Author Topic: Survivor: Season 40 Pre-AIRING*Spoilers* Theme/Cast/Tribes  (Read 100332 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Survivor: Season 40 Pre-AIRING*Spoilers* Theme/Cast/Tribes
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:51:37 PM »
http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-season-40-theme-38201

Rumored per se, but pretty much confirmed at this point.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:28:55 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Season 40 theme
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:01:03 PM »
Survivor: Battle of the Champions!

<3

Gra1162

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 08:12:06 PM »
Omg yas can't wait to see Sandra play again <3

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:46 AM »
Earl wants to come back, but i bet not

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Season 40 theme *Spoilers*
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 12:31:47 PM »
Survivor: Sole Survivors - Winners Edition
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 03:16:23 PM »
The only problem i See with this is, that in Many Seasons. The Good players are voted out, before the final tribal.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 10:51:17 PM »
 :woohoo:

Cast is up. Rob and Amber are back. Lots of interesting pics!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Gra1162

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 11:37:57 PM »
omg yul is back I can't believe it  :2hearts:

omg queen parv is also back and also queen Kim and queen Natalie

but most important of all Sandra is back the queen stays queen adios

but why is Ben back ? all he did was find idol smh

Gra1162

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 11:40:45 PM »
and omg danni  :luvya: the underdog winner   :2hearts:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 11:52:37 PM »
Female cast is really strong. Lots of my favorites. Parvati, Danni, Natalie A, Kim

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 01:34:12 AM »
The all-winners (champions) edition will be known as one of the best seasons to be seen.

Throughout my life, those seasons I haven't watched are:

Redemption Island
South Pacific
One World
Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers
Ghost Island
David vs. Goliath

And yes, no winners from Nicaragua (Jud a.k.a. Fabio) and Caramoan (Cochran) have representing for this season that I haven't yet watched those described seasons as well.

I have completed 28 seasons of Survivor that I've watched and I have also watched half seasons of HvsV and Game Changers.

I haven't seen Sophie, Kim S, Ben D, Wendell and Nick W on my TV screens yet on my life.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 11:09:28 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 03:40:13 AM »

I'm only happy Ben is back, so he can lose. I'm also pleasantly surprised and glad to see Yul return though.

Disappointed to see no Richard despite him being rumored to be on. Disappointed in no Earl or Chris D. either. Cochran is also a big loss.

I hope Romber both get voted out early, to make up for the mistake of the majority of the cast back on All-Stars.

Glad to see no JT. He sucked bad in his second and third seasons, so he's lost all credibility and shouldn't have been even considered for this season imo.

A bit surprised to see Michele included. I thought Probst hated her.

Gra1162

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 06:22:26 AM »

I'm only happy Ben is back, so he can lose
Omg good point amen on that

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 06:39:37 AM »

I'm only happy Ben is back, so he can lose. I'm also pleasantly surprised and glad to see Yul return though.

Disappointed to see no Richard despite him being rumored to be on. Disappointed in no Earl or Chris D. either. Cochran is also a big loss.

I hope Romber both get voted out early, to make up for the mistake of the majority of the cast back on All-Stars.

Glad to see no JT. He sucked bad in his second and third seasons, so he's lost all credibility and shouldn't have been even considered for this season imo.

I'm OK with Hatch not being on the season. He is one that has lost his luster over the years, IMO. 

Earl and his wife had a baby earlier this year that was born prematurely. It was in the hospital for a long time and has only recently come home. I can understand why he would have declined.  Word is Chris D probably would not pass a physical. Cochran works for CBS.  Rumor is Todd may have not passed the physical... he was rumored to be on.

I am very surprised Amber chose to return. Knew Rob wouldn't pass it up.  They will be the first targets for sure. I can't wait to see how far they get.  As for Michele, I can see Probst putting her on just to show how much she really sucked.  I'm OK with her going out early.

The thing is there are a lot of relationships between some of these people that could actually be more dangerous than Rob and Amber since they could be more hidden.

Whoever wins will definitely have bragging rights!

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 10:31:00 AM »
 Gonna be Epic! Just sad that, there is only 6 Winners from Season 1-20. So they can't divide, the tribes into New School vs. Old School.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 03:59:30 AM »
Gonna be Epic! Just sad that, there is only 6 Winners from Season 1-20. So they can't divide, the tribes into New School vs. Old School.

As others have said though, that would split the tribes very unevenly, physically. You'd get a tribe where most of them are in their mid 30s at least, against younger, more athletic types.

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 06:38:08 AM »
unless sandra wins, she will be tied for wins!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 09:14:42 AM »
How does Sandra and Rob do back to back seasons without feeling the fatigue? :idgit

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 03:07:31 PM »
For an all winners cast, this is almost identical to what I would have wanted. This cast is phenomenal. There are people that I never would have expected to return and so many people I love that did return. My one hope is that CBS realizes how much gold they have here, and they should just let them play. Fans don't want an overabundance of idols, twists, swaps, and advantages (in other words: don't be Game Changers). My thoughts on the cast and their potential:

Show content
Amber: I never would have expected that Amber would ever return. I think she's also the biggest question mark due to the long stretch between appearances. I don't think she'll be an early target unless she is on the same tribe with Rob either at the beginning or due to a swap.

Danni: Whenever the topic of all-winners comes up, Danni is almost everyone's pick and rightly so. She's very unassuming, and she's from a season that not many remember. At the same time, she was able to break into a pretty tight alliance in order to save herself from a Pagonging, so she's a stealth threat.

Denise: Denise has the distinction of being the only winner to attend every tribal council. She was able to downplay herself after the swap when she was an obvious person to eliminate. She was also able to form a strong alliance in the chaos that was the Philippines merge, so she might be able to ride out the chaos of this season.

Kim: I agree with people that say that Kim played the best game of all time. The problem is that many people think that many people have that view. Her biggest benefit is that she can hide behind some of the larger personalities in this cast.

Michele: If Michele gets far, then she's a serious contender. She's surprisingly good at challenges and has an impeccable social game.

Natalie: I'll stick my neck out and say that Natalie is my winner pick. I think that she'll be underestimated and won't be seen as an early threat. She played recently enough but not too soon to suffer from recency bias. She's extremely loyal to the people that she works with yet is not impulsive and knew the right moment to strike in order to win the appeal of a jury.

Parvati: Parvati's game has grown the most of the 20 winners across all of her appearances and her threat level grows the more she advances in this game. She has also socially manipulated so many players. Her biggest obstacle is that she is a very visible threat.

Sandra: In her second win, Sandra was able to hide behind few people remembering how she won the first time. GC showed that she no longer has that, but I hope that she can learn from that season. Arguable her biggest mistake on GC was gunning for the threats, so if she can create a threats alliance, she might have a chance.

Sarah: In GC, Sarah banked heavily on her previous perception in order to play more duplicitous. This time, she doesn't have that cover.

Sophie: Sophie benefits from playing an under-the-radar game in her first outing. If she’s voted out early, it’s because people might not know what to expect from her. At the same time, she was a loyal ally and a calming force to prevent unnecessary moves.

Adam: The main flaw people point to in Adam’s game was his overplaying during the merge of MvGX. If he doesn’t fall into that trap, I think he could do well as I don’t see him as an initial target.

Ben: I don't have high hopes for Ben. It doesn't help that Rick was compared so much to Ben in the last few weeks of EoE, and players will be fearful of those that can easily find idols.

Ethan: I do like that there is a representative from one of the really early seasons. For an old school player, Ethan has kept up with modern Survivor. He showed an ability to adapt and played a better game in All Stars and was able to hold off his elimination for quite some time but was just on a tribe that lost almost every immunity challenge.

Jeremy: One thing Jeremy was able to do effectively in SC was surrounding himself with threats to deflect attention off of him. This is a strategy I think he could pull off again.

Nick: I'm afraid Nick will suffer from recency bias. He's from a well-regarded season and is remembered well, so he can't play the same game twice.

Rob: Rob is going to be a big target, but he also has been on the most seasons and has established relationships with a lot of these winners.

Tony: Tony's win was a once in a lifetime occurrence that I doubt can be repeated. His best chance at going far is learning from GC by tuning down his antics and working with threats.

Tyson: Tyson played a pretty dominant game in BvW, but I think he'll be able to downplay that. He's also built relationships with many of these people to his benefit.

Wendell: A lot of the discourse after GI was about how Dom was the better player and Wendell benefited from a tie and his relationship with Laurel. At the same time, Wendell is more than capable at forming necessary social bonds and should be able to work with some of these winners.

Yul: Yul is someone I always wanted to see how he would do a second time but always thought that he wouldn't return. So, I love that he's back. He does have the benefit of time in that people might not fully remember all of his moves. While people focus on him having an overpowered idol, he is arguably one of the biggest strategists the show has seen and was able to manipulate the right people at the right time.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 09:50:03 AM »

As others have said though, that would split the tribes very unevenly, physically. You'd get a tribe where most of them are in their mid 30s at least, against younger, more athletic types.
They could have challenges that are mental.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 01:04:18 PM »

Ever heard of Survivor Nicaragua and Survivor Millenials V Gen X? They've done it before where it has been a tribe of ENTIRELY older people vs a tribe of ENTIRELY younger people. They're not afraid to do it. Also, some of the older winners are still sneaky fit.

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 09:52:14 PM »
How does Sandra and Rob do back to back seasons without feeling the fatigue? :idgit

As I understand it they're not really participating in S39, they're just advising.

Though Rob being fatigued and sucking at everything would be a very welcome development, because I would like to see him gone as soon as possible.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 11:00:37 AM »

Why Jeff hated her? because he wanted Aubry to win?

I don't watch all seasons, i don't know many of these winners, especially before Heroes vs Villains, but  I'm super excited. Can't wait to watch
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:03:47 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor: Season 40 theme *Spoilers*
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2019, 04:01:07 PM »
NOT A BOOTLIST THREAD! :furious:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 05:49:19 PM by georgiapeach »