Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 9 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 52219 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 7 Episode 9 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: August 27, 2019, 11:10:48 AM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place. If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 7 Episode 9 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 08:24:53 PM »
So the Face Off is not just the table hockey, the axe-throwing is part of it, too.

Aarthy & Thinesh lose the Face Off.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:37:22 PM by Maanca »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:04:38 PM »
Results:
Show content
1. Dave & Irina - Trip to Venice, Italy
2. Sarah & Sam
3. Anthony & James
4. Lauren & Joanne
5. Aarthy & Thinesh - Eliminated :'(

Next time:
Show content
Wolfville and Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »
Sorry I couldnt update today.

Sorry to see Aarthy and THinesh go, they should have went straight to the cheese detour and I think that would have saved them

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 12:05:00 AM »
17 hours on the bus o_o

That gives ya a good idea how big Ontario is.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 12:07:24 AM »
Both Aarty and Irina mentioned how they were in Quebec “2 days ago”. Long time to go without a shower :0328:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 04:00:58 AM »
Has that always been the rule for a "Limited Stations Detour"? Once teams have "filled" all the "stations," no other team can wait for that "station" to open up? I seem to remember teams on TARC waiting for other teams to finish a Limited Stations Detour.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 04:46:10 AM »
Odd leg. Many bunch points, but it was a lot about teams not having had a rest point, this being a KOR. Even though there were long travel times during this leg.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 05:29:39 AM »
I also considered it very bunched, all on the same train, 5 minute lags, and then the head to head.

The limited stations interpretation did seem strange, it may have decided the leg.

Dave and Irina still bringing the entertainment, but apparently they still aren't making Canadians proud.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2019, 07:28:22 AM »
Just finished watching. Pretty good leg, been a few of these place. The ROM - it's changed a ton since - the Terry Fox monument and Kakabeka Falls.

Jon doing the Phil thing of commentating the Face Off when it was air hockey. Eh...I don't even like when Phil does it, seems a little forced.

Dave and Irina failing the drone Detour because Dave gave her the co-ordinate J in French, which sounds like "G" :lol:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2019, 02:16:12 PM »
During a week when other versions of TAR are visiting Nepal and North Korea, Thunder Bay sticks out like a sore thumb. The episode was decent though probably not the best showcase of Thunder Bay considering they spent a great portion of the leg in an arcade and a field. I did say last week that I enjoyed the multiple forms of transportation already shown, but I did enjoy the inclusion of an overnight bus ride for this leg. Considering the season didn't go abroad, racer fatigue was less likely if teams continued to travel on planes. Adding the numerous trains and bus really affected teams, as Lauren & Joanne for example were a bit snippy with each other for the first time. The Face Off has felt stale for the past couple years as it killed the momentum of the leg , and for me, the Face Off is at is worst when the team that loses wins the next round. This year, they've actually sought to change it up with some improvements though Jon's voiceover was a bit random. Much like with the Dempster's challenge, the addition of three choices increases the variables considering the team that loses doesn't automatically have an advantage in the next round. We also haven't seen a Detour after a Face Off since its inception, so that was a nice change of pace especially with the limited stations. That addition really made me feel tension for the first time in a while after a Face Off. It was sad that it resulted in the elimination of Aarthy & Thinesh, since they were the most fun team for me to watch this season.

Jon commenting on Aarthy & Thinesh's navigational skills.  :funny:
Look at this Mohawk guy watching this dude die.  :funny:
Dave eating the paper.  :funny:
Moose calls.  :funny:
Lauren shoots and scores on her own net.  :funny:

Has that always been the rule for a "Limited Stations Detour"? Once teams have "filled" all the "stations," no other team can wait for that "station" to open up? I seem to remember teams on TARC waiting for other teams to finish a Limited Stations Detour.

It varies. That did happen in season six but season five had the Fort MacMurray Detour that forced teams over to the shotgun side even when teams left the fire task.

ROM: If they are going to bunch teams up on one bus, it was better that teams had to earn their departure time rather than rely on who had the fastest taxi. The task itself was a nice showcase of the museum with a decent task.
Wacky's: Was slightly random that this task took place in an arcade, but I do prefer Face Offs that aren't the sole detriment of a team.
Cutting Edge: Was similar to the RoboHub task, but like that task it was one that required teamwork. Considering TAR is a team show, I would rather see tasks that force teamwork rather than one where one member could do the majority of the work. It also led to a fun moment of J & G.
Cutting Wedge: The task was made better considering it had a really picky judge, and it really did feel like anyones race between the last two teams.

3/5

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:23 AM »
Just finished watching the episode!

I found this episode quite boring? I found the Detour very underwhelming and the Face-Off was very snoozeful.

But hey, I enjoyed the little challenge at the Royal Ontario Museum and the visit to the Terry Fox Memorial was very appropriate!

Looking forward to Nova Scotia next week! (Hi Maanca!!!  :waves:) :cheer: :conf:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2019, 05:46:02 AM »
Looking forward to Nova Scotia next week! (Hi Maanca!!!  :waves:) :cheer: :conf:

Lol! Yes, the Annapolis Valley's about 2 hours away.

The only thing that was missing from the ROM task, I wish they'd put a stamp in the replica bat cave. That's one of the coolest parts of the place.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2019, 03:00:16 AM »
Wow.. i can't believe Aarthy and Thinesh are eliminated from the race :( 
Based on their edit i think they will win this season, but i was wrong