Author Topic: TAR 31 EP 2 "Knock the Newbie Out of Us" 4/24/19  (Read 15906 times)

Offline ilovetoread

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31 EP 2 "Knock the Newbie Out of Us" 4/24/19
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2019, 01:06:36 PM »
So from that last preview the Afganimals and Rupert and Laura are in a tuck tuck together. That's something that sucks about recent TAR. How are they on equal footing? I wish the teams in the lead had an advantage, not reset back to 0 each leg.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 01:28:47 PM »
Laos should be a great new country, I've heard they're still much more rooted in tradition than the other countries of the area.

Surprising it took TAR this long to get there.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 02:56:22 PM »
Based off the Sneak Peek, that would be the big tree on the edge of the Mekong. So likely the U-Turn is pre-Detour and it's a case of who can dash to the board first after the Alms ceremony to use it.

I'd bet one of the BB/Survivor teams gets there first and uses it on the Afghanimals. They're probably using the second one as a survival tactic.
If it's one of the non-TAR teams that uses it, my bet is that it's one of the 3 BB teams, because I don't remember any of the 3 Survivor teams as having the strategic chops to correctly U-turn anyone, and from what I remember of their BB seasons, Rachel, Janelle, and Nicole aren't above making questionable moves when needed

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
I was a little surprised at the elephant task. I know WRP considers itself a progressive sort of place, but there are better places--even in Luang Prabang--for "ethical" camps (no rides or bathing, no circus tricks, no Phajaan).

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »
Laos should be a great new country, I've heard they're still much more rooted in tradition than the other countries of the area.

The Vietnamese edition already made the inaugural visit four years ago.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
I was a little surprised at the elephant task. I know WRP considers itself a progressive sort of place, but there are better places--even in Luang Prabang--for "ethical" camps (no rides or bathing, no circus tricks, no Phajaan).

i'm sure we will see lots of moaning on Facebook (animal abuse, etc)

Gra1162

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2019, 12:59:59 AM »
Yay laos it's so beautiful there excited for this leg  :2hearts:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2019, 05:36:41 AM »

The Vietnamese edition already made the inaugural visit four years ago.

Yeah, I know. I didn't know how to find their episodes, though.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2019, 09:34:23 AM »
U-Turn on the 2nd Leg!! Sweet.  :cheer:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2019, 11:06:14 AM »

i'm sure we will see lots of moaning on Facebook (animal abuse, etc)

I was in Luang Prabang two days after they left. (Ugh, I would have really wanted to get a pic of Phil, the teams and the clueboxes.)

I did try the same elephant camp tour that the teams did. You can refer to their website below to make your own judgement of the place.

http://www.elephantvillage-laos.com/faqs/

Elephant Village is pleased to announce that as of 1st September, 2016 we have completely removed the Howdah from all of our Elephant Village Tours!

We are proud to be the only elephant camp in Luang Prabang to be phasing out the elephant seat (howdah).  We hope you enjoy spending time with our elephants in this new, exciting way!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2019, 04:00:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing that Genius!! Wow...did you hear that they had been there when you were there??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 09:16:29 AM »
So from that last preview the Afganimals and Rupert and Laura are in a tuck tuck together. That's something that sucks about recent TAR. How are they on equal footing? I wish the teams in the lead had an advantage, not reset back to 0 each leg.
if u have a team there wins every leg, of the Season. I think that it Will get borring.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 11:04:16 PM »
Thanks for sharing that Genius!! Wow...did you hear that they had been there when you were there??

Hey Peach, after reading the spoilers last year, I walked over to that shop to book a tour with them. I casually asked if they had some American show filming the day before and they said yes. I then went on the elephant ride the day after. I was honestly quite worried to sit on an elephant without a howdah, but I survived. I did get to enjoy the "TAR experience" but I think it's the last time that I will sit on an elephant.

I am still somewhat gutted that I was in Luang Prabang earlier. (I clearly did not share neobie's luck of meeting Margie and Luke.) :furious:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2019, 01:52:38 AM »
That's still pretty AMAZING!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2019, 09:20:22 AM »

Offline Sinjoh

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2019, 09:21:08 AM »
If it's not from them taking the same flight, judging from one of the previews it seems teams have to wait until a Buddhist temple opens (indicating teams get in late in Laos) to get their next clue.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 10:48:56 AM »
If it's not from them taking the same flight, judging from one of the previews it seems teams have to wait until a Buddhist temple opens (indicating teams get in late in Laos) to get their next clue.

Likely both hours of operation hold up and same flight if you combine both the sneak peeks with Rupert/Laura meeting everybody at the airport and the teams sitting outside the temple.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2019, 03:56:24 PM »
PRESS PICS ADDED in posts 6 and 7!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2019, 04:24:08 PM »
I think the teams are lined up for the ceremony base on their arrival order BECAUSE
We know C/E tried to block the afghanimal and R/L in the street, but I guess this fails because in the pictures they are all sitting next to each other, with R/P first, and E/C last (of those 3 teams). If the first few teams finishes the ceremony before the last one, maybe they would use the UTURN

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2019, 04:37:03 PM »
I think the teams are lined up for the ceremony base on their arrival order BECAUSE
We know C/E tried to block the afghanimal and R/L in the street, but I guess this fails because in the pictures they are all sitting next to each other, with R/P first, and E/C last (of those 3 teams). If the first few teams finishes the ceremony before the last one, maybe they would use the UTURN

https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCBS/status/1120418994308046849

I think your idea is right but the order is reversed. Corinne & Eliza arrived at the temple before Afghanimals & Bonehams. The monks walk from right to left per the photo below.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »
Here is a clip of Tyler & Korey at the Lao Alphabet task:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwkCBMnBud3/?hl=en
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »
Also a short clip of Janelle & Britney presumably finding their way to the Detour:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwpNkwQlgio/

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2019, 11:41:15 AM »
Press photos and short preview clips for this episode reveal that Tyler & Korey were at both Detour options... that would suggest...

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 11:13:31 PM »
It start to sinking now, granpa Rup is eliminated and we cant see him again until finish line
bring him back please
Swarm stupidity

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2019, 09:16:32 AM »
It start to sinking now, granpa Rup is eliminated and we cant see him again until finish line
bring him back please
There you go, you're welcome.