Author Topic: That Mama Kim Feeling Again!  (Read 7096 times)

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
That Mama Kim Feeling Again!
« on: October 01, 2004, 02:46:18 PM »
What a painful flashback for me.  It's like we're back in the boma again, with my all-time least favorite survivor contestant, variously known as "Mama Kim," "Leather Kim," "Anchor Kim," "Thong Granny," you get the picture.  Frightening.  Frightening picture!

Now it's Scout.  I really don't know why the women put up with her.  Any value she adds that is not subtracted by editing MUST be more than pulverized by her performances in the challenges.  She was literally dragged through the Ep 1 RC/IC.  Stevie Wonder could have done a better job of directing her team in the Ep 2 IC.  And who put her in charge of tossing the treble hook at the key rings in the Ep 3 RC/IC?  Good grief!

What does she have on these people?  Is she a hypnotist?  I don't buy the calming, mother-figure, koom-by-ah, mystic thing.  She's not what Yasur needs during the phase when they need players who are strong and/or can distract the Lopevi guys during challenges (when things aren't fuzzed out).

I am stumped.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re: That Mama Kim Feeling Again!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 02:56:09 PM »
She is different, that is for sure! She really didn't DO ANYTHING last night in the Reward Challenge! Twila was the one that threw out the hook and I think she grabbed every single key that they needed!

She isn't much worth to that tribe, I don't think. Eliza was right, get rid of her!

Rob

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 03:39:26 PM »
I agree i was like man we are S3 all over again.  Scout had not done much in any of the challenges.  THe only thing I can think of is they do not see her as a threat so they are keeping her.  Also like the men they have a set alliance to get them to merge wether the like the people or not they want to get to merge.

When seh kept swinging the gafling hook I was like ~ how was she in charge.....but also they had gotten the keys and the other ladies had not unlocked any of the locks.  WHY???  The guys unlocked as they got them.

I am starting to worry about this cast ~ they are makign dumb decisions....let's get rid of our strong players first

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 11:31:38 PM »
When seh kept swinging the gafling hook I was like ~ how was she in charge.....but also they had gotten the keys and the other ladies had not unlocked any of the locks.  WHY???  The guys unlocked as they got them.

:)* I was thinking the same thing ..like who the heck let her have the gaffle ..talk about the stupid move of the week ! Did you notice the music when she was swinging that thing ..and then JP said something like are you going to throw that or what Scout ? The men are ahead of you ?   :()()
Nonetheless, she is in a controlling alliance, and is in it to stay.

IMO~ Yasur is preserving harmony with only a small sacrifice to strength to keep  Scout, but Lopevi is sacrificing both by keeping around weak, irritating players.  :\/

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 12:16:13 PM »
I agree the men are getting rid of the strength.  But  ***no ofeense men*** no man will admit that someone else is stronger then they are so they do not see them as hurting the tribe.

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 08:44:12 PM »
What do you say?  A certainty that ol' Scout will be sitting out the Immunity Challenge - if she's on the team with a numerical advantage.  (Teaser for this week indicated buff throw-downage, which usually means a switch.)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 09:28:15 PM »
Hiya Car ... :)* well she might surprise us as a swimmer but as a runner..no way ..

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 06:05:24 PM »
And then she's designated immediately as "chief" when Yasur was asked to pick out who's in charge.

For the first time in Survivor history (correct me if I'm wrong) we have someone in a leadership role for an extended period of time who is in absolutely no danger of being voted off.  This puzzles me.  I'm convinced she's either a hypnotist or an extortionist.

And the challenge involved little swimming, and quite a bit of sinking.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
 :()()  Well the teams are tied this week..poor lamo Scout will not be able to sit out..Can't see Yasur winning any of the challenges this week with one of the fat five and do nothing Scout on their tribe  :)*
It would have to be pure luck.... :)_{}

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 01:06:11 AM »
You guys are funny.  Scout really hasn't contributed to the challenges.  I was going nuts when she was trying to throw the hook -- she had such a funny toss--I thought she was a rancher.  Don't ranchers throw ropes to snag cows, etc?  Scout should have thrown it over her head instead of pushing it.  it was bizarre.

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 09:31:14 PM »
I think Scout is still around, because she is not a threat. I think, after the merge, the guys might get tired of the granola lesbian and vote her off.

I agree on the hook. I think she meant to throw the challenge. Why didn't someone take the hook from her?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 09:43:59 PM »
 ?:) ?:)? :)* :()()

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 07:49:14 PM »
Here's a rule change - something that the producers can do in order to take care of some useful business that the players are unwilling to do ...

Merge at 12.  So, right about now, they're all one tribe.  Immunity Challenges, for this week and for the next three weeks, are replaced with Elimination Challenges.  Everyone but the two laggard weaklings gets immunity.  A weak player gets sent home.  The strong survive for a change.

It would be like taking the best part of Amazing Race and using it to make Survivor look less like The Weakest Link.  Tell me, which of those two shows does a better job of producing worthy winners?

It would be an utter travesty if Scout wins.  Though I can understand why she is still there, that understanding is hidden under layers of disbelief, obscured by every shred of straight-line reasoning I can muster, and shrouded by the murkiest mists of my worst nighmares.

I just can't contain myself.  The producers will come up with some Immunity Challenge that will include some token role that ol' Scout can be assigned to do.  Jeff: "Which one of you will take the role of cheering on everyone else?"  (Car84 looks to see if a loose shoe is within reach.)  "Okay, Scout it is!"  (Car84 misses the TV and must watch Scout slip the noose again.)

Scout must go!  It's imperative.  It's a matter of my mental health and the well-being of my TV and the wall behind it.  I want to see her in the mud again, or doing pull-ups, or dragging stumps, or pushing or lifting or throwing heavy things.  (Same for Julie and Leann and Eliza and Amy, but for different reasons.) 

I don't want to have to be consoled at around 8:45 p.m. Eastern on Thursday.  The woman who is named after thousands upon thousands of dogs must go.  For the love of Mark Burnett, she must go!

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 08:27:56 PM »
Right church, wrong pew.  Okay, Scout did pretty well with the slingshot in the Immunity Challenge.  The blind squirrel found a nut.

But, previously, on Survivor ...

... was the Reward Challenge.  I was pumped and primed to see Scout fumble and stumble and bumble her way through the obstacles with her precious payload of coconut juice.  And then it happened.  Instead of taking a turn, she immediately spilled her juice and went to the end of the line, leaving the others to win the challenge.  And her tribe was fine with that.

Okay, there was the strategy in All Stars when one tribe "fell" off the course in order to put Rob C's ability to balance to maximum use.  But in that case, otherwise useful players took strategic dives.  Scout begged off because she could, and she would have hurt the team if she didn't find a way to sit this challenge out.  She had the luxury of giving up - something that Chris or Eliza or Leann were denied when they faced a narrow beam, a muddy pig, or a series of dives.  What a farce!

So then, everyone else, rewarded for their physical output enjoyed coffee and croissants with Scout, who was thoroughly worn out merely from the amount of energy it took to have the nerve to share in the spoils.

I'd feel a little better about this if Scout appeared to be in some sort of danger.  But there are no banana peels in sight for her.  I can only imagine what I'd say if I were in Scout's tribe.  Suffice to say, it would be a rich mixture of good TV and bad manners.

Am I the only one who is put off by this?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 09:03:46 PM »
She sounds perfect to take to the final two .. ;) think Brian H. and Clay ..Thailand

Riverrat

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 09:20:53 AM »
I'm a little put out that people keep making fun of her. Unless CBS HAS to get one token old person like the one token black, I wish they would stop recruiting people that are going to get bad mouthed on national TV just for living. Dang it she's a human being with feelings to. I think she made Sarge look like a wimp last night. He was so cocky. "There is NO DOUBT about who will win this challenge."   :()() Isn't it a little sad to want someone gone just because they don't look goood in a bathing suit. Scout has looked as good in any challenge as Eliza and LeAnn last week. I'm sure MB paid her to take abuse for three days.It's been a lot longer through no fault of hers. If she doesn't win he should give her a mil for being the token old person.

No hard feelings. Just choosing the right to state my opinion also.  :)_{}

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 10:57:25 AM »
Thank you RiverRat and well said....

Offline Car84

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 08:10:27 PM »
Final two?!  Maybe if she gets skunked by the jury, I'll be at one with my wits again.

For the record, I'll bet she's a nice person.  I just don't look at her and see "survivor."  I just don't.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 08:28:20 PM »
Maybe Scout wins  , yeah..the million.. S9 ..what do you think of that  ;D Car?
I'm not picking on her either.. but,I agree with Car ..
I just don't look at her and see "survivor."  I just don't.
Maybe she does stuff around camp that we don't see..well then shame on me & shame on MB..editing editing editing

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »
She sounds perfect to take to the final two .. ;) think Brian H. and Clay ..Thailand

hey, even clay wasn't as incompetant as scout. remember him beating superstrong fireman ken to win thailand's first individual immunity?
scout more reminds me of sonja from season one, a nice person to have around to talk to, but completely useless in anything requiring moving. yasur should have taken the same route as tagi and dumped the dead weight.
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Riverrat

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 11:18:51 PM »
according to Rory Scout does almost everything around camp. I'm just saying that MB should not recruit people that aren't physically able to do the challenges he has, although they would not have won last night if she hadn't helped Rory. So shame on MB.

I think it's best under the circumstances for me to just not read this thread. Even baby mods have opinions and i don't want to be argumentative.  88))

Offline 'keeta

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • HOME!
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2004, 06:38:52 PM »
Who would want to go against her in the final?
Make it Idiot Proof and Someone will make a better Idiot.  :whip:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2004, 07:44:26 PM »
Can't tell you here  bama ..lol, go to the Spoiler boards  ;)
OK..just to defend Scout abit..I was listening to Richards Live show..John K. had nothing but, praise for Scout ..he said that a 60 yr old woman beat Chris on the balance beam thingey, whatever, in the very first challenge..this is true..
Also what we didn't see last episode ..because shame on MB editing ,editing,editing  ;) , Scout was not the only one to spill her juice to go to the back of the line.. John said that his tribe all took one turn and then all  of them accept for , John & Julie, spilled their juice for the same reason as Scout..how about that  :)() I'm  willing to give Scout a hand  :)()  ..I won't flame her anymore and I won't post in this topic anymore  ;D She is probably an awesome person and she has more ballsey than me ..I for one would never even attempt to go on survivor because I am  to much of a Princess (IAP  ;D )..and thats my story..the end   B:) B:) B:)