Author Topic: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 133084 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2018, 12:02:02 AM »
N'awlins would make an awesome finale. But as we just had a finish in Detroit, in the recent trend of alternating seasons, I'm more likely expecting it to be LA-vicinity or maybe NYC again.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2018, 12:15:38 AM »
Usually a start in LAX means a final leg elsewhere. And an east coast or gulf coast in that context would make some sense, given TAR 30 in San Francisco and 31 in Detroit.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2018, 12:56:52 AM »
N'awlins would make an awesome finale. But as we just had a finish in Detroit, in the recent trend of alternating seasons, I'm more likely expecting it to be LA-vicinity or maybe NYC again.

So San Diego.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2018, 01:01:50 AM »
If New Orleans is indeed the finale, I find it doubtful they would fly straight from, say, east Asia to New Orleans. Maybe leg 11 will be in Canada?

Vancouver finally appearing on the American edition as a penultimate leg with an actual Canadian Pit-Stop and Jon Montgomery as the greeter sounds like the best thing ever!

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #479 on: November 29, 2018, 01:17:42 AM »
If New Orleans is indeed the finale, I find it doubtful they would fly straight from, say, east Asia to New Orleans. Maybe leg 11 will be in Canada?

Vancouver finally appearing on the American edition as a penultimate leg with an actual Canadian Pit-Stop and Jon Montgomery as the greeter sounds like the best thing ever!
I would KILL for a full Canada leg! If TARCAN can make tons of great Canadian legs, why can’t we make just ONE?!  :groan:
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #480 on: November 29, 2018, 09:51:00 AM »
3 weeks have gone by so fast.  :didimiss: :didimiss:.its been fun !! can't wait to see the End. Am even keeping my fingers crossed that 32 will Air before 31 in Jan. It's very unlikely.

May 22, 2019, I think 31 will air. They announced Amazing Race will air May 22, 2019. Probability 31 because they announced that it would be Amazing Race vs. Survivor vs. Big Brother

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: November 29, 2018, 07:28:08 PM »
I'm thinking the 10th leg takes place in India again, than the 11th leg goes to Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo or Seoul. My guess only.

Yeah leg 10 would most likely be on the same city or taking train to somewhere else in India (maybe Chennai or undervisited southern part of India idk) and penultimate leg would likely in South Korea like ShenShen speculation given SK visit in 29 have little to almost no sightings. lol
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: November 29, 2018, 08:01:31 PM »
They may just skip the capital city and go to either Busan or Jeju Island.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #483 on: November 29, 2018, 10:44:21 PM »
If the finale really is New-Orleans (and I doubt they would cancel it because some twitter profile spoiled it, let's remember that the S31 finale was spoiled weeks in advance and they still filmed there), there really isn't that many international connections there (no Asia, only Canada, Panama, and some places in Europe and in central America)...

My question is: As it happen before that they don't fly directly from the Leg 11 destination to the finale? Like a layover in another American City, or in another country?

Like last season, London to Detroit was direct? Hong-Kong to San-Francisco in S30, etc.

If no, then we may have a Leg 11 in Canada?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #484 on: November 29, 2018, 10:57:52 PM »
It’s just as likely there would be a connection to the final city if no convenient direct flight; one example that comes to mind is season 5 where teams connected from the Philippines to Dallas via Calgary.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #485 on: November 29, 2018, 11:08:22 PM »
TAR25 also had teams fly from Manila to LA via Tokyo instead of taking a direct Philippine Airlines flight (which would've likely been fully booked already anyway) that arrives around 9am.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #486 on: November 30, 2018, 12:33:06 AM »
TAR25 also had teams fly from Manila to LA via Tokyo instead of taking a direct Philippine Airlines flight (which would've likely been fully booked already anyway) that arrives around 9am.

Did they? I know there are direct flights from Manila to LAX, so they could very well have taken a direct flight. Unless of course you know for sure, as I do not.

In my mind, the last time they made a connection was in 26 (Trujillo to Lima to Dallas) and before that 23 (Tokyo to Seattle to Juneau). Before that my memory isn't so great. Definitely 5. But the rest? I think had direct flights.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #487 on: November 30, 2018, 12:38:36 AM »

Did they? I know there are direct flights from Manila to LAX, so they could very well have taken a direct flight. Unless of course you know for sure, as I do not.

In my mind, the last time they made a connection was in 26 (Trujillo to Lima to Dallas) and before that 23 (Tokyo to Seattle to Juneau). Before that my memory isn't so great. Definitely 5. But the rest? I think had direct flights.
Yes. I think Phil or someone else posted an IG pic of him at Narita during that time (between Manila and LA). But also, teams specifically flew out of Terminal 1 in Manila. All international Philippine Airlines flights (the only direct to LAX) fly out of Terminal 2.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #488 on: November 30, 2018, 12:39:49 AM »
If the finale really is New-Orleans (and I doubt they would cancel it because some twitter profile spoiled it, let's remember that the S31 finale was spoiled weeks in advance and they still filmed there), there really isn't that many international connections there (no Asia, only Canada, Panama, and some places in Europe and in central America)...

My question is: As it happen before that they don't fly directly from the Leg 11 destination to the finale? Like a layover in another American City, or in another country?

Like last season, London to Detroit was direct? Hong-Kong to San-Francisco in S30, etc.

If no, then we may have a Leg 11 in Canada?

TAR 30 had the teams took the flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco via Taipei which they could've booked a Cathay Pacific nonstop to San Francisco.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #489 on: November 30, 2018, 01:49:23 AM »
All interesting but back to 32 please.

Chateau pointed out that the ONLY international flight into New Orleans is from Panama.

All others would likely require a change in LAX or Dallas or Atlanta or elsewhere. Strange indeed!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #490 on: November 30, 2018, 04:59:13 AM »
Was that Will and DaAngelo & Gary in the photo?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: November 30, 2018, 05:01:30 AM »
Was that Will and DaAngelo & Gary in the photo?

Yes. Don't know about Will, but there's no doubt with those dreads about D'Angelo & Gary
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 05:10:57 AM by Maanca »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: November 30, 2018, 05:02:39 AM »
Can somebody ask that lady to identify F5 teams for us, please?  :luvya:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: November 30, 2018, 05:09:05 AM »
Our final six:

DeAngelo & Gary (F5)
James & Will (F5)
indian MF
mom & dad
beards MM
6th team - ??? (please be FF team!!!)

Offline rph

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #494 on: November 30, 2018, 05:22:13 AM »
Whoop Will and James :D

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #495 on: November 30, 2018, 06:43:16 AM »
The fact that we have 5 teams at leg 10 ,means we have the NELs all wrong and it also proves Leg 4 was Not a NEL which means Pink FF were toast..and I guess leg 7 wasn't a NEL :ghug:.someone needs to tell us what the order of NELs was, coz they don't add up...so if leg 10 is EL, they remain 4 ,and leg 11 could cater for the Last NEL. Means leg 12 will have a final 4 . That would be so obvious and production ain't that obvious.We have The N.E.Ls wrong. hope we get clarity :amen: :welcome: :dick

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: November 30, 2018, 06:45:46 AM »
More like 29's NEL/TBC sequence got reused.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #497 on: November 30, 2018, 06:47:34 AM »
More like 29's NEL/TBC sequence got reused.

Or TAR20's. We still don't know if Leg 4 was EL or NEL.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #498 on: November 30, 2018, 06:49:53 AM »
Occam's Razor: cheaper to send fourteen racers across the Atlantic than sixteen.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #499 on: November 30, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »
Wonder if they made the obligatory visit to Angkor Wat