Author Topic: S37: Ep 13: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" (12/19 3HR Finale)  (Read 57974 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Congratulations Nick!

He was a very deserving winner!

:conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Gra1162

Congratulations Nick!

He was a very deserving winner!

:conf: :cheer: :woohoo:
IMHO

Angelina should have won

Gra1162

Alec is still banned :/

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
Did Kara also get punished for that pic or just Alec?

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
JURY VOTES

NICK

Elizabeth
John
Dan
Alec
Carl
Gabby
Davie

MIKE

Christian
Alison
Kara

ANGELINA

Nobody

Gra1162

Did Kara also get punished for that pic or just Alec?
both but alec got the most blame

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
What’s the fire making curse
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
What’s the fire making curse

Well, this is only the third season to use the current F4 fire-making elimination format. In the last two, the winner of the fire challenge ended up winning the game. But not this time.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Mike should've won

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
Interesting that both TAR contestants in Survivor, Natalie and now Mike, made F3.

I reading lot of praise for this season online but I don't really get it, tbh.  :duno: It was mediocre season at best for me. I enjoyed HvHvH and mayyybe even GI more. Not fan of this season, sorry.

I wish someone interesting would win for once... I mean look at international Survivor winners of 3 english speaking franchises this year... Can you imagine someone like them to win US season??? That would be so refreshing, but it's never gonna happen in Survivor US.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I wish someone interesting would win for once... I mean look at international Survivor winners of 3 english speaking franchises this year... Can you imagine someone like them to win US season??? That would be so refreshing, but it's never gonna happen in Survivor US.
Yes, that's why each season you see a big part of the fanbase supporting potentially outrageous winners like Angelina, because everybody wants a winner with a not-nearly-perfect game.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Honestly, Nick was a good winner.

I'm still wondering why ppl think Mike should have won. I think he played a good game but not a great game.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
I would have been happy with Mike winning, good social game and he was influential.  Nick was ok, though his speech about his mother had nothing to do with the game, and that kind of final tribal speech doesn't have it's place on the show for me.

The main talk of the last episode seemed to be Angelina and her idol(s).  A desperate move, she needed to do something I guess but it was a case of too little too late and just looked silly.  There was some comedy in her attempt to find the idol though.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I understand more why Nick won. Mike clearly played a better game, but Nick's move (taking out the Goliath men) worked in his favour, because they were bitter. Davie didn't stick to his word of voting for the player who led his move (bitter, likely) so this both helped Nick winning. He's still a decent winner, but I feel Mike would've been a more impressive winner, Goliath turned David turned Goliath.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I don't know what to think about US Survivor leading up to DvG but the show in general is trending downward for me. I remain hopeful that next season can change that but I don't know.

I stand by what I said at the end of last season because it ended on such a dour note for me. I know Survivor can be good and the international editions reinforced that for me. So, I did not have high hopes for this season. Seven months later, I've been blown away by DvG.

Part of my love of this season comes down to casting. Listening to preseason interviews, I really liked this cast, and they're really weren't any people I thought could be non-entities. Compare that to last season where I pretty much predicted the non-entities before the season began. If Survivor is going to stay in Fiji, then it will live and die on its cast not some twist. The cast should always be the stars of a season, and this cast was phenomenal. Everyone contributed to the show, and no one was really pushed into the background to the point where they were invisible. It's a shame Lynne is no longer casting for Survivor because she and her team did a terrific job. Another praise with this season comes down to editing. The editing on this season was so much better than it has been in recent years. This season wasn't the Nick show. They made sure to show multiple perspectives from the cast and why they were making the moves that they did. They also did not sugarcoat anything to make their winner look perfect. Up until this finale, I also was never certain over who could be the winner.

My one complaint is the finale. This finale was good. I loved moments like Angelina's idol search, Mike searching for a clue with a glass of wine, the 100 ft lie. The character moments were great, and they highlighted how great this cast was. The problems lie with the game mechanics. Six people is too much for a finale. Every tribal cycle goes by too fast that we have no time to take in what happened. Also, I still hate the fire making twist. Kara got zero votes all season and was still eliminated. The automatic fire making twist removes the aspect of the social game on Day 38. These problems made it very apparent for me that Nick would win and we've seen his character type win before. That being said, when the finale is the weakest episode (again, I'm not calling it bad), that only shows how great the season was.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Although I think Kara ultimately would've been voted out 3-1, or Angelina making it a 2-2 for Mike (in which he then wins the FMC), I think the F4 twist is awful. Your last chance to really push yourself to the end should be final immunity, and if a tie occurs after that then good on you for your social game to work out that chance.

Survivor is its own worst enemy. In the 30s we've seen way too many game advantages been hidden, an overload of idols (which they then rehide again) and then some awful themes they try reinforce. HHH was decent, DvG was pretty strong, but I've found most other recent seasons hard to even finish because they're so dull - half down to casting, but mostly due to producer manipulation.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
I agree. I'm not a fan of the new F4 format. It was basically created to rig the win for Ben two seasons ago anyway.

I didn't watch Ghost Island to the end yet, but would Wendell have been voted out at F4?

Gra1162

I agree. I'm not a fan of the new F4 format. It was basically created to rig the win for Ben two seasons ago anyway.

I didn't watch Ghost Island to the end yet, but would Wendell have been voted out at F4?
Idk I think Angela or laurel would be voted out instead

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Laurel probably ties the vote for Wendell and he ultimately wins fire

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
i am surprised Nick won. I mean he was great, but at the final tribal Mike was better. The way he answered all juries' question made me think he would get more votes, the juries seem impressed with his answers

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
I agree. I was pretty confident that nick will win over mike and angelina until the ftc. Mike's speech made me nervous and based on the reaction ftom  the jury, i thought he will win surprisingly.