Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 3 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 5/1/19 9PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 13855 times)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Night legs tend to deliver for me. Legs in Vietnam also tend to deliver. This leg was no exception. Three episodes into the season, I've been enjoying this season, and this leg was just fun. Much of my love for this season is coming from the teams. There is no one I dislike, and I enjoy most of the teams. The teams are playing off each other well like with the peace offerings at the airport at the start of the leg. The team members are playing off each other well like the Reilly sisters quips at each other. All in all, this has been a fun season so far.

Janelle & Brittney crashing a wedding.  :funny:
Rachel is completely over Elissa's yoga mentions.  :funny:
Corinne getting pinched by the prawn.  :funny:
The Reilly sisters quibbles during the Detour.  :funny:
Colin dancing and singing karaoke is not something I knew I needed.  :funny:

Reel It In: Fishing isn't the most exciting task, but it is funny when the catch can fight back.
Light It Up: Felt like I was watching a segment from AGT, which makes sense considering the dance crew appeared on Asia's Got Talent. It was a tough task, and I liked the callback to the Bollywood task.
Karaoke: I enjoyed this task when it previously appeared on TAR Canada, and I thought that it was a fun task this time. Personally, I think that this task was harder than the one on TAR Canada.

5. Who wins Leg 3?
6. Who gets Philiminated?

5. Becca & Floyd for redemption in Vietnam.
6. Chris & Bret will finish last.

I swear that I had no foreknowledge of these placements.

4/5

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
Karaoke: I enjoyed this task when it previously appeared on TAR Canada, and I thought that it was a fun task this time. Personally, I think that this task was harder than the one on TAR Canada.

The TAR Canada version seemed ridiculously quick and easy bc it was only a detour rather than a roadblock and they only had to sing like 3 lines each (or at least that's what the edit showed). The only part that was harder was that while they got to practice with transliteration, the karaoke itself was still in Vietnamese characters.

In the US version, they got transliterated karaoke subtitles and the judging seemed VERRYYYYY lenient. I do agree though that it was overall probably harder since they had to learn and sing more lines individually.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:28:44 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
 That Karaoke Song was very popular one in Vietnam, at least to young people and it's not easy to sing. That's why it was chosen.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
That Karaoke Song was very popular one in Vietnam, at least to young people and it's not easy to sing. That's why it was chosen.

Yeah, the music video (basically a movie with how much they added to it) has over 74 million views, so I understand why it was chosen from that standpoint. I just think they could've added to the difficulty by giving them transliterated practice but Vietnamese words on the karaoke screen so they would have to memorize how the words are pronounced rather than being able to read the pronunciation off the screen.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member

Yeah, the music video (basically a movie with how much they added to it) has over 74 million views, so I understand why it was chosen from that standpoint. I just think they could've added to the difficulty by giving them transliterated practice but Vietnamese words on the karaoke screen so they would have to memorize how the words are pronounced rather than being able to read the pronunciation off the screen.

A more old style harder memorisation task makes for more drama, and I felt the same with the Laos alphabet task where they got images as a help.

A plus was the dance task did seem to be judged harder than the karaoke.  Though I prefer teams not being told what to improve to pass, I'd rather they work it out for themselves.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
A plus was the dance task did seem to be judged harder than the karaoke.  Though I prefer teams not being told what to improve to pass, I'd rather they work it out for themselves.
And some of the teams judged themselves harder than the dance judge did. I listen to Victor & Nicole's podcast every week, and this week, before the interview with Phil (which was pretty insightful and worth a listen, btw), they were talking about this week's leg, and Victor mentioned how most of the time, he was the one who stopped the routine, because he instinctively knew that they had messed up the choreography.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:27:13 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Colin is super lucky, that big nail could kill him

FYI, it can't kill you, as laws of physics don't work like what you imagined, but it can injure you. Like that common misconception that a coin dropped from the Empire State Building in New York City could kill you. It simply doesn't have enough force to kill you.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:26:47 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
FYI, it can't kill you, as laws of physics don't work like what you imagined, but it can injure you. Like that common misconception that a coin dropped from the Empire State Building in New York City could kill you. It simply doesn't have enough force to kill you.

dude they use nail gun
and its only few cm above his eye, that alone is super lucky his eyeball could be punctured

Yeah, but you wouldn't look above anyway.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:27:48 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:29:53 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:29:35 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
RFF's Golden Rule:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 03:30:38 PM by georgiapeach »
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
So, this leg is definitely only average at best. Hoping to see more in next legs.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:33:47 PM by Lemontail »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I do not want to see ONE more post from anyone here disparaging a member. If you see a rude or inappropriate post then PLEASE

USE REPORT TO MODERATOR.

If YOU are rude yourself you ALSO are at risk.

Fair warning.

RFF's Golden Rule:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
I do not want to see ONE more post from anyone here disparaging a member. If you see a rude or inappropriate post then PLEASE

USE REPORT TO MODERATOR.

If YOU are rude yourself you ALSO are at risk.

Fair warning.

RFF's Golden Rule:

My apologies...I'll keep my feisty side in check and sit on my hands when I'm tempted to post harsh comments