Author Topic: 2019 CBS Upfronts: TAR Status  (Read 4869 times)

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: 2019 CBS Upfronts: TAR Status
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 08:24:27 AM »
Amazing Race held for Midseason.

We are not on the schedule but with one in the can and one potentially filming this fall, we remain a good possibility for a replacement spot.

https://tvline.com/2019/05/15/cbs-fall-lineup-2019-young-sheldon/

Held for Mid Season:
The Amazing Race, Big Brother, BROKE, Criminal Minds, FBI: MOST WANTED, MacGyver, Man With a Plan, TOMMY, Undercover Boss
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:25:47 AM »
No mention of TAR in CBS's upfront fall schedule. https://deadline.com/2019/05/cbs-fall-2019-20-schedule-new-shows-upfronts-pauley-perrette-mike-colter-chuck-lorre-simone-missick-1202615155/

Probably not the right thread for this, but until we get a "TAR 32 airing possibilities" thread, may as well speculate here.

After looking at their fall schedule, their midseason roster consists of 2 new dramas (Tommy, FBI Most Wanted), 2 returning dramas (McGuyver and the final season of Criminal Minds), 1 new comedy (Broke), 1 returning comedy (Man With a Plan), and TAR32. That's a lot of shows to squeeze into the schedule.

CBS has confirmed that Madam Secretary only has a short order for a final season and will be over in the fall, so there is one open slot for winter. I don't see any new reality attempts in their plans, like last year's ill-fated World's Best or Million Dollar Mile. So maybe they will have TAR32 air in January 2020 in Survivor's slot? It would seem cruel to make contestants wait from November 2018 all the way to summer 2020! But I know they don't really care about that.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:54:11 AM by TheRabbi »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 08:51:35 AM »
Well, we're not in the CBS Fall Schedule.
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/cbs-2019-20-lineup-shuffles-comedies-to-fill-big-bang-gap-1203215318/

Still held-up as back-up plan, despite 32 already being in the can.

MONDAY
8 p.m.: The Neighborhood
8:30 p.m.: Bob Heart Abishola (new)
9 p.m.: All Rise (new)
10 p.m.: Bull

TUESDAY
8 p.m.: NCIS
9 p.m.: FBI
10 p.m.: NCIS: New Orleans

WEDNESDAY
8 p.m.: Survivor
9 p.m.: Seal Team
10 p.m.: SWAT (new time period)

THURSDAY
8 p.m.: Young Sheldon (new time period)
8:30 p.m.: The Unicorn (new)
9 p.m.: Mom
9:30 p.m.: Carol’s Second Act (new)
10 p.m.: Evil (new)

FRIDAY
8 p.m.: Hawaii 5-0 (new time period)
9 p.m.: Magnum, P.I. (new time period)
10 p.m.: Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8 p.m.: Crimetime Saturday
10 p.m.: 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7 p.m.: 60 Minutes
8 p.m.: God Friended Me
9 p.m.: NCIS: Los Angeles
10 p.m.: Madam Secretary

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 08:55:10 AM »
TAR Midseason again
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=52673

This link is geoblocked as hell. Link for non-US readers, please.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
TAR Midseason again
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=52673

This link is geoblocked as hell. Link for non-US readers, please.

It's just the same info you can find in the trades or entertainment websites,  with the fall schedule line-up
The deadline link TheRabbi posted is great for being mroe detailed, but the tvline one I am including below, actually mentions TAR being held for mid-season.
https://deadline.com/2019/05/cbs-fall-2019-20-schedule-new-shows-upfronts-pauley-perrette-mike-colter-chuck-lorre-simone-missick-1202615155/
https://tvline.com/2019/05/15/cbs-fall-lineup-2019-young-sheldon/

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 09:07:50 AM »
Sad, but not shocked. TAR has become a steady "back-up" player, that they probably would rather keep it as such, not commit completely to a schedule, which allow them to announce a premiere date, but then start weeks earlier, like what we just saw with 31.

As the deadline article mentions "CBS want to do something a bit different this year, but not too different.". Their first priority, it's try to fill the huge hole that is losing The Big Bang Theory, there rest they didn't want to change too much.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 09:18:44 AM »
Sad, but not shocked. TAR has become a steady "back-up" player, that they probably would rather keep it as such, not commit completely to a schedule, which allow them to announce a premiere date, but then start weeks earlier, like what we just saw with 31.

As the deadline article mentions "CBS want to do something a bit different this year, but not too different.". Their first priority, it's try to fill the huge hole that is losing The Big Bang Theory, there rest they didn't want to change too much.

:groan:  Can CBS stop treating TAR like trash nowadays.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 09:30:23 AM »
Not as much. Let's give a wait for a mid-season premiere that will be in January 2020 at least.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 10:11:43 AM »
Agreed with the "sad but not shocked" sentiment. I think TAR would do as good or better than a number of these shows (how stuff like God Friended Me and Magnum PI got renewed with their numbers is frustrating), but the bottom line is that most of the procedural shows now exist just to get the aftermarket deals and drag them to syndication to get lucrative long-term windfalls. TAR doesn't fall into that camp. I think it's important to see how TAR does these next few weeks into the summer, as that data could be crucial to whether we see a TAR33. TAR32 obviously won't be airing by the time 33 may be scheduled to film.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »
One other show also not mentioned in the CBS release is Celebrity Big Brother. That may also impact winter scheduling.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »
I am going to flip out if we have to wait another year for TAR
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:45 AM »
One other show also not mentioned in the CBS release is Celebrity Big Brother. That may also impact winter scheduling.

CBS said this about midseason: Returning favorites include BIG BROTHER, CRIMINAL MINDS, MACGYVER, MAN WITH A PLAN, THE AMAZING RACE and UNDERCOVER BOSS.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 12:22:10 PM »
They also confirmed that Criminal Minds will air on Wednesdays in January/Feb in between the full runs of the regular Wednesday dramas Seal Team/SWAT, to avoid reruns. So that still leaves Survivor's slot available. Hopefully it doesn't go to Celebrity BB.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
CBS listed Big Brother for midseason in their press release, but TVLine is saying that was for the 2019 Summer Edition. A decision on CBB hasn't been made yet.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 01:16:26 AM »
Ergh, dumped from the fall slot as usual!  :groan:

I just want TAR!

*prays for other shows to get cancelled!*

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 01:23:36 AM »
Fall Schedule:

WEDNESDAYS – Wednesday’s winning schedule adds an established hit drama. SURVIVOR again starts off the night at 8:00 PM, where it’s the #1 broadcast in key demos in the hour. The third season of SEAL TEAM, starring David Boreanaz, returns at 9:00 PM, and provides a powerful pairing with the hit drama S.W.A.T., starring Shemar Moore, which moves to 10:00 PM on its new day to close out the night.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.