Author Topic: TAR 31 EPISODE 2 LIVE UPDATES & COMMENTARY WED 4/24/19 9PM EST *read Post 1*  (Read 20624 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
We are back!

Tyler & Korey finish the Detour in Last Place!

Leo & Jamal arrive at the Elephant Village in First Place!

ROADBLOCK: Who likes to be in command?

Teams must convince an Elephant to cross the river (using only Lao commands) to find a man playing an insturment, who has their next clue!

Leo does the Road Block!

Nicole does the Road Block!

Gra1162

no corinne & eliza lost their first place lead  :groan:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry, Jamal does the Road Block!

Christie does the Road Block!

Elissa does the Road Block!

Janelle? does the Road Block!

Eliza does the Road Block!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Brittney's reaction for going to ride on an elephant is amusing  :funny:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jamal/Nicole gets the clue, but can't open it till they get back to their partner!

Jamal/Nicole come back to their partners at the same time!

ROUTE INFO: Make your way to your next Pit Stop! Prince P's Palace

Warning: The last team to check-in, may be eliminated!

Becca does the Road Block!

Rupert does the Road Block!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Tyler does the Road Block!

Rupert's Elephant has stopped moving!

Commercials!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
 :idgit Please let Tyler & Korey going home

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
We are back!

Corinne and Eliza is back with their clue!

Becca receives her clue!

So does Chris!

Leo & Jamal arrive at the Pit Stop first! They have each won US$2,500 each!

Nicole & Victor check into the Pit Stop second!

Gra1162

cmon eliza  :cheer:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
My stream is very behind now  :furious:

No more updating from me sadly! :(

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
FINAL PLACEMENTS

1st Place: Leo & Jamal
2nd Place: Nicole & Victor
3rd Place: Rachel & Elissa
4th Place: Colin & Christie
5th Place: Janelle & Britney
6th Place: Corinne & Eliza
7th Place: Tyler & Korey
8th Place: Chris & Bret
9th Place: Becca & Floyd
10th Place: Rupert & Laura (Eliminated)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Next week, teams fly to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
TEAMS
1. Leo & Jamal - I love their feud with the Survivor girls. And pushing Becca & Floyd to U-Turn Tyler & Korey was such a smart move. I don't like seeing them this dominant because it justifies their overconfidence (their cockiness in TAR 23 didn't work because they weren't that strong then), but it looks like that's going to change next week!
2. Nicole & Victor - Nice to see them prove their potential this leg! They seem like the "lovey dovey" couple of the season, wondering if that'll change anytime soon.
3. Rachel & Elissa - Kind of surprised they managed to place 3rd since they were midpack for most of the leg. I hate when whiny Rachel jumps out though :groan: because honestly that's when she performs her worst. I LOL'd at their indecisiveness to U-Turn. Even though using the U-Turn was unnecessary, I'm just glad it was used--I hate Double U-Turns when only one or none of them are used. It'll be interesting to see if any drama comes out of it in the future...
4. Colin & Christie - Also surprised they managed to sneak in 4th place. Pretty quiet leg from them aside from the zen confessional in the beginning.
5. Janelle & Britney - They've got to be the quietest team out of the two episodes so far. The only thing I remember from them this episode was that confessional when they were on the streets and one of them wanting a harness for the elephant :groan:
6. Corinne & Eliza - I've gotta hand it to them. They deserved at least a Top 3 finish because they raced hard this leg. I honestly found them similar to Kelly & Shevonne (S27) during the premiere episode but the difference here is that these girls can at least race decently.
7. Tyler & Korey - They haven't been annoying yet surprisingly but that's because they're not in the front as much. I assume they'll start doing well now that the U-Turn is out of the way.
8. Chris & Bret - I literally don't remember anything significant from them this episode.
9. Becca & Floyd - idk why but I don't really like them this season so far. They seem a TAD cutthroat and less fun, but I assume that's because they've got some bigger competition this season... and also they were U-Turned lmao (again!) It's kind of crazy how if a stronger team than Rupert & Laura was in the Race, they probably would've been eliminated this leg all because of Rachel.
10. Rupert & Laura - wait I actually adored them this episode lmao. Keep in mind I have never watched Survivor so idk if this is the general consensus. They're like the sweet older couple that I would've liked to see go far. I definitely think they could've gone a little further if they weren't up against TAR teams.

TASKS
Detour - pretty standard TAR tasks if you ask me. They weren't bad. Definitely changed up the order of the teams (shocker at Corinne & Eliza finishing the Detour 1st lolol)
Roadblock - really cool task but it's sad knowing what the elephants have to go through in reality :/ cuteness factor aside, this task was actually kinda boring. Didn't seem to switch up placements too much.

ADDITIONAL POINTS
- The editing was 1000000x better than last week. It really sucks how we just have to accept atrocious editing in premiere episodes because it wasn't always this bad! I loveddd how slow-paced the first 10 minutes were. Everyone was shown departing the Pit Stop and we got some airport scenes thrown in along with some inter-team drama (i.e Rachel & Elissa and Team Fun).
- While on the topic of editing, did anyone catch when Corinne & Eliza were like "Bret would be perfect for this task!" and then they cut to Chris & Bret lolol
- The first half of the episode was really fun with all the drama. Leo & Jamal vs. Corinne & Eliza and Rachel & Elissa vs. Becca & Floyd. They did a good job building up suspense leading up to the U-Turn. The second half of the episode definitely fell flat with the elephant task :/ and the lack of suspense!! A nice suspenseful ending would've topped what I thought was a pretty good episode.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
This episode was OK (nothing more, nothing less!).

I didn't like the monk task and found it pretty pointless!

However,  I did enjoy the Detour and the Road Block and the little U-Turn drama!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Hey everyone! Wasn't able to catch the live TV episode because I just arrived home from a critical job function that was conveniently :res: hosted after my normal hours. Super disappointed I couldn't get to see teams travel to Laos for the first time, but I'll definitely be streaming the episode after it gets posted on the CBS website tomorrow night and providing a more detailed account of what went down tonight.

So far from the live updates I have been overviewing, the Detour sounds pretty straightforward yet challenging? Corinne & Eliza seem to be the team I might be looking out for when I watch. And I'm shocked Colin & Christie have yet to stir up their own drama - sigh. I'll definitely see what happened between Team Fun and the sociopath half of Brenchel, and how this impacted the U-Turnings.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
Corinne and Eliza’s strategy for learning the alphabet was amazing! They are by far my faves at this point more for entertainment than for chances to win lol.

We need more one liners from Brit and Janelle though the bareback comment was great!

Thought Rachel and Elissa uturning was unnecessary. Why did Rachel feel like they HAD to?

Gra1162

corinne & Eliza were robbed from a top 3 finish :(

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
This episodes editing was way better than the premiere. I liked the start task with the monks. The Detour was great, I loved the challenge to both sides, unfortunately the Roadblock sucked. It could've been better, because all teams were bunched up. Again, I hate U-Turns before Detours. I did love the flashback to season 5 though.

Rating: 4/5, Editing improved, Detour rocked, Roadblock sucked, some teams were great.

Teams I Like:
Colin & Christie
Rupert & Laura :( (wish they made it further)
Corinne & Eliza
Becca & Floyd

Teams I'm meh on:
Bret & Chris
Rachel & Elissa
Leo & Jamal
Nicole & Victor
Janelle & Britney

Team I don't like:
Tyler & Korey

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
That episode was such an improvement from last week!! Really enjoyed it start to finish. Finally Laps and such a great city too!! Tasks were good (roadblock could’ve been better) editing was really good, and enjoyed the drama. Really sad to see Rupert & Laura go, Rupert melted my heart with what he was saying about the elephants, made me sad to see him go, but I really love Team Fun so it was gonna suck either way. I’d really like to start seeing more variety of flights, we had that problem last season and it’s looking that way this season too.

Also side note, I know it may be a lot to ask, but for the final update (the “next week we fly to ___”) is there any chance we could start putting those in spoiler tags? I like to be surprised about where they’re traveling to when I watch the episode and I was stupid and not careful when I scrolled through the updates and now I know where they’re going :(

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:48:46 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is why the world hate wretchael, damn u silicon sister
why would any right-minded people u-turn team fun, team fun is real strong team, my butt
its so sad but, bye granpa rupert

Well, they're still human.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Well Becca & Floyd certainly showed they were a strong team when they flew through the Detour and probably would've finished in a better place if Becca had more luck choosing an elephant.

Plus Leo & Jamal were ready to U-Turn Tyler & Korey as well until Becca & Floyd came running up and as they would, encouraged them to do it instead so they wouldn't get blood on their hands.

Gra1162

why would any right-minded people u-turn team fun, team fun is real strong team, my butt
rachel is queen and the world doesn't hate her they love her <3

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Well, maybe she's attempting to stop the #Funstoppable.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 04:50:45 AM by alecbaldwin »