Author Topic: RACE TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH: Pre-Show News  (Read 310132 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RACE TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH: Pre-Show News
« on: May 14, 2019, 02:52:01 PM »
Nat Geo Orders ‘Race to the Center of the Earth’ From ‘Amazing Race’ Producers Elise Doganieri and Bertram Van Munster!
by Cynthia Littleton

National Geographic TV has ordered a globe-trotting competition series from “Amazing Race” producers Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

“Race to the Center of the Earth” will set four teams of “adventurers” on a quest to sprint around the world on a challenging course designated by producers in the hopes of beating the others to a buoy in the middle of the ocean on which is stashed a $1 million prize. There will be no eliminations but the first team to reach the buoy gets to split the purse.

“Our goal is to create a gripping, completely real experience that pushes the edges of adventure and embeds viewers in extreme action, breathtaking drama and stunning locations as we follow four highly skilled teams on the race of a lifetime,” said Geoff Daniels, executive VP of unscripted entertainment for National Geographic Networks. “Unlike other competition formats, ‘Race to the Center’ of the Earth will combine the grittiness of a survival show with the cinematic style of a feature film action-thriller dropping viewers into the middle of a heart-pounding journey unlike anything ever made for television.”

Read more HERE:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nat-geo-race-to-the-center-earth-amazing-race-1203213977/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 04:12:38 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: RACE TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 02:58:53 PM »
Yep! Let's continue the Discussion HERE.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 03:03:30 PM »
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nat-geo-race-to-the-center-earth-amazing-race-1203213977/

Nat Geo is picking up a new show by Bertram and Elise called "Race to the Center of the Earth". Per the article, Four teams of "adventurers" will be racing around the world on a "challenging course" on a quest to beat the others to a buoy in the middle of the ocean and win $1 million. There aren't eliminations, but the first team to reach the buoy splits the $1 mil. Apparently, it's supposed to be sort of like a mix of a survival show and "action-thriller" race show.

Thoughts?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »
More:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-team-brings-new-adventure-series-nat-geo-1210404

National Geographic has ordered an eight-episode series called Race to the Center of the Earth from Amazing Race creator Bertram van Munster and executive producer Elise Donagieri.

"Our goal is to create a gripping, completely real experience that pushes the edges of adventure and embeds viewers in extreme action, breathtaking drama and stunning locations as we follow four highly skilled teams on the race of a lifetime," said Geoff Daniels, executive vp unscripted entertainment, National Geographic Networks. "Unlike other competition formats, Race to the Center of the Earth will combine the grittiness of a survival show with the cinematic style of a feature film action-thriller dropping viewers into the middle of a heart-pounding journey unlike anything ever made for television."
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 03:31:16 PM »
National Geographic has ordered an eight-episode series called Race to the Center of the Earth from Amazing Race creator Bertram van Munster and executive producer Elise Donagieri. ...

Race to the Center of the Earth will follow four teams who begin from different points of the globe and have to follow a designated 5,000-mile route across varied terrains and harsh climates to a buoy in the middle of the ocean that holds a $1 million prize. There are no eliminations, a la The Amazing Race; the first team to arrive at the buoy wins the prize.
The series is scheduled to begin filming later this year for a 2020 premiere.

MORE:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazing-race-team-brings-new-adventure-series-nat-geo-1210404
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »
Thanks Peach, didn't know there was a section on the site for stuff like this.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 11:11:29 PM »
This sounds like 'Race Around The World' shown the BBC!

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 08:15:24 AM »
I'm in. With production scheduled for "later this year", of course I end up wondering about a possible TAR33. Peach had mentioned October a possibility, but this could be around that time as well.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 05:34:17 PM »
I'm glad Nat Geo picked this up. Very interested in how this will come together! I may not be that brave enough to take on this show, but I hope the best for the crew and teams that will be on.

Please let it be an amped version of "Bear Grylls meets Expedition Impossible".
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »
CASTING NOW!

RACE TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH  the new BVM and Elise project is looking for 4 teams of three!

https://racetothecenteroftheearth.castingcrane.com

Looks like Filming in October!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 01:11:34 PM »
It kind of has Eco-challenge vibes

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 02:29:58 PM »
Ive been trying to think of what show had teams of three racing...was that it??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2019, 02:43:02 PM »
Ive been trying to think of what show had teams of three racing...was that it??

Expedition Impossible
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
OH THAT's IT!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »
Filming in october? How this affect TAR33?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 07:11:19 PM »
Well I would say its likely WE won't filming then.  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
Having witnessed how active BVM and Elise are on the ground while filming, if this films on October, probably means 33 get at earlier filming slot or a later one.
A October shoot for RTTCOTE could  maybe mean a late November- mid December shoot for 33, like we had for 16, 18 and 20.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 11:54:28 PM »
National Geographic Begins Casting for "Race to the Center of the Earth"
The eight-part series will challenge these fearless, passionate adventurers and weekend warriors with navigating their designated route, and they'll face unpredictable terrains, harsh climates and unique cultures as they make their way to the finish.

[via press release from National Geographic Channel]

Grit. Endurance. Pushing Limits. Passion for Adventure. Adrenaline-Fueled Global Competition. Do You Have What It Takes to Win $1,000,000?

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC BEGINS CASTING FOR "RACE TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH"

GLOBAL ADVENTURE COMPETITION SERIES FROM MULTIPLE EMMY AWARD-WINNING BERTRAM VAN MUNSTER AND ELISE DOGANIERI, THE CREATIVE TEAM BEHIND "THE AMAZING RACE"

(WASHINGTON, D.C. - JUNE 18, 2019) Do you have the grit and endurance to take on a global adventure race and to navigate your way, day after day, for a chance to win $1,000,000? National Geographic is casting contestants for Race to the Center of the Earth, an extreme, nonelimination competition series that pits four teams of three contestants against one another in a nonstop adventure across the globe. Teams start from different corners of the earth and race to be the first to reach the remote location that holds the $1,000,000 prize. Only those looking to push their personal limits need apply, at https://racetothecenteroftheearth.castingcrane.com/.

"Not only are we looking for people who are diverse and exciting, but we're looking for those who really embody the legacy of National Geographic's yellow border - passionate and adventurous explorers who constantly push their personal boundaries to go further," said Bertram van Munster. "We hope that these teams, along with the beautiful global backdrop, will inspire others to step out of their own comfort zones and go on their own fantastic adventures."

The eight-part series, produced by NMC from a format by Plum Pictures, will challenge these fearless, passionate adventurers and weekend warriors with navigating their designated route, and they'll face unpredictable terrains, harsh climates and unique cultures as they make their way to the finish. Along the way, they will trek through untamed jungles, frozen tundra, arid deserts, bustling cities and imposing mountains and sail vast open seas to reach the place where all four routes intersect - a remote and challenging location where the prize awaits. The first team to arrive claims it all.

Additional terms and eligibility requirements will apply; see details on the application website. In order to complete the application in full, all applicants will need to submit a short video explaining the dynamics of their team.

Race to the Center of the Earth is National Geographic's first-ever global adventure competition series and is set to go into production later this year. For more information, visit www.natgeotv.com or our press site www.natgeotvpressroom.com, or follow us on Twitter using @NatGeoPR.

Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2019/06/18/national-geographic-begins-casting-for-race-to-the-center-of-the-earth-614410/20190618ngc01/#4vExhsOPMzxETPAr.99
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 10:04:39 PM »
Looks like Filming is Starting!

https://worldscreen.com/tvformats/bertram-van-munster-2019-09/     

!0/1/19:

Mansha Daswani  2 days ago   Interviews, Top Stories

Ahead of jetting off to a “very remote place” as he plots his new National Geographic series Race to the Center of the Earth, Bertram van Munster, co-creator of The Amazing Race, talks to TV Formats about the long-running franchise and its enduring appeal in the U.S. and across the globe.

TV FORMATS: How did Race to the Center of the Earth come about?
VAN MUNSTER: I was approached by Courteney Monroe [president of National Geographic Global Television Networks]. They had a concept from a company in England [Plum Pictures], and they liked it and asked if I would be willing to produce. We looked at it and said, Absolutely, it sounds like a fantastic idea, let’s do it. This is super exciting. It’s new and fresh.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:14:10 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2019, 10:20:46 AM »
I'm upset I can't watch this because I don't receive cable networks on my TV, but I'll definitely be trying to keep tabs on it through the Nat Geo Channel website.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 01:34:18 PM »
Lots of info here... READ THE FULL ARTICLE!

There is a Team CANADA!

As The Amazing Race co-creators and executive producers Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri are making Race To the Center of the Earth, NatGeo’s first global competition series, they’re incorporating the same type of efficiency and organization as they plan the complicated routes four teams will take in the nonstop sprint around the world.

Although the winning team will split a $1 million prize, van Munster and Doganieri insisted at TCA today that this Race is different because the participants are adventure junkies looking to push themselves to the limit on various continents. None of the adventurers is a professional athlete; all they share is their love of adventure and a desire to test their own limits. The show promises to combine a survival show with the cinematic look and feel of an action film.

A big challenge for the show is making sure all four teams have a balanced number of challenges. Doganieri said that because the teams come from four different places on the globe, they all have to deal with different types of inclement weather and physical challenges such as climbing or biking or swimming. The production team took months to do test runs to make sure it was fair for the teams.

The eight episode Race to the Center of the Earth premieres June 1 on Nat Geo

https://deadline.com/2020/01/nat-geos-race-to-the-center-of-the-earth-promises-survival-show-meets-action-film-tca-1202834629/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 07:06:56 PM »
Have there been any sightings for this show? There are only 4 teams, much smaller than TAR so maybe they can film incognito.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 08:28:09 PM »
Have there been any sightings for this show? There are only 4 teams, much smaller than TAR so maybe they can film incognito.

Also the four teams started at different points of the world, and not bunched up in one location.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2020, 08:32:24 PM »
This reminds me of a cross between Treasure Hunters, TAR and Expedition impossible.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2020, 05:40:40 PM »
Lots of fun info here in this TCA Interview with Bertram Van Miunster And Elise Dogineiri!

https://deadline.com/2020/01/nat-geos-race-to-the-center-of-the-earth-promises-survival-show-meets-action-film-tca-1202834629/

Coming in JUNE to NAT GEO!!
RFF's Golden Rule: