Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 4 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 5/8/19 9PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 22078 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
YouTubers and Blondes are off to the Pit Stop while Corinne & Eliza arrive at the Detour and are quickly doing the basket boats after seeing the Reilly sisters still doing the water wheel. Hurrying!

Chris & Bret arrive in 3rd place and think they killed it today. Team Fun arrives at the PS in 4th!
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rachel & Elissa are finally approved and the water is not having it with the sisters. :clap2:

Corinne & Eliza make a very unphotogenic SPLASH landing while trying to get fish. :funny:
Rachel says "What were we thinking?"

It's going to be a tight race for last place between the Survivor ladies and Reillys.

-COMMERCIALS-
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Gra1162

between my two fav teams......

cmon corinne & eliza  :cheer:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We return to a classic Detour task-off between Corinne & Eliza and Rachel & Elissa! Elissa tells Rachel to calm down while Corinne hates manual labor. Umm.. weren't y'all on Survivor? :funny:....

Tyler & Korey are TEAM NUMBER 5! while Afghanimals are somehow TEAM NUMBER 6 after choosing the wrong Detour option.

"This is worse than watching paint dry actually" - Elissa over the water wheel. They want a check and are approved. They receive their next clue. Meanwhile, Corinne & Eliza shortly finish after them and are running to the mat!

Janelle & Britney finish in TEAM NUMBER 7 with Britney admitting the title quote and saying Janelle was awesome today.

The Reilly sisters and Corinne & Eliza have amazing foot race music playing for once on their way to Phil. Rachel & Elissa arrive on the mat in TEAM NUMBER 8 and are still on the race.

"We are not #blessed apparently". Corinne & Eliza arrive on the mat and are the last team to arrive. I'm so sorry to tell y'all they have been eliminated from the race. They are passively aggressive with Rachel and Elissa... umm... are you kidding me. Eliza is having a meltdown meltdown at this point. They hate Rachel & Elissa and this is the most confusing and best sendoff ever!

-END CREDITS / STAY TUNED FOR SCENES FROM OUR NEXT EPISODE-

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
HAHAHA omg that drama at the end

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Next week on The Amazing Race! (Click 'show content' if you wanna know! Requested by nrh2110)

Show content
Teams soar over Dubai on a zipline! Janelle & Britney get prehistoric in a t-rex suit while Rachel & Elissa fear they will go extinct. "The Amazing Race IS good and fun."

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Why does Eliza hate Rachel & Elissa so much? :didimiss: The drama is entertaining but like... :groan: ya look bad.

That ending was iconic LOL I don't remember having such an awkward elimination since Jessica & John in Season 22.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
That Eliza & Corinne stuff with Rachel and Elissa was super annoying. Like, boohoo, they didn't let you take their taxi. Oh well.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
What's funny is I think they're alright with each other, post-Race. They follow each other on social media and even were all smiles in a pic together on the finale night party too  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Did they mention "In two weeks..." during the preview? I'm seeing tweets from people thinking there's an ep next week.

Gra1162

noooo corinne & eliza :( only if they finished the rb faster

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Did they mention "In two weeks..." during the preview? I'm seeing tweets from people thinking there's an ep next week.
They word-for-word said "next time". What happened to being specific for anything for TAR?

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Justin on Twitter said there was a head to head cut from the episode. That would certainly explain some of the sloppy editing with teams shuffling order at the end.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Justin on Twitter said there was a head to head cut from the episode. That would certainly explain some of the sloppy editing with teams shuffling order at the end.
I doubt can they cut a head-to-head? It takes place right at the pit-stop and the last two teams must have competed with each other to fight for the last standing chance

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
They word-for-word said "next time". What happened to being specific for anything for TAR?
Just saw the preview. Looks like it only had scenes from the next Leg and not from both Legs that'll air on May 22. So looks like it'll be two separate episodes as opposed to the seamless two-hour editing used on TAR30.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
I doubt can they cut a head-to-head? It takes place right at the pit-stop and the last two teams must have competed with each other to fight for the last standing chance

If it didn't affect the result, why not? There was already plenty of content to fill the hour, so maybe since Colin and Christie still came in first and Corrine and Eliza were still last, they just decided to splice it together without it.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

If it didn't affect the result, why not? There was already plenty of content to fill the hour, so maybe since Colin and Christie still came in first and Corrine and Eliza were still last, they just decided to splice it together without it.
Would this also explain why Corinne & Eliza broke during the Pit Stop? I really don't believe this minor taxi stealing incident among a rush of teams led them to a total sociopathic and cry-hating breakdown in front of the poor little girl and Phil. Even Amie from season 1 who called one of the teachers a "fat b!tch" weren't that unhinged.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
TEAMS
1. Colin & Christie - I should've known they were going to win the leg as soon as Christie mentioned that they haven't won a leg yet in the beginning of the episode, lol. I don't watch that much reality TV to pick those things up quickly. Good job Christie for figuring out their mistake at the Detour soon enough.
2. Nicole & Victor - I actually don't remember much from them this episode. They're due for a win!
3. Chris & Bret - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they now hold the record for best comeback from a NEL (with a Speed Bump), moving up 6 places from 9th to 3rd (surpassing the Cowboys, Caroline & Jennifer, and Michael & Kevin). I actually like them now that they have airtime. They seem to be enjoying the Race without getting too competitive or mean-spirited.
4. Becca & Floyd - I believe they were 1 or 2 hours ahead of Colin & Christie at the start of the leg? If not, they were definitely hours ahead of the later teams, and that's insane. As much as I hate the constant equalizers, why couldn't they put them in Season 27? (so Justin & Diana could stop having 1st places handed to them :groan: )
5. Tyler & Korey - I feel like they've been playing catch-up this entire Race, literally right from the Starting Line Task. They race well, but luck hasn't been on their side so far.
6. Leo & Jamal - They just kind of disappeared after it was evident the water wheel task was much slower. I'm kind of surprised they didn't pick the boat Detour, but maybe it wasn't stated in the clue that they had to fill the bucket.
7. Janelle & Britney - Kind of surprised it took them so long to get a taxi given how aggressive they seemed lmao. Janelle definitely carried the team this leg. "I took out a polar bear"
8. Rachel & Elissa - I'm impressed/surprised that Rachel let Elissa control the team at the Detour. They should've switched a looong time ago and going out because you didn't switch Detours would be such a rookie mistake for Rachel!
9. Corinne & Eliza - I already posted this comment, but why does Eliza (& Corinne) hate the Reilly sisters so much? This one-sided hate reminds me of Vanessa from Season 20 and now I'm wishing they lasted longer. Because as negative as they were, they were good TV. That awkward elimination though--I don't remember there being such an awkward elimination since Jessica & John in Season 22.

TASKS
Active Route Info - this very mini task with the polar bear certainly provided some comedic moments, I'm not mad about it.
Speed Bump - no comment. I think TAR should go back to 'Marked for Elimination' especially since they constantly throw in equalizers now. I don't MIND the Speed Bump, but I think it should be retired like the Express Pass was.
Roadblock - I don't have much to say about this, other than that it provided for some nice placement shuffling. Not a bad task.
Detour - Loved this Detour! I'm kind of amazed that TAR hasn't run out of creativity when it comes to naming Detours--I liked "Irritation or Irrigation" lol. I think Corinne & Eliza should've been given time credit for being the only team to do the Detour while standing--that definitely should've been a requirement to make the task messier and less straightforward.

My favorite episode so far. This should've been the standalone Vietnam visit since last leg felt very cheap IMO.

In terms of the legs so far: 4 > 2 >>>> 3 > 1

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
If you aren't following @EliseDoganieri on twitter you should be! She had added some behind the scenes pictures weekly. Fun to see!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Looking at the editing of the last part of the Leg, the clue after the Detour included the line "Run to Phil on the Mat" with no mention of the Pit Stop. And there was no stand-up from Phil introducing the Pit Stop either. Just a voice over.

Also it looked pretty obvious when they cut from Colin & Christie with their packs running to them without their backpacks, Christie's hair tied up and obviously having just competed in something.

Wonder what the Head to Head could've been.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:01:25 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
Ooh, cutting tasks from an episode is so old school TAR!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:35:28 AM by Malcooolm »
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looking at the editing of the last part of the Leg, the clue after the Detour included the line "Run to Phil on the Mat" with no mention of the Pit Stop. And there was no stand-up from Phil introducing the Pit Stop either. Just a voice over.

Also it looked pretty obvious when they cut from Colin & Christie with their packs running to them without their backpacks, Christie's hair tied up and obviously having just competed in something.

Wonder what the Head to Head could've been.
Maybe it was a switchback to that bamboo stick dance from that controversial Hanoi leg of season 22. :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
It must have been something physical seeing how the teams looked as they stepped on the Mat.

A better Switchback H2H would've been a basket boat Race  :lol:

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
I thought the start of this episode was weird with the snow area, that I found hilarious for some reason :funny: The Roadblock was basic, so I didn't enjoy it as much (although I do appreciate we see teams getting taxis). The detour was entertaining, but it was missing Flo with the Basket Boats. (I wish there was little nod to that). Also the Speed Bump needs to get replaced so badly, it's getting bland, and I want to see a new Non-Elimination Penalty soon.

Rating 3/5

Teams I Like:
Colin & Christie
Becca & Floyd
Corrine & Eliza :(  (Welp, time to watch their seasons of Survivor then).

Teams I'm Meh on:
Chris & Bret
Janelle & Britney
Rachel & Elissa
Nicole & Victor

Teams I Don't Like:
Tyler & Korey
Leo & Jamal

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Yes there was a HEAD TO HEAD CUT!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.