rapping and their taxi driver loves them.

Ferraris, McLarens, Bentleys, and Maseratis are lined up around a campfire. Colin & Christie and Reillys arrive first at the Bedouin camp and are offering tea to the racers before getting their clue.

TEAMS MUST MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE DUBAI FRAME AND MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE TOP FLOOR TO PICK UP THEIR NEXT CLUE.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler & Korey follow Reillys. Nicole & Victor, Becca & Floyd pick up Bedouin clues.

Leo & Jamal admire the scenery while everyone is driving nondescriptly.

The Dubai Frame is a literal frame designed with glitzy LED lights narrated by these teams.

Rachel & Elissa's taxi driver is lost and are stressed. Leo & Jamal arrive at the Frame first followed by Chris & Bret and My Ox Is Broken. Made to show the old Dubai on one side and the new Dubai on the opposite end. On the observation deck, the floors are made of glass pavers.

DETOUR: Fall or Find
In Fall, teams must parachute and zip line down the Burj Khalifa on the highest operable floor to receive their next clue.
In Find, teams must find five various colored eggs at Dubai Garden Glow to receive their next clue.

All teams except Rachel & Elissa are getting their Detour clues.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We come back to Rachel & Elissa's taxi leisurely roaming around the city hopeless in finding the Dubai Frame. Rachel rolls her eyes as their taxi driver has to ask someone on the car over for directions.

Nic & Vic get the frame clue. Becca & Floyd and Rachel & Elissa finally get to the frame and the latter is complaining about getting lost. Britney & Janelle's taxi - also hopeless.

Leo & Jamal arrive at the Burj Khalifa, the TALLEST BUILDING IN THE WORLD! Can we please make an appreciation post. I remember season 15 visiting when it was still unfinished.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chris & Bret, Ox Is Borken, and Nic & Vic are at the Garden Glow. Rachel & Elissa and Britney & Janelle are considering switching. The sisters are switching tasks and are stressed. "This could be a game changer for us!"

The teams in T-rex costumes all look the same :groan:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Janelle & Britney and Chris & Bret get their first eggs. Meanwhile, Rachel & Elissa use deduction of strategy to determine that the Burj Khalifa jump will be faster. The option, in actuality, is a virtual reality Grand Theft Auto-Call of Duty like mission. :groan:

After the mission, teams must answer a 10-question quiz about the mission correctly. :funny: :groan:

My Ox Is Broken, Afghanimals, and YouTubers are confused about the answers.

Nicole's T-rex head falls over as she and Vic are quickly gathering eggs. Chris & Bret get their 4th egg while Britney & Janelle are pooped.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
"I've had three babies in five years, so I'm not some Olympic runner by any means." - Britney
Bret is giving his best Oklahoma accent to root on his partner.

Rachel & Elissa are about to be so disappointed :funny:

Meanwhile, Tyler & Korey get their attempt wrong.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
At the glowing garden, Team Fun have 3 eggs while the blondes are looking for the nest. Team Fun get their 4th egg.
Chris & Bret finish the Detour!

TEAMS MUST TRAVEL TO SOHO GARDEN FOR THEIR NEXT CLUE!

Leo & Jamal bicker about how many antennas there were on the gadget while Colin & Christie and YouTubers finish. Rachel & Elissa are having fun with this option, but are still wrong with their quiz answers. Leo & Jamal still wrong.

Becca & Floyd find all five eggs as well as the blondes and are heading to the nest leaving the task in 4th and 5th.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Britney & Janelle prior tot getting their clue, put their last egg in the wrong nest and call themselves morons.

ROADBLOCK: Who can feel the beat? "Oh no" - Bret
One team member must find one of a few clubgoers in a silent rave who are dancing to the same music as the DJ to receive their next clue.

Bret stands there, momentarily grabs a conspicuous blond lady, and it's the wrong track.

Leo & Jamal still don't pass the virtual reality task while the sisters are getting their answers checked.

-COMMERCIALS-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We return with Afghanimals losing out. They get the signal interceptors question wrong for sure while Elissa & Rachel tell each other to pay attention, unsure what they are doing wrong as well.

Bret is picking cute guys. :funny: Nicole arrives 2nd at the RB. Christie and Floyd do the RB. And it's party time! Colin is... having fun! Unheard of!

Janelle is pushed by Britney to do the Roadblock while Tyler is doing it for the YouTubers.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leo & Jamal and the sisters FINALLY pass the quiz and are off to Soho Garden.

Floyd was a sound engineer so he can tell the rhythm and how to feel it. THEY GET IT!

MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE PIT STOP! TEAMS MUST ZIP LINE FROM THE DUBAI MARINA WATERFRONT TOWER TO MARINA VISTA TO MEET UP WITH PHIL! Last team to check in may be eliminated!

nicole & Victor and Tyler & Korey find the right guys while Bret makes a miracle leaving in 4th.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Christie gets the chune right and is off in 5th. Janelle makes an incredible feat as she finishes in 6th.

Afghanimals and Rachel & Elissa are still making their way to the silent disco.

Team Fun, Chris & Bret, Nic & Vic, and YouTubers are in a close taxi race for 1st! The order of arrival on the roof of the Marina Tower is the order at the Pit Stop....

"Let's go, let's go, let's go!"- Becca

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We come back to the front four teams' nerve-wracking race for that Travelocity first place prize. And... Becca & Floyd make it to the parking lot. Chris & Bret follow them to the elevators in the underground garage to the marked elevator!

Leo does the rave silent disco and IMMEDIATELY get the correct person. Rachel is doing the task and she also gets it right on the first try. And she is upset for being last. "I'd rather travel around the race with my husband." :duno:

Becca & Floyd are 1st TO DO THE ZIPLINE! TEAM FUN HAS SECURED FIRST PLACE!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They zip line to the deaths... jk... they float above the yachts, above Phil like Peter Pan, and jump onto the mat. They win $5,000 EACH... well, I guessed wrong. They are going to freestyle with Phil. Stop!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Chris & Bret aren't shown ziplining because it's embarrassing and check in in 2nd place.

Leo & Jamal are hoping the sisters are behind them while Rachel is giving a graduation speech over how The Amazing Race IS good and fun and how she appreciates being able to race twice prior.

Colin & Christie arrive 3rd on the mat and Phil definitely sees their character evolution as a couple. Tyler & Korey zip and are 4th to arrive on the mat.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Meanwhile, Nic & Vic arrive 5th with Victor's hair just flowing like a European futbol player's locks.

Rachel is still CRYING while Leo & Jamal are still hoping.

Janelle & Britney are TEAM NUMBER 6!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Afghanimals zip line and arrive at the mat in 7TH PLACE! So that means, over-the-top emotional Rachel and her sister Elissa are last. Rachel Reilly is disappointed, but will cherish the memories made with her sister. Their fate is sealed!

And Phil announces this is a non-elimination Leg. :furious:

"Sometimes you knock yourself down and you have to pick yourself back up. I came here to win." Elissa

And Charla & Mirna's Egyptian camel ride music is playing for the outro.

DON'T MISS ANOTHER EPISODE STARTING IN JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES!!!

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
Uganda?!  Prepare the memes!