Author Topic: TAR Missed Opportunities  (Read 9082 times)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
TAR Missed Opportunities
« on: October 27, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
This is a thread on where we get to talk about what TAR's missed opportunities were. You can also talk about international versions as well.

A big one of course is Kenya, this country severely needs a revisit, and not just an airport stopover. TAR Canada 5 would've been worth watching if they visited Kenya, but got cancelled. They can do two legs there one in Tsavo National Park, and do tasks surrounding the wildlife there. Then do an urban leg in Nairobi. Also Kenya is the latest country to get Street View Coverage in Google Maps, so this can be a strong possibility that Kenya might be visited in the near future.

I wanted a team from season 1 to take the Fast Forward where you can see the entirety of Vatican City.

Also in season 1 I wish that one team chose the "Puzzling" detour side in the second Tunisian leg.

In TAR 7 when they went to Peru, they should have had the Pit Stop at Machu Picchu, now that would have been a cool 1st Pit Stop.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR Missed Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 05:24:43 PM »
Going to the Sunshine Coast, instead of the Gold Coast, in TAR 4

Not EVER visiting Vatican City, when TAR has been in Rome...

Gra1162

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 06:47:16 PM »
Not EVER visiting Vatican City, when TAR has been in Rome...

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
27 was the perfect opportunity to visit Riga instead of boring old Krakow rehashing 11 and Australia 1.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 10:30:58 PM »
A big one of course is Kenya, this country severely needs a revisit, and not just an airport stopover. TAR Canada 5 would've been worth watching if they visited Kenya, but got cancelled.

it wouldn't have been worth watching either way lbr

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:22:16 PM »
I'd have rather seen the Heroes' Edition cast there instead of lame Mexico.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 01:51:30 AM »
The second All-Stars edition was planned for two Philippine legs but ended up to relocate in Malaysia as an alternate location but due to a strong typhoon hit that country.

Season 21 would have a perfect opportunity to have two legs in Finland (one in Helsinki and the other in nearby Loviisa/Lahti/Porvoo), but things ended up in Russia. Finland has never had a Pit Stop before.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »
27 was the perfect opportunity to visit Riga instead of boring old Krakow rehashing 11 and Australia 1.

Speaking of that season, I can't believe that the Agra revisit didn't go to nearby Fatehpur Sikri a.k.a. Emperor Akbar's city.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 03:53:18 PM »

How is Kraków boring? Tar 11 didn't really explore the city. Tar Aus doesnt count, A different version of the race imo should have no effect whether the original visits it.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 04:33:10 PM »
How is Poland interesting when 23's episode already improved the messes from All-Stars and the Aussie edition?

Again, there was no good reason to skip Latvia.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
27's Krakow is not boring. The leg was bad because of the flight booking arrangement and pit-stop treatment. :groan:

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 10:00:14 PM »
I think they should have done a leg in Chefchaouen, Morocco in S30 after the Tangier leg, instead of doing 2 legs in France

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 11:17:11 PM »
27's Krakow is boring. The leg was bad.

Fixed.

P.S. Latvia's capital > that city

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »
I really should that Seattle as the final city in TAR 27, but it ended up in NYC commemorating the 150th anniversary of NYC Fire Department. They should have done the finish line at Everett.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
I think they should have done a leg in Chefchaouen, Morocco in S30 after the Tangier leg, instead of doing 2 legs in France

More like replace the same tired retreads in Provence with never-visited Gascony/Aquitaine, including a stopover in Andorra.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 12:38:49 AM »
28's route collapses into utterly uninspired crap after its seventh leg: it should've been Muscat -> Siem Reap x2 -> Taipei -> San Diego.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 07:27:53 PM »
The entire Guam leg in TAR 11: Real All-Stars was a great missed opportunity. Yeah, one US Military like task is fine, but BOTH the Detour and RoadBlock being about the US military is too much. The Roadblock should've focused on Guam's beaches instead.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 10:33:11 AM »
That, or something with the Chamorro language.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 02:35:38 PM »
Not visiting Machu Picchu in S7 Imo is such a dissapointment, they were so close.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
Not visiting Machu Picchu in S7 Imo is such a dissapointment, they were so close.

Exactly, they should of had a Pit Stop at Machu Picchu in the first leg of TAR 7, at least it was visited on the 6th leg of the first Latin American version.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2018, 04:45:47 PM »

And yes, Machu Picchu is the most visited Incan tourist site in Cusco that should be hosted in the first Pit Stop, but ended up at the Spanish-built Convent.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
Taiwan should've appeared as the penultimate leg within the last four seasons to break up the South China overload.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2018, 06:34:54 PM »
I always thought Macu Pichu wasn't visited because of logistic reasons. Few hours trek is required to actually get there, I think.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 07:14:34 AM »
Taiwan should've appeared as the penultimate leg within the last four seasons to break up the South China overload.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »

Exactly, TAR 30's penultimate leg should've been in Taiwan, and have the unused lantern detour from TAR 12 as a task.