Author Topic: TAR31: Colin Guinn & Christie Woods (Life Partners/Amazing Race)  (Read 65108 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook

Photos: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2018 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Colin Guinn and Christie Woods (Life Partners)

Previous season: The Amazing Race 5

Colin Guinn
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Current occupation: Tech Entrepreneur

Three words to describe you:
Loving, energetic, and capable.

What excites you most about traveling?
Getting to experience other cultures and people around the world and witnessing their way of life firsthand... seeing how different their culture can be, while at the same time recognizing how similar we all are at the core.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Racers, without a doubt. The Amazing Race is very different than the other shows in that the competitors are out in the real world having to navigate countries with different cultures and language, dealing with uncontrollable flight delays, lack of sleep, jet lag, etc. I think the people who have experienced that before and proved to be successful in that environment, will be our biggest competition.

Christie Woods
Current occupation: Integrated Sex, Love, and Relationship Coach

Three words to describe you:
Adventurous, curious, and fun.

[What excites you most about traveling?
Seeing the world, and experiencing new people and different cultures.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Racers for sure!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:00:02 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Re: TAR31: Colin Guinn & Christie Woods (Life Partners/Amazing Race)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 04:18:34 PM »
saved for video
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:00:24 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR31: Colin Guinn Christie Woods (Life Partners/Amazing Race)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:58:09 PM »
They didn't get married ?  :idgit

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:34:01 PM »
My favorite team!!

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 06:27:31 PM »
They didn't get married ?  :idgit
I guess they don’t believe in marriage
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 06:31:10 PM »
Hoping that Colin behaves himself a bit better around this time, which I think he will!

Offline Sinjoh

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 07:34:45 PM »
Biography

Colin Guinn
Instagram: @colinguinn

Describe what you do:
We help companies develop/bring new technologies and innovations to market… primarily in drones, autonomous robotics, and emerging technologies.

Three words to describe you: Loving, energetic, and capable.

Favorite hobbies: Surfing, standup paddling, mountain biking, hiking, auto racing, dancing, sailing, camping, yoga, snowboarding, building, and flying drones.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Co-creating a beautiful life with Christie, our two beautiful boys, Achilles and Cruz, a successful career doing what I love with people that I love, and a daily practice that allows me to maintain high vibrations.

What scares you most about traveling?
Sitting in the middle seat in coach.

Getting to experience other cultures and people around the world and witnessing their way of life first hand… seeing how different their culture can be, while at the same time recognizing how similar we all are at the core. 

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Antarctica, because of the wildlife.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race with your partner (other than winning one million bucks)?
Watching myself run The Amazing Race 15 years ago gave me the opportunity to look in on myself from the outside and see just how unconscious and full of ego my behavior was. Since then, I have done many years of work to broaden my perspective and come from a more loving and collaborative mindset. I hope to enter this engineered reality that is designed to bring on extreme stress and reduce resilience and apply the principles and practices that have transformed my daily life to see if they can help me have a much more harmonious experience while still being every bit as competitive as we were the first time around. 

Racers, without a doubt. The Amazing Race is very different than the other shows in that the competitors are out in the real world having to navigate countries with different cultures and language, dealing with uncontrollable flight delays, lack of sleep, jet lag, etc. I think the people who have experienced that before, and proved to be successful in that environment, will be our biggest competition.

Christie Woods
Instagram: @christiewoods1

Describe what you do:
I use my intuitive abilities and energetic healing tools to help clients process past trauma stuck in the body often keeping them in a constant loop of mediocre relationships and life experiences. I combine traditional “top down” talk therapy with a more somatic “bottom up” approach utilizing various types of breath-work, sound healing, meditation, and Reiki in order to encourage my clients to go deep within the self to uncover and/or simply release thought patterns no longer serving their best and highest good. I invite them to reclaim their sovereignty by reconnecting with their own internal emotional guidance system; thus, becoming a more expressed human, free of cultural and familial programming, inspired to live their own authentic truth.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, curious, and fun.

Favorite hobbies: Hiking, yoga, travel, reading, camping, wake-surfing, snowboarding, paddle boarding, slack-lining, dancing, and playing hide-and-go-seek with my kids.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Raising my boys and up-leveling my relationship with Colin.

Losing my passport.

Seeing the world, and experiencing new people and different cultures.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Africa—the motherland! I enjoyed our visit on Season 5 very much, and would LOVE to go back!

[/b]What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race with your partner (other than winning one million bucks)?
Even more intimacy, connection, fun, and… expansion!!

Racers for sure!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:00:58 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 05:58:34 AM »
After 15 years, Team My Ox Is Broken is back! :hearts:

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:44:55 AM »
I started following both of them on IG when I heard they filmed the show again.  I am very impressed with them and what they have done with their lives. Changed my opinion of Colin entirely!

Yesterday I binge watched their season.  They both actually seem so young and immature in that season!  They were strong and smart up until the end. Chip was right on that yield would throw Colin off his game. Shows the maturity between the 2 men. The meltdown was actually interesting watching it.  Christy should have been helping Colin so guess what... IMO, she was the cause of the meltdown.  If I was Colin, I would have had a meltdown too!

I am really looking forward to seeing how they handle it being 15 years older and much more mature.  I am thinking that they won't make the same mistakes such as checking luggage to end city. In seeing what Colin does for a living and the decisions he has to make, he will not make snap decisions but weigh things carefully but still make them as quickly as possible.  They also are very active so the physicality of the tasks will probably not be a problem for them.

This is the team I am looking forward to watching again!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 07:48:20 AM »
Yeah, I just started following their IGs, too. Yesterday Colin posted about My Ox Is Broken, and I liked reading how embarrassed he is now looking back on himself at that. And the almost being arrested in Tanzania.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 12:53:55 PM »
Very intrigued to see this "new Colin" this season. Also, out of all the TAR returnee teams, they probably had the biggest odds to overcome since it's been so long since they played and the game has changed a lot since then.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »
 I am looking forward to seeing Chirsty performing more tasks than in season 5  :cheer:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
I have been keeping track of them on line for years. Simply because Colin’s entrepreneurship is at the Blake level, so he’s always interesting.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 01:32:35 PM »
I am looking forward to seeing Chirsty performing more tasks than in season 5  :cheer:

Definitely on-point. Christy gets to do more than 1 Roadblock!!

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2019, 05:02:31 PM »

Definitely on-point. Christy gets to do more than 1 Roadblock!!
That will be interesting to watch

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2019, 11:29:03 AM »
Biography

Colin Guinn
Instagram: @colinguinn

Sitting in the middle seat in coach.

Christie Woods
Instagram: @christiewoods1

Describe what you do:
I use my intuitive abilities and energetic healing tools to help clients process past trauma stuck in the body often keeping them in a constant loop of mediocre relationships and life experiences. I combine traditional “top down” talk therapy with a more somatic “bottom up” approach utilizing various types of breath-work, sound healing, meditation, and Reiki in order to encourage my clients to go deep within the self to uncover and/or simply release thought patterns no longer serving their best and highest good. I invite them to reclaim their sovereignty by reconnecting with their own internal emotional guidance system; thus, becoming a more expressed human, free of cultural and familial programming, inspired to live their own authentic truth.

They are now my all-time fave team. Having said that, after reading their bio for the first time, these two portions shocked me. 

I also thought they were married for the past 14 years or so. I knew he proposed though. Anyway, marriage is a label, and their relationship is much stronger than most couples that are legally married.  :duno:

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
Watch the editors include flashbacks from S5 every single episode just to make them more interesting.

lol jk I can't wait to see them get more airtime that's not related to meditation and love and compassion.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 06:51:46 AM »
I'm kinda missing the cutthroat & competitiveness of them and to some extent their dirty tactics which I loved about them in S.5, hopefully it shows in the next episodes.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 07:27:17 AM »
Having just rewatched their season, the competitiveness really came out mid race, not so much in the beginning. I look for them to bring out their competitiveness when there are fewer teams in the race and the weaker teams are gone.  They are in a good place right now but if they have a bad leg... watch out.

The other main difference is no Charla/Mirna to antagonize them.  Eliza/Corinne could be that team but they have chosen to target others.

And, that extra 15 years of maturity shows. They were both so immature the first time around!

Never thought they would be my favorites but I am totally rooting for them to take it all!

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2019, 09:44:46 PM »
my sand is broken
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 02:31:04 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 03:13:31 AM »
Hmm, it seems like they have now become the ZEN and boring team. :(

And they are the only team to be in the top 4 for each of the first 3 legs, though they have yet to earn a 1st place. Hopefully they can match their TAR5 performance.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »

And they are the only team to be in the top 4 for each of the first 3 legs, though they have yet to earn a 1st place. Hopefully they can match their TAR5 performance.
I hope so too, because it took 15 seasons for any team to top their record of legs won, so I'm expecting good performance from them. And I'm surprised by how well Christie seems to be adjusting to the equal roadblocks rule, because she/Colin are the only returning team from a season where there was no limit on how many roadblocks one person could do, so she only did one back then

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2019, 06:09:23 PM »

I hope so too, because it took 15 seasons for any team to top their record of legs won, so I'm expecting good performance from them. And I'm surprised by how well Christie seems to be adjusting to the equal roadblocks rule, because she/Colin are the only returning team from a season where there was no limit on how many roadblocks one person could do, so she only did one back then

I totally think she was capable of doing them but I think Colin was out to prove he was "the man" and could/would do anything for his woman.  Isn't is wonderful what maturity will do for a person...  I really like Colin and Christie this time around.

Honestly I'm OK with them not winning every leg. Keeps the target off of them.  They only need to win one!

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 12:22:23 AM »

The TAR nerd in me can’t help but point out that Nick & Starr beat their record only 13 seasons later  :glassesf:
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan