Author Topic: TARC 6 Episode 6 "Smells Like Sweat and Fun" 8/7/18  (Read 6821 times)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
TARC 6 Episode 6 "Smells Like Sweat and Fun" 8/7/18
« on: August 01, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »
Title from Bell Media PR: https://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/all-seven-teams-keep-on-racing-on-tonights-episode-of-ctvs-the-amazing-race-canada-heroes-edition/

"On the next episode of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, “Smells Like Sweat and Fun” (Tuesday, August 7 at 8 p.m. ET / 9 p.m. MT on CTV and CTV GO), teams keep racing and join the masses in Toronto, where a Roadblock has teams trying to get ahead of the pack. A Detour has teams dancing to their own beat, and a Double U-turn causes some soul searching. Plus, Season 5 winners Sam and Paul make a special appearance."

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TARC 6 Episode 6 "Smells Like Sweat and Fun" 8/7/18
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »
Saved.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 08:49:06 AM »
Saved.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 08:49:48 AM »
Saved for timeline

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 08:50:09 AM »
Saved.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 08:50:27 AM »
Saved.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »
Caps.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:16:49 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:15 AM »
Caps.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:21:27 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:49 AM »
Caps.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:26:19 PM by Alenaveda »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 08:59:07 AM »
Moved my post down below:

So it looks like a dancing vs coffee making detour, Chevrolet stuffing task at Yonge-Dundas Square being the rb and ofc the U-turn being at the Monkey's Paw. Also saw teams running into City Hall, not sure what that was for, but I would assume that teams picked up their first clue for the leg there.

So that means the detour came after the rb (as teams were searching for directions to Monkey's Paw after the RB) and it also means the U turn happens before the teams even attempt the detour  :groan:

Also, the U turn location is out of the city core, while all the tasks appear to be in the downtown. Appears to be an odd choice for the location of the U turn (however, it might be to prevent spoilers, as it was indoors).

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 01:34:20 PM »
They are really featuring the TTC in this. Explains a lot of the sightings we had that day. If I remember correctly, the Toroto sightings began with a sighting in the west end on the TTC, which took us unaware. I am sure it is the reason behind the U-Turn board location and distance to the Detour tasks, although Martina and Phil hailed a cab from the coffee shop. I've got to presume they were on their way to the Pitstop from there.

Don't forget, this was filmed THE SAME DAY as Stratford. What a long, long day for them all!!! AND US!  :zz:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
This may be the third leg in Toronto they've done, but from the preview it really looks like it's gonna be the best one.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »
The preview is already on the website:

Nancy/Melissa and Dylan/Kwame get out of the metro at the same, and they search for the library, to get to the U-Turn.
Dylan passes in front, but Kwame and the girls go inside.... Dylan might be too late.  :funny:

I wonder if the girls will have the guts to U-Turn them right in their faces... They have been building up the rivalry this last episode...
https://www.ctv.ca/The-Amazing-Race-Canada/Video/S6E6-Sneak-Peek-Those-Little-Twerps-vid1450924

So for this leg it's probably something like:

Drop the car somewhere (Maybe City Hall)
Roadblock with the cars
U-Turn board in the Library
Detour
Then directly pitstop? or maybe an extra Route Info /Task before

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
Tv-eh posted about their behind the scenes look at Leg 5.

http://www.tv-eh.com/2018/07/31/amazing-race-canada-sprinting-in-stratford/

Included was this video, which shows Taylor & Courtney reading their first clue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMRQkOtuRXM

Teams have to go to the observation deck of Toronto city hall and search for their next clue (I'm assuming at Yonge-Dundas Square and they have $550).

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 03:11:53 PM »
They are really featuring the TTC in this. Explains a lot of the sightings we had that day. If I remember correctly, the Toroto sightings began with a sighting in the west end on the TTC, which took us unaware. I am sure it is the reason behind the U-Turn board location and distance to the Detour tasks, although Martina and Phil hailed a cab from the coffee shop. I've got to presume they were on their way to the Pitstop from there.

Don't forget, this was filmed THE SAME DAY as Stratford. What a long, long day for them all!!! AND US!  :zz:

Do you remember which station? Or was it the Landsdowne one?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 01:11:31 AM »
Big cities legs are always AMAZING! <3333333333

This has been SUCH a good season and I can't WAIT for more!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »

Do you remember which station? Or was it the Landsdowne one?

I can't find it now and I do not remember the station. I remember it being further west and close enough to the UP line for me to consider they were headed to Pearson and not Yonge-Dundas at all. Perhaps Islington or Kipling??? I must have missed posting once those Yonge-Dundas videos flooded our sightings. I now suspect they had to park their cars and take the TTC.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 10:05:30 AM »
The UP Line doesn't stop at either of those stops, in fact the only stop connected to the TTC is at Union. There is a stop close to Dundas West station, which is relatively close to Landsdowne.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 11:28:12 AM »
The UP Line doesn't stop at either of those stops, in fact the only stop connected to the TTC is at Union. There is a stop close to Dundas West station, which is relatively close to Landsdowne.

Yes I realized that at the time, but in my mind/trying to figure it out, I was thinking they could run there.  :duno: :funny:
I just watched the preview at the end of the episode again and it does look like they drive to City Hall, and Martina and Phil don't know what the TTC is until they r done at Yonge-Dundas???

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 12:27:29 PM »
I think the title quote is from a racer right after receiving their clue at the pitstop in Stratford, my guess is Nancy.

Also realized this will be the first Toronto leg with a detour and roadblock. Previous episodes have had just a detour or roadblock(s)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:33:00 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 04:26:46 PM »
Caps are up!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 04:40:00 PM »
3-4 are teams driving in front of the Shearton Hotel, which is right in front of City Hall. So it does look like teams ditched their cars there, but where?

6- Shows a train heading to Finch Station, which likely means teams got on at Dundas Station (line 1), got off at Bloor-Yonge and then switched to line 2 and headed west to Landsdowne. However, iirc some teams went the other way which would be to go south from Dundas to St. George station and then switch to line 2 to head west to Landsdowne.

TTC subway map: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/TTC_subway_map_2018.png

72-73, I wonder where that is from? I don't think we had any night time sightings, and they look happy as well?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 05:09:10 PM »
Is 31-42 a gay club? Looks like the LGBT rainbow on the floor.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 05:25:12 PM »
Bam. El Convento Rico. The floor and room look like a match.

https://www.blogto.com/bars/elconventorico/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:34:49 PM by Maanca »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 08:07:27 AM »
3-4 are teams driving in front of the Shearton Hotel, which is right in front of City Hall. So it does look like teams ditched their cars there, but where?

6- Shows a train heading to Finch Station, which likely means teams got on at Dundas Station (line 1), got off at Bloor-Yonge and then switched to line 2 and headed west to Landsdowne. However, iirc some teams went the other way which would be to go south from Dundas to St. George station and then switch to line 2 to head west to Landsdowne.

TTC subway map: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/TTC_subway_map_2018.png

72-73, I wonder where that is from? I don't think we had any night time sightings, and they look happy as well?

Wasn't the sighting of Martina and Phil at the coffee shop at night? Around 8 or 9-ish? And they do say in that clip they were u-turned again.
Maybe Nancy & Mellisa are happy because they weren't u-turned or they did it to someone else???