Author Topic: TAR Canada 7: News/Media/Speculation (possible spoilers)  (Read 130437 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 7: News/Media/Speculation (possible spoilers)
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »
If we get Jet & Dave or Frankie & Amy back (honestly I think Brent & Sean have little chance of winning the vote), you can bet that'll be one team that makes some good TV.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2019, 06:34:02 PM »
If we get Jet & Dave or Frankie & Amy back (honestly I think Brent & Sean have little chance of winning the vote), you can bet that'll be one team that makes some good TV.
DOES EVERYBODY WANT GOOD ****ING TV? IS THAT WHAT THEY WANT?!
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2019, 11:40:43 PM »
TARCAN has yet to cast the blonde mean-girl archetype e.g. 17's Volleyballers, 25's Realtors, etc., so it'd be hella neat to see Regina's or Saskatoon's answer to BBCAN6 Olivia as a complementary contrast to Hero(in)es' Edition.

Not happening. They are not casting villains anymore... Only "inspirational" boring teams who bring no drama. TARCAN casting died after TARCAN4, not expecting change with this second chance in life theme this season.

I'd love to see a mean-girl archetype again. It is fun to watch.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2019, 06:39:34 PM »
TARCAN has yet to cast the blonde mean-girl archetype e.g. 17's Volleyballers, 25's Realtors, etc., so it'd be hella neat to see Regina's or Saskatoon's answer to BBCAN6 Olivia as a complementary contrast to Hero(in)es' Edition.

Not happening. They are not casting villains anymore... Only "inspirational" boring teams who bring no drama. TARCAN casting died after TARCAN4, not expecting change with this second chance in life theme this season.

On the contrary, the latest two TARCAN seasons are mediocre at worst, the only outright bad one occurring on the third try.

There's still potential for antagonists no matter the naysaying.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2019, 07:49:59 AM »
The way I see it, there actually is potential for villains in a second chance-themed cast.

Think of it this way - if someone made some poor choices, then got a "second lease on life", that comes with the attitude that they're not going to waste it, not going to lose again. Thus, people can grow more competitive than they were before.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
https://www.ctv.ca/The-Amazing-Race-Canada/Articles/Latest/canadas-choice-team

Canada Has Chosen: Jet And Dave Set To Race Again On Season 7 of CTV’s The Amazing Race Canada

And they’re off… again!

As revealed from the starting line of the upcoming seventh season of The Amazing Race Canada, Jet and Dave, best friends from Season 1, were selected as the Canada’s Choice team and are racing again. Jet and Dave joined host Jon Montgomery and nine other teams as part of a Facebook Live and Twitter livestream event sponsored by Chevrolet for the start of Season 7. The new season is set to air on CTV this summer.

In addition to Jet and Dave, Canadians had the opportunity to vote for Brent and Sean, Brothers from Season 3, and Frankie and Amy, a mother and daughter from Season 4. Voting was open on CTV.ca and on Twitter with @AmazingRaceCDA from March 21 until April 1, with Jet and Dave receiving the highest number of votes from people across the country.

Chevrolet has been part of the series since the beginning and returns as a partner of The Amazing Race Canada for the seventh consecutive season. As part of their extensive partnership, the winning team will receive two all-new 2019 Chevrolet Blazers as part of the grand prize which also includes a once in a lifetime trip for two around the world, a $250,000 cash prize, and The Amazing Race Canada. Teams will also continue to drive Chevrolet vehicles throughout Season 7, a vital component to help keep them racing. Chevrolet also returns as the title sponsor for Facebook Live events hosted by Jon Montgomery taking place throughout production.

Previous seasons of The Amazing Race Canada are available on the all-new Crave.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:55:01 AM by Maanca »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2019, 10:38:22 PM »
During the Starting Line interview with Jet & Dave, it was funny when they answered Winnipeg/Manitoba as the place in Canada they most want to visit, saying they don't think it's ever been visited before. Though it's been visited twice, if I remember correctly? hehe

Offline toronTAR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »
During the Starting Line interview with Jet & Dave, it was funny when they answered Winnipeg/Manitoba as the place in Canada they most want to visit, saying they don't think it's ever been visited before. Though it's been visited twice, if I remember correctly? hehe

Yep, 2 and 6. I'm pretty sure they're being sarcastic. :funny: I remember they joked about going Winnipeg for one of their prizes (or maybe that's another team)

Being in the starting line, no team stood out of being competitive or having big personalities aside from Jet and Dave so I'm not keeping my hopes up wrt entertainment.  J/D will probably end up in top 3 or even win the whole race unless they get screwed again. I have to watch season 1 again because I forgot on how they got eliminated. I just remembered they did poorly on the second leg in Vancouver. haha

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2019, 01:26:43 PM »
I think Jet & Dave got eliminated after the busking task and Dave wasn't doing so well :(

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2019, 01:20:03 PM »
another article on Kamloops :)
https://infotel.ca/newsitem/the-amazing-race-canada-tv-show-made-a-stop-in-kamloops/it61643

note: Valleyview community centre noted in article just down the hill from Kamloops Bike Ranch

Yet another article with a little more info at the airport arrival.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/254760/Amazing-Race-in-Kamloops
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 04:36:36 PM by Linda BC2 »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2019, 02:10:00 PM »
The Source looks to be a sponsor this season as well...

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2019, 11:29:03 AM »
Premiere: July 2nd
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »
The sponsors for this year

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2019, 02:59:24 PM »
That's quite a list. Dempster's is the only one back from last year.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2019, 04:04:53 PM »
Oooo! After sponsoring TARPH2, Shell V-Power Nitro+ comes to support TARC7!  :hugs:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »
With ROM sponsoring this season, could teams have gone there after the SL before heading to the airport ?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »
With ROM sponsoring this season, could teams have gone there after the SL before heading to the airport ?

That's what I wondered, too. It's only 3 km down the street from the Starting Line

Online NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2019, 04:31:58 AM »
Huh,with Expedia, Lion King and Dora the Explorer as sponsors, and we still probably didn't get an international leg.
The latter two probably will get included via themed tasks.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2019, 07:59:45 AM »

That's what I wondered, too. It's only 3 km down the street from the Starting Line

It would have been the only real opportunity they had to go on-site at the ROM.
Weren't Dave & Irina spotted along the Queensway? This might explain it if they got lost leaving the ROM & going to Pearson, or they were given bad advice.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2019, 09:19:51 AM »
The first group of teams were announced (via press release and social media) during Your Morning yesterday. The second group is supposed to be announced during The Marilyn Denis Show (10-11 AM)...it will probably be the last segment. It appears they are actually holding off on these announcements until air time, unlike previous seasons when they would announce early, prior to these shows airing.

The final group will be announced during The Social (1 to 2 PM)...I may be late posting by no more than an hour.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:29:49 AM by WindsorSue »