Author Topic: TAR31: Colin Guinn & Christie Woods (Life Partners/Amazing Race)  (Read 65118 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR31: Colin Guinn & Christie Woods (Life Partners/Amazing Race)
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2019, 12:10:40 PM »
Christie and Colin, honestly, lucked out during Leg 11. Christie's slowness at the roadblock could have cost them dearly. Their strategy at the rowing was quite smart, but it was only workable because Colin is so fit. It would not have worked for the other teams.

I was also slightly bothered that Colin referred to his partner as "Christie Lee Woods" twice. She didn't reply to say "Colin Guinn".  :lol:

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2019, 02:40:50 PM »
Congrats to Colin and Christie! :conf:

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
Nicole and Victor have a podcast called Coco Caliente.  Their guests this week are Colin and Christie.  A lot of the podcast is about their history... actually talk about their background before they ever met and how they met and got together.  They also asked how they got into the professions they are in now... tech entrepreneur for Colin (cool info if you are a geek) and life coach for Christie.  They also went through a rough time and they talk about what brought them back and to their "zen" state.  Very, very interesting.

They did go into a few things about the race and talked about the coding roadblock.  Of course, editing left a lot out according to Victor.  Also, Victor and Nicole had tried the rowing for a couple of hours before switching.  Nicole is thinking that if they had switched sooner, they would have been in the F3 because they got the memorization detour done in just 4 tries.  Colin figured out a sequence to the rowing that enabled them to complete it without Christie's help.

Christie was actually the one to lose her cool in the final leg... with the cab driver. Colin is the one that calmed her down!  They also talk about how they finally figured out the problem with the drum task.  I chuckled when listening to them about this.

I highly encourage any one that wants to know more about the evolution of Colin and Christie both on and off TAR to listen to the Coco Caliente podcast.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2019, 03:46:23 AM »
I'm glad that Eric Sanchez is no longer the only contestant to finish 2nd and win on two different seasons.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2019, 10:46:02 AM »
I'm glad that Eric Sanchez is no longer the only contestant to finish 2nd and win on two different seasons.

I supported him too!  :lol:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2019, 11:12:24 AM »

http://cococaliente.libsyn.com/ep22-amazing-race-31-w-colin-christie-live-podcast

Colin and Christie appeared on Nicole and Victor's podcast.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2019, 12:40:04 PM »
The funny thing is that, if Dennis and Erika had not  basically given the cab to Colin and Christie on TAR5 Leg 1, C and C may not have made it past that leg, and we would not have been blessed with all this drama in TAR5 and TAR31.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2019, 09:44:09 AM »
I don't know if it has been posted before but here it goes, Christie being crowned Miss Teen USA 1996!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9wjFxlZnp-k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9wjFxlZnp-k</a>

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2019, 09:48:54 AM »
A recent interview done in the US, Colin, our recent winner was interviewed on personal aircraft in the near future. This news segment is extracted from my country (Singapore) on 15 July 2019.

https://www.8world.com/news/world/article/us-personal-aircraft-869156
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2020, 11:12:43 AM »
8 months since the best team ever won TAR31.  :cheer:

During that period, I managed to watch another 8 international seasons of TAR.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2020, 12:19:23 AM »
They had an amazing journey this time around. I think it was a flawless performance, never leaving the Top 4.
Colin's calm was the strenght of the team this time.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard