Author Topic: TARC 6 Episode 10 LIVE UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 3886 times)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
TARC 6 Episode 10 LIVE UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:38:08 AM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!
It's a BUSY day in the TAR community, I know! But if you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. 

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 7:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 6 Episode 10 LIVE UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
Fredericton, NB

1. Taylor & Courtney - Trip for 2 to Buenos Aires
2. Dylan & Kwame
3. Courtney & Adam
4. Martina & Phil - Eliminated :'( :'( :'(

Next week - Finale in Banff, Alberta

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 08:42:47 PM »
No one update this episode summary for the leg. Can anyone summarize here?

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:47 PM »
Wow, that was a complete shocker as M/P were thought to have made the finale. So sad to see them go. They got a montage and I would be shocked not too see them on All stars.

RI: Find the difference between two changing of the guards (the diff being one set takes 3 steps vs 2)

Detour: Fit or Flight. In fit memorize 4 exercises and do them without making a mistake. Each team got 18 mins between them to finish it Flight: use a flight simulator to land a helicopter on top of the Bell Centre in Montreal. Each team had 5 minutes. Also this detour was a limited stations detour. 2 per detour.
Faceoff: Play a 15 min 3x3 wheelchair basketball game
RB: Provide the answer to 6 questions in Wolastoqey with Pictures (titles) found in the Beaverbrook Art Gallery
Pitstop: Government House

Gra1162

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 10:54:01 PM »
MARTINA AND PHIL ELIMNATED count me suprised :o OMG was rooting for them so badddddd :(  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :gaah: now i just need t and C to win

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 01:53:29 AM »
Martina & Phil eliminated?

What...

So upset.  :'(

Let's go Dylan/Kwame and Taylor/Courtney!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 05:00:12 AM »
I honestly thought them specifically showing Adam going back to grab the clue in his pants and leaving Courtney in the taxi was because they'd be getting a penalty for the distance rule. Maybe they did and it didn't matter if Martina & Phil were so far behind. But I really thought they'd get a penalty for that. Oh well.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 06:36:12 AM »
It was another good leg, the only major problem I had was that they were allowed to use pen/paper for the first task, that made it easier than it should have been.  Otherwise it was at the kind of difficulty that the race should always be.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 07:03:32 AM »
The "Dedicated to the people of Fredericton" at the end would have been because this leg was filmed at the tail end of the worst flooding the province ever had.

It was an alright leg. The Roadblock could have been better, it felt like a mix of the train task from last year's Final 4 and the Haida Gwaii Roadblock from Season 4.

The finale looks promising :) Hopefully better than Season 3 Whistler (the weakest, IMO. Small towns don't have a lot to offer in the way of big tasks you expect of a TAR finale.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 07:08:55 AM by Maanca »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 08:30:59 AM »
It was an OK leg. But really sad of not having Martina and Phil along for the final leg.

Really surprised that there were no penalty for the distance thing. Teams didn't seem so far behind each other, so I am getting the impression that they are not enforcing that rule.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 08:49:22 AM »
Leg 10

This leg is yet another example of why I do not like placing an additional task after a Face Off. Like I said after the Winnipeg leg, since the Face Off task usually takes a while to complete, it's hard for teams in the back to catch up. In this case, because there was a set time for the Face Off, Martina & Phil really had no chance after they lost. TARC has gotten lucky and has designed some decent tasks that bunch up teams afterwards. The Roadblocks in penultimate legs of the previous two seasons are good examples. This leg was not the case. I am partially jaded because Phil & Martina were my favorites the entire season, but this wasn't a great leg regardless of the finish.

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."  :'(
Between Sukhi & Jinder and now Martina & Phil, why is New Brunswick so cruel?
I'm in mourning. Rooting for Courtney & Adam to win.

Guard: No one really struggled, it was a simple task to start the leg.
Fit: I did like that this task was extremely difficult between memorizing the exercises and remembering even minute details.
Fly: I will admit that the crashes were fun to watch, and the task was also difficult for different reasons.
Basketball: I made my frustrations known.
Wolastoqey: Seemed really difficult, but teams picked up on the trick pretty easily so that there wasn't a bunch up after the Face Off.

2/5

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
I think this would be a great early Leg, not a Penultimate Leg.

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »
The "Dedicated to the people of Fredericton" at the end would have been because this leg was filmed at the tail end of the worst flooding the province ever had.

I think the dedication was for the four persons killed (including two cops) in a shooting incident in Fredericton in August 2018.