Author Topic: S38: Keith Sowell (Manu)  (Read 1709 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S38: Keith Sowell (Manu)
« on: January 31, 2019, 02:31:40 PM »

Keith Sowell (Manu Tribe)

Hometown: Fayetteville, North Carolina
Current residence: Durham, North Carolina

Hobbies: Writing and performing my poetry, tennis, playing video/board games, and going to the movies. 

Pet peeves: When self-absorbed people talk about all the money they have and things they've done, and only actively engage in conversations when the topic is about them or their "equals."

Three words to describe you: Religious, competitive, and creative.

What is your personal claim to fame? 
Getting the Jackie Robinson scholarship because I had never before achieved something on a national level. It still amazes me! They had over 3,500 applicants, gave interviews to 140 and awarded only 63. To be a part of that 63 still leaves me in awe and I know it's only by God's grace.

Who or what is your inspiration in life?
My inspirations are definitely my mom and grandma! Without them there's no way I would be the type of person I am today. They taught me morals, values, and how to always have a loving and caring personality. They've seen me at my lowest times and have never withheld their love for me. We never had much but my mom always made ends meet for me. My grandma was the one who first started me on my walk in faith, which is my biggest rock in life. They are my heroes!

If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why?
My Bible because it would be a constant reminder for me that God is always watching over me!
My poetry book because my poetry gives me life!
My Black Panther jacket because I'm a Marvel fanatic and it can always bring a smile to my face.

Which Survivor contestant are you the most like? 
I relate to Jeremy Collins because that was a family man. He put his family above all else and played solely for them. My family is the only tangible thing I've always had since day one! They're my reason for everything. I also think I'd love to rely more on social gameplay as he did and connect with people for longevity.

What's your reason for being on Survivor?
No doubt my primary motivation for being on the show is my family. Since I was born, we've lived in the same trailer without much change. Ever since I was doing well in school, I feel like eyes have been on me to help us out of stagnation. If I can make some things happen to help us go above and beyond, then you can best believe I'm going to be that breakthrough. Survivor may just be that start for me. Secondly, I'm motivated to learn more about myself. I've never had to find my food or stay outside, so I'm ready to see what I can do when tested. And of course, I'm a superfan and this has been a dream of mine! I'm already the youngest black castaway to date.  How cool would it be to add being the youngest Sole Survivor onto that?

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
I know I can be the Sole Survivor because I've already been living against the odds. Me being a lower-class black man, I wasn't nurtured to be the salutatorian of his class that would be able to afford Duke University of all places. I didn't have the bloodline of doctors to show me how to succeed or the finances to take prep classes for educational opportunities. I didn't even know what class rank or GPA meant until junior year. When I took the pre-SAT, I asked, "What class is this for?" I was set at a disadvantage, yet I made things happen. I went against the grain and did what I needed to do to put myself on a pre-med track. I'm driven, focused, and possess the willpower to make mountains move.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 05:08:10 PM by RealityFreakWill »