Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 2 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 4/24/19 9PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 20492 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
The ABC Detour would've been an awesome Road Block! More meltdown potential too lol
I was thinking this the other day! Kind of like the first Roadblock in S19 with memorizing the phrase--would've been cool to see 10 teams doing this Roadblock.

The Detour could've been Fish or Elephant but idk about the travel/logistics & if that would even make sense as a pair.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
So I finally got around to watching the Laos episode and I was thoroughly impressed with the tasks and variety in navigation this leg with tuk-tuks, on foot, longboats, and via elephant. Finally some naturally engaging material! I got my questions of Colin becoming this zen person answered - when Elissa basically described the opposite of what he was in season 5 - and couldn't be happier for him pushing away his calamities. I feel bad for the editors now hoping they would act as if they were still pitting themselves against Charla & Mirna.
:lol3:
Corinne & Eliza blocking the tuk-tuk from beating them to the alms ritual site, :lol:. As for the ritual itself, I felt it was unnecessary on broadcast, a filler, and likely could have been a cool CBS exclusive clip.

The DETOUR (Boston Person Saying Everything or Freaking Out about Fish):
Lovely execution of the pre-Detour U-Turn, and I'm glad Becca & Floyd killed it at both tasks. Corinne & Eliza won me over with their imagination for the alphabet, "Team Life Hacks"! I would have loved if the skewering task offered teams share a sample of the grilled duck or tilapia afterward. It just felt strange seeing a food preparation task without some sort of end product teams could just grab on the go - like the empanadas from the premiere of season 20 (but that was a Pit Stop so I'd assume those were baked for the teams during the rest period [note: ask Art & JJ or Rachel if they ever got the empanadas]). Otherwise, I'm bummed that I didn't get to experience this episode live on Wednesday.

The ROADBLOCK (Slowest foot race to complete a task):
This is one of my favorite moments so far and I genuinely felt like this was a task that more properly showcased the care and adventurous quality for elephants than that deliberately forced labor from that Sri Lankan Millennium Elephant Foundation in godforsaken 24. It was a paced task, but yet it still felt like teams were having fun and racing along the way so I'm glad I got to see that (that first place foot race between Afghanimals and Nicole & Victor was intense!). Reminded me of TAR12's donkey task in Ireland where it all depended how well your reception with the animals were. I was hoping they would add more intense music when Rupert was stuck with Meredith & Gretchen's bad elephant but... :duno: :lol3:.

The PIT STOP (Prince Pretsarath's Palace):
I wish more legs had an intermediate navigation obstacle before arriving at the Pit Stop! That's all I'm saying! But the editing during this segment was such a mess. It's like they wanted you to feel bipolar. Was I supposed to be calm as a breeze and have adrenaline rushing through my system at the same time? Felt so sad for Rupert & Laura biting the dust after such an interesting comeback in the premiere, and I hope Rupert didn't fret on the loss too much. They are one remarkable couple!

Next time on The Amazing Race preview: Afghanimals cracking before the other half of Brenchel? This is something I NEED to witness live. Also, what's up with the LED dance troupe getup? Vietnam's Got Talent judgment after Japanese-style variety show stunts?
 :funny:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:28:55 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
 Leo and Jamal are so anoying, they play Hard and when other teams do the same. They hold a grudge.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Leo and Jamal are so anoying, they play Hard and when other teams do the same. They hold a grudge.

They kept harping on Corinne & Eliza being "snakes", yet would probably do the exact same thing. In fact, they've done plenty worse in the past. Plus, they were all ready to U-Turn Tyler & Korey themselves, but cleverly encouraged Becca & Floyd to do so when they saw them running up behind them.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster

They kept harping on Corinne & Eliza being "snakes", yet would probably do the exact same thing. In fact, they've done plenty worse in the past. Plus, they were all ready to U-Turn Tyler & Korey themselves, but cleverly encouraged Becca & Floyd to do so when they saw them running up behind them.

i like them because they are competitive but i have to agree with you. They are back to season 23, very loud and annoying. In season 24 they were calm

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:28:39 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com

i like them because they are competitive but i have to agree with you. They are back to season 23, very loud and annoying. In season 24 they were calm
Definitely agree!

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
This is why the world hate wretchael, damn u silicon sister
why would any right-minded people u-turn team fun, team fun is real strong team, my butt
its so sad but, bye granpa rupert
Well, maybe she's attempting to stop the #Funstoppable.

Well Becca & Floyd certainly showed they were a strong team when they flew through the Detour and probably would've finished in a better place if Becca had more luck choosing an elephant.

Plus Leo & Jamal were ready to U-Turn Tyler & Korey as well until Becca & Floyd came running up and as they would, encouraged them to do it instead so they wouldn't get blood on their hands.

I mean the last time, they got eliminated because Floyd almost pass out, almost lost their passport and not dominating their season
the strongest teams this season are Afghanimal and Ty-Korey, Colin also so strong, these three are top 3 in leg 1, so team fun is real strong team, my butt
silicon sister u-turn them only because a little spat earlier in japan
wretchel got emotional and think with her implant, if she smart they should u-turn afghan or Ty, or for the shake of humanity, u-turn themself
I can explain everything to you step by step but I have a feeling you wouldn't care and I understand how it is to be bias so I will leave this here and be done with it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 07:16:19 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
I wish more legs had an intermediate navigation obstacle before arriving at the Pit Stop!

I've always wanted that on the race, if it's close it makes it genuinely exciting.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I wish more legs had an intermediate navigation obstacle before arriving at the Pit Stop!

I've always wanted that on the race, if it's close it makes it genuinely exciting.
The times when they've done them have been exciting and unforgettable. Is at least twice in a season too much to ask for?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
I can explain everything to you step by step but I have a feeling you wouldn't care and I understand how it is to be bias so I will leave this here and be done with it.

do u really think all those stats matters to wretchel? all that matters is team fun wouldnt help them earlier in japan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:28:15 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika

do u really think all those stats matters to wretchel? all that matters is team fun wouldnt help them earlier in japan

I think that's all because of the editing of the producers to create drama. I don't think the event earlier in Japan contributed big to why Rachel & Elissa u-turned team fun, I still think that's because they're a strong team. I don't see why you hate them so much. :idgit

Also, please stop using this wretchel thingy. It starts to get really annoying for me...
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby

I think that's all because of the editing of the producers to create drama. I don't think the event earlier in Japan contributed big to why Rachel & Elissa u-turned team fun, I still think that's because they're a strong team. I don't see why you hate them so much. :idgit

Also, please stop using this wretchel thingy. It starts to get really annoying for me...

Its portmanteau wreath+rachel, because shes a queen, can do no wrong and all that
afghanimals and Ty are stronger than team fun, super fans wont bite "team fun is strong" excuse, they got u-turn simply because little spat earlier in japan
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:31:18 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster

Its portmanteau wreath+rachel, because shes a queen, can do no wrong and all that
afghanimals and Ty are stronger than team fun, super fans wont bite "team fun is strong" excuse, they got u-turn simply because little spat earlier in japan

Well, they may also have U-Turned the season’s third strongest team.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:27:44 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Well, they may also have U-Turned the season’s third strongest team.

calm colin is the third strongest team, fave of yours eh?

I mean fourth strongest, I forgot that too. My favorites of all time are uh, Dustin & Kandice.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 10:27:26 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
I mean fourth strongest, I forgot that too. My favorites of all time are uh, Dustin & Kandice.

Vic & nicole is the fourth strongest
floyd is not a strong dude, even becca stronger than him

That's your opinion, then. Well, then who's the weakest team of the season according to you? I'm curious.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:39:21 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
\

For me too