Author Topic: TAR Canada 7: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS  (Read 131859 times)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 7: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2019, 04:00:57 PM »
So much for the short-lived Triple Express Pass.

So there are 3 EPs in play after all. Wonder if Aarthy & Thinesh might have tried hiding it, if Dave & Irina did't finish the leg right behind them.

And this new Double One Way board. It looks to be something that might be blind power. Might be the low contrast from my capture, but I don't think I see the dedicated spot for the "Courtesy Of".

Also, it's interesiting that it's the first time I am noticing that the Canada credits just say that Disney owns the format, instead of showing ABC Studios more generally like the US credits. Yes, basically the same thing, was just curious that US credits isn't as open about the parent company.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »
Does it force two teams to be stuck with one side of the Detour without being able to switch? :duno:

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2019, 08:41:05 AM »
Ok!
So I finally got the time to be up to date.

I love this season so far  :conf: :conf:

Team's editing are well ballanced, I feel like we got a good look at all 10 teams, we got to know them.
Tasks are ok, love the self navigating and race to the airport to get on the earlier flights.

As far a speculating: I was sure Edmonton was a NEL

So unless the sighting about 6 teams in Charlevoix, Quebec is wrong, I think we will get our first back to back NEL...Because we need only 1 more teams eliminated in the next 4 legs. That's unless there was just 5 teams in Charlevoix, then that would mean NEL are Yellowknife/Saskatoon/Charlevoix at 7/6/5

Or another option is a Keep on racing mixted with a NEL, ex:Regina is a NEL, and Waterloo is KOR
The Moms were spotted in Waterloo also, so we know for sure Sasks is NEL/KOR.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 08:58:18 AM by stunami »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2019, 08:47:21 AM »
The SK leg will not be in Regina, is in Saskatoon, the province's largest city.

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2019, 08:57:48 AM »
Oups, you are right! My bad  :groan:
I will edit my post

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2019, 11:15:10 AM »
I was expecting Edmonton to be a KOR, it seemed like the timing was close with NWT.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2019, 05:38:57 AM »
This is technically a Bitch, but I'd rather not spoil in the Bitch thread, even with the warning.

But I'm happy to see that it appears two of the final 3 are not quitters. So hopefully one of them wins. (Then again, they're still 6 more Legs for them to also quit tasks, so who knows.)

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2019, 09:11:26 AM »
This is technically a Bitch, but I'd rather not spoil in the Bitch thread, even with the warning.

But I'm happy to see that it appears two of the final 3 are not quitters. So hopefully one of them wins. (Then again, they're still 6 more Legs for them to also quit tasks, so who knows.)

I don't see teams quitting as something that is that bad. Sometimes it's smarter I guess. Like for the Sasks girls, it was smart to take a penalty because they were so far behind that when an opportunity to be equal to some teams offered, they took it.

Once the ball gets rolling on 2 teams that take a penalty, then it becomes tempting for other teams to do that too. But I think I would have stayed like J/A and A/T.

By the way, I just saw this train map in downtown Montreal, Is that the train they took for the Charlevoix leg?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2019, 01:24:38 AM »
Well we know Dave & Irina aren't in the final 3. That is gonna be such a satisfying elimination, yet I can't help but wonder what happens (they wouldn't seriously chance a penalty then)

At least this breaks an unfortunate 4th place pattern since they started the Face Off. Every year, it's predictably robbed the least athletic of the final 4 of a spot in the finale. You could just look at them and know which is getting eliminated.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:29:45 AM by Maanca »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2019, 01:37:48 AM »
Lauren & Joanne making it past both Aarthy & Thinesh and Dave & Irina surprises me much more. Perhaps Aarthy & Thinesh are U-Turn/One Way targets.

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2019, 07:58:57 AM »
Well we know Dave & Irina aren't in the final 3. That is gonna be such a satisfying elimination, yet I can't help but wonder what happens (they wouldn't seriously chance a penalty then)

At least this breaks an unfortunate 4th place pattern since they started the Face Off. Every year, it's predictably robbed the least athletic of the final 4 of a spot in the finale. You could just look at them and know which is getting eliminated.

I'm not surprised...Actually I'm surprised they will make the final 4. Dave is really pulling this team, but Irina doesn't do anything... So I'm sure this will be their downfall. Maybe they will lose a face off because Irina will suck at that task.
As for Lauren/Joanne, I think they are good racers but had a lot of bad luck with navigation, driving and taxi. The only task so far they really struggle was the moto task in leg 2. I see them as equal racers as James/Anthony. I feel like Sarah/Sam are the strongest team in the final 3, but in the end that doesn't mean anything.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2019, 09:36:52 PM »
It would be hilarious if Dave does two more RBs and Irina is forced to do one she won't be able to or won't want to complete  :lol:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2019, 07:37:07 AM »
At the end of ep4 after Meaghan & Marie have checked in we get a shot of Dave & Irina and a clock showing that they have 41 minutes left of their penalty. But in ep5 they start just 17 minutes after the girls.

I see at least two different explanations:
1. The shot we got showing that they had 41 minutes left was in error
2. Production compressed the time differences for the start.

Can anybody come up with a better explanation?

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2019, 09:31:24 AM »
So is next leg an EL or are we having our first back to back NEL? (well NEL/KOR)
The first reports of the QC leg was that we had 6 teams, so maybe next leg is KOR :O

That would be a first on TARC to have two legs in a row where no one is out

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »
So is next leg an EL or are we having our first back to back NEL? (well NEL/KOR)
The first reports of the QC leg was that we had 6 teams, so maybe next leg is KOR :O

That would be a first on TARC to have two legs in a row where no one is out

I'm a bit too lazy to check, but there's an Face Off next leg. Can't remember if we've had a leg with a Face-Off that is not an elimination leg.

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: August 07, 2019, 11:05:33 AM »
Season 6: First face-off was Final 6 NEL  and the second was Final 4 EL
Season 5: First was Final 6 EL and the second was Final 4 EL
Season 4: First was Final 5 NEL and second was Final 4 EL
Season 3: First was Final 8 KOR and second was Final 4 EL

So beside season 5, every first face-off was KOR or NEL

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2019, 11:23:32 PM »
After tonight's leg, I'm thinking this is what the end results will look like:

Show content
1st: Anthony/James
2nd: Sarah/Sam
3rd: Lauren/Joanne
4th: Dave/Irina
5th: Aarthy/Thinesh
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
So next week is Charlevoix, indeed. And apparently they went all the way by train, according to the preview.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2019, 10:56:11 AM »
So next week is Charlevoix, indeed. And apparently they went all the way by train, according to the preview.

Preview:
rails to Charlevoix region - Dave & Irina, Anthony & James
baseball? Aarthy & Thinesh
emus/ostriches?Lauren & Joanne?
speaking in French - maybe reenactment of historical event? Anthony, Sam - possible Road Block
Dave & Irina in car (Dave driving)
Sam races by Dave
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:13:59 AM by Linda BC2 »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2019, 07:18:36 AM »
No way of knowing how much truth there is to this, but on this week's RHAP recap of Leg 7, Jess mentioned she saw somewhere on Reddit that, yes, there was intended to be international. Unknown where, but supposedly the substitute legs were Revelstoke and Kitchener-Waterloo.

Revelstoke kinda had that vibe, yes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:21:47 AM by Maanca »

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2019, 11:26:48 AM »
Since there is no international legs this season, do you think next season there will be more international legs, since they saved money?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: August 20, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
The premiere was the first episode in 3 seasons to crack 2 million viewers (thank you, Jet & Dave). There's surely a possibility CTV could give them a little budget bump for that.

It's once they lost Air Canada after Season 3, that was the big one.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2019, 01:58:10 AM »
omg, So I remember Aarthy & Thinesh are likely the 5th place team. So I went into this week's episode fully expecting them to be eliminated. So I was very confused during this episode and was starting to get so sad thinking they were going to be eliminated because they didn't get directions to the Pit Stop. And after them running 1st most of the Leg. omg  :lol:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2019, 06:17:28 AM »
No mention of a second One-Way/U-Turn in the preview. With the second Face Off being moved up to F5, I wonder if one will take its place at F4.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2019, 02:38:17 PM »
I wonder if a U-Turn/One Way is what could do in Dave & Irina and not either of them failing at a task.