Author Topic: TARC 6 Episode 5 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread!  (Read 3030 times)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 6 Episode 5 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread!
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:01:09 PM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!
It's a BUSY day in the TAR community, I know! But if you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. 

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 7:40 P.M. Eastern.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 6 Episode 5 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
Ingersoll and Stratford, Ontario

1. Taylor & Courtney - Trip to London, England
2. Courtney & Adam
3. Martina & Phil
4. Dylan & Kwame
5. Nancy & Mellisa
6. Leanne & Mar
7. Zainab & Monica - Keep Racing

Next week - Toronto. Another U-Turn

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »
From Memory :

Teams land in Pearson, find clue in their car, then need to drive to Ingersoll
Like we saw 4 teams go to Oshawa, and that puts them more than 2 hours behind but....
Signup sheet in Ingersoll

Order: (5 minutes between each team)

1) Taylor & Courtney
2) Dylan & Kwame
3) Phil & Martina
4) Adam & Courtney
5) Nancy & Melissa
6) Leanne & Mar
7) Zainab & Monica

Task: Route info, must assemble a car door, 19 steps...

Team leave in the following order: Pretty much the same order, T&C forgot to attach the wire to the mirror

1) Dylan & Kwame (-1)
2) Adam & Courtney (-2)
3) Phil & Martina (same)
4) Taylor & Courtney  (-3)
5) Nancy & Melissa
6) Leanne & Mar
7) Zainab & Monica

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 09:06:20 PM »
Going to Stratford Festival auditorium, on the way Dylan & Kwame and Leanne & Mar get lost

Roadblock: Who's ready to give it a fighting chance (or something like that)
Must learn a choreography of scene sword fight.

Order of arrival to roadblock, and finish in the same order

1) Phil & Martina
2) Adam & Courtney
3) Taylor & Courtney
4) Dylan & Kwame
5) Nancy & Melissa
6) Zainab & Monica
7) Leanne & Mar (arrive after the first 3 teams are already gone)

Detour: Use paddleboat and find 6 cards to find puzzle or do 10 box of chocolat/jelly candy (attention to detail)

Phil&Martina/Adam&Courtney/Zainab&Monica do the candy
Taylor&Courtney/Dylan&Kwame/Nancy&Melissa/Leanne&Mar do Boat

Both clue is only a piece of paper/the puzzle that say: Queen of the Square (no other info, just that)

Team finish the detour go to City Hall (which is also called Queen of the Square) in this order

1) Taylor & Courtney (they quickly find Queen of the, but thing it's Green, but they ask someone and find the answer)
2) Phil & Martina
3) Adam & Courtney
4) Dylan & Kwame (they actually never figure out the answer....they just followed Nancy & Melissa downtown and are told by
     people nearbye that they saw teams go in the city hall/Queen of the Square
5) Nancy & Melissa (by asking help at a tourist information center)
6) Leanne & Mar (by asking people for help, a little girl found the answer for them)
7) Zainab & Monica

ALL the teams (Except Zainab & Monica but it might have been editing) didn't have their backpack because they didn't know it was the pitstop.

KEEP ON RACING, no one is out!

This leg was ok.. not as good as last weeks. The tasks were good, but maybe the roadblock was too easy.
Also i was a bit annoyed that all team who did the boat got help from outside. They should have been held in a room where they could not contact the outside world. Would have make it more exciting..

And it really sucked how Dylan & Kwame got to the pitstop without ever completing the detour...

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:34:19 PM by stunami »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »
Totally got deja-vu from that Hamilton episode because of the To-Be-Continued in Ontario.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 01:21:45 AM »
Keep-On-Racing Leg!  :snicker:

Zaniab & Monica survive! <33333  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Toronto next. Fav Canadian city <33333

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 03:14:49 AM »
I love Zainab and Monica. So happy they survived <33  :cheer:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 04:26:00 AM »
I am conflicted.

Did appreciate the attempt of confusion, at the start of the leg, but other than causing some placement shifts (which would mostly happen anyway with everyone arriving from the same flight), the HOO with sign-up sheet, meant that getting lost at this part of the leg, still meant very little time difference for teams who managed to arrive early, to the ones who were mistaken and arrived late. Yet, I am happy that this did help keep Leanne & Mar, who are among my favorites in the game.

Another Chevrolet sponsored task, but much more interesting than the last one, with focus to attention to detail.

Did enjoy the detour options, a physical (looked faster) option with a puzzle element, and a less physical one, but also needed attention to detail.

Intrigued by what is happening next leg.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 04:49:14 AM »
There was some potential in that leg, with the different locations at the start where they could go wrong (but it was an overnight stop) and maybe the part that worked best trying to sort out the clue for the location.  I wish they'd balanced the difficulty of the detours so both teams at either detour had to do it. 

Of course they can just use the internet to find somewhere now but some of them mixed up the clues, maybe if they kept them in order of collection it would have worked quicker, though that wasn't clear.  It wasn't that many words to switch around or interpret but panic managed to get into several teams.  When teams are looking within a small area you can get them following each other or just being told where other teams have gone, so one of them at least got lucky there.

I was glad that the one that overpracticed didn't finish last as she just assumed you had to do it precisely and quickly when clearly you didn't have to.  Both this and the car door fitting didn't seem that hard, or judged that hard.

The surprise pit stop had a little extra drama with racing back for their bags.  I thought you didn't always need your bags at the pit stop, maybe because it was a continuing leg?  Viewers were hidden from the continuing nature of the leg along with the last team, though whenever you get the host sidetracking into some conversation about it being a tough day it's easy to tell immediately that it's a non elimination of some kind.  I'd rather a brief pause before announcing it as that for a quicker reaction.

CocoNuts

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2018, 05:57:51 AM »
Toronto next. Fav Canadian city <33333

proof your are not Canadian LOL Not saying Toronto is bad and all it's just there's so much more to canada!

So I loved this leg!!

Surprise Pitstop YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Keep on Racing YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Public Helping Teams YASSSSSSSSSSS
2 close finishes YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Tension Building Between Dyland and Kwame and Nancy and Melissa YASSSSSSSSSSSS
Toronto Leg Next BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Happy to see two difficult detour options!!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 06:33:10 AM »
I actually loved the "traps" on this leg, lol. 4 teams ending up in Oshawa 2 hours in the wrong direction, and then the surprise Pit Stop to catch everyone without their backpacks.

Gra1162

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 07:47:12 AM »
Leanne and Mar struggling this leg UGH  :groan:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 08:42:37 AM »
This leg was quite good! All the tasks had more than one element too them, which made it harder for teams.

Also, I am pretty sure I saw a photo with all seven team members not doing the RB sitting at the theatre in Stratford (and now I cannot find it anywhere). However, during the episode, it was clearly indicated that not all seven teams were there at the same time. ???

Also, the next looks promising, and hopefully it delivers.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 12:53:24 PM »
Leg 5

I thought that it was a good episode. I liked the idea of fake outs and the clues not being straight forward. While the assembly plant was an HOO, teams that correctly figured out the correct location were given a time advantage. The clue at the end of the Detour made no mention of the Pit Stop, so I liked that teams were thrown off guard. We got a lot of placement shifts and plenty of fake outs over who would finish first and last. After flying to and from Jakarta, this was also a good spot to put a KOR.

Martina's recipe analogy.  :funny:

The side glance Nancy & Mellisa's judge gave to the camera.  :funny:

"I'm dying." 5 seconds later...Dies  :funny:

Assembly: Pretty intricate task.
Sword: I'm an avid fencer (foil not sabre, which was used in the episode), so I have a personal bias towards this task though some of those bouts were cringeworthy. Overall I enjoyed it.
Pedal: Easy task to jump ahead or fall behind on. The fact that Dylan and Kwame stumbled onto the Pit Stop by luck without having to solve the puzzle does detract from this task.
Package: A tedious task, but I liked that there wasn't an ongoing demonstration that way teams could figure out on their own that they had a tool to speed up packaging. Also liked the stickers tripping up teams as well.

4/5

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 12:58:28 PM »
TARC really needs a strong casting department, cause at these subpar legs only the cast carries them.
2 Assembly lines tasks in the same leg :|
the Stratford upon Avon boating task had no substance to it, other than solving the emoji rebus (cringe.)
The roadblock was good, but it was ANOTHER Choreography oriented task (and as you can see in the sneak peek there is another dancing task in Ontario :|) and it could've been made harder.
The overwhelming number of product placement we've had so far.
You can already sense they're running out of tasks to do within Canada.

Thank the lord the cast is carrying this season <3
Nancy & Mel <3 and Martina & Phil <3
Leg 4's u-turn was pretty decent so I'm looking forward to Leg 6, even though it's in the most generic Canadian city. Seriously, if they wanted to spend another leg in Ontario they could've visited Kitchener instead.

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 04:17:29 PM »
TARC really needs a strong casting department, cause at these subpar legs only the cast carries them.
2 Assembly lines tasks in the same leg :|
the Stratford upon Avon boating task had no substance to it, other than solving the emoji rebus (cringe.)
The roadblock was good, but it was ANOTHER Choreography oriented task (and as you can see in the sneak peek there is another dancing task in Ontario :|) and it could've been made harder.
The overwhelming number of product placement we've had so far.
You can already sense they're running out of tasks to do within Canada.

Thank the lord the cast is carrying this season <3
Nancy & Mel <3 and Martina & Phil <3
Leg 4's u-turn was pretty decent so I'm looking forward to Leg 6, even though it's in the most generic Canadian city. Seriously, if they wanted to spend another leg in Ontario they could've visited Kitchener instead.

In Toronto they can do so much more, so I'm expecting them to come here a couple more times... they can come to Casa Loma, CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Lakeshore, Wonderland, BMO field, and much more  ( I know wonderlands in Vaughan buts it's not that far ) they just have to find the right tasks, which IMO they are lacking at a bit, but another great season so far.