Author Topic: TARC 6 Episode 3 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread  (Read 6951 times)

Gra1162

Re: TARC 6 Episode 3 LIVE UPDATES and Discussion Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 08:50:39 PM »
WOW they burned all three express passes what a waste  :groan:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 09:06:21 PM »
Can understand why 2 EPs were used on the pie task, but did N/M really get flustered to the point where they had to use theirs on the fairy doors?

Not really surprised with the results. They're nice guys but never seemed like strong racers.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 09:11:27 PM »
Can understand why 2 EPs were used on the pie task, but did N/M really get flustered to the point where they had to use theirs on the fairy doors?

Not really surprised with the results. They're nice guys but never seemed like strong racers.

Who knows, maybe they might have missed the ferry had they not used the ep.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 09:11:36 PM »
And just like that 3 EPs are gone...
Not sad that they are gone from the game, but mostly annoyed about how they were used.

Such a weird leg design. Not sure how to feel about another double RB leg, without a Detour and we have yet to see a Face-Off this season. Liked that my favorite team won the leg, yet this has been my least favorite leg of the season so far.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 11:28:22 PM »
The earliest appearance of a Face-Off is the fifth episode, incidentally its very first appearance.

That was rather disappointing compared not just to the first two legs, but also the Victoria and Tofino visits: as neat as the avian knotting RB was, it still wasn't worth everything else.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »
Wasting EPs on a pie eating challenge? Seriously?  :groan:

And whattttt, $620???? WOW, TARC is RICH!

Todd & Anna being a dominant force <3333333

Joesph & Akash :(

Can't wait to watch this full episode!  :conf: :cheer: :woohoo:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2018, 06:26:45 AM »
This leg was terrible leg desgin

CocoNuts

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2018, 06:46:24 AM »
I think we should have gotten a dt on Salt Spring Island then head to Duncan for RB and Knot ARI maybe?? IDK this leg just felt awkward.... They shouldn't have went back to BC in the first place! INTL would have worked for this leg! Hopefully the Jakarta Leg is better than what it looked in the preview!!!

Favorite Leg so far: Leg-2 (Dawson City, YT)
Favorite team so far: Taylor and Courtney (who I think will dominate the rest of the race!)

If u thibk about it, Nancy and Melissa would have been eliminated without the express pass!!

Gra1162

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »
Yeah if Nancy and Mel didn't use it it would be Courtney and Meghan all over agian

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2018, 08:17:34 AM »
Martina was TV gold at the pie eating :D

Sounds like Mellisa was thinking of the halter hitch instead of the falconer's knot. They're apparently similar with a small difference.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:47:46 AM by Maanca »

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2018, 08:43:37 AM »
All the express passes gone, great.  Those using it at the very first task just didn't want to feel ill I guess.  In retrospect using it at the knot roadblock at the end would have been best if in any trouble.  But I understood the express pass at the fairy door task, if all other teams have gone you can't depend on there being an equalising task ahead.

The knot roadblock was easily the hardest part, the others seemed relatively processional.  I'd rather have the toughest part last.  The racing car task could have been good, but the time to beat seemed too easy.  The eliminated team seemed to go around slowly and yet still made the time.  The fairy door task could have been harder for teams at the back as the easier ones may have been picked up already.  At first when I saw the speed bump I thought it would be hard, but they didn't have to remember anything as the tasting was at the same point as the labeling, and the tastes seemed clear enough.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:00:18 AM by Musicon »

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 09:10:15 AM »
And just like that 3 EPs are gone...
Not sad that they are gone from the game, but mostly annoyed about how they were used.

Such a weird leg design. Not sure how to feel about another double RB leg, without a Detour and we have yet to see a Face-Off this season. Liked that my favorite team won the leg, yet this has been my least favorite leg of the season so far.

A detour at the start where people could have fled the eating task would have changed things.  Though using the express passes at least meant we saw less people vomiting.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »
Idk how to feel about this leg.

I mean, that pie task was so stupidly easy yet it caused so much chaos, it was hilarious. I mean, I didn't expect the express passes to be washed away by 2 pies, but I'd be winded too if I had to eat an entire pie and run a leg.

Another Chevrolet sponsored car-circuit task *sigh* I didn't mind it but meh, too lenient of a time frame and only 1 team messed up.
The raptor task was also easy, but it was definitely the factor of a deadly bird of prey sitting on your arm and a 15 second time limit that caused teams to crack.
Didn't expect Joseph & Akash to fall flat on that roadblock, but oh well. Didn't really like them as such so I won't miss them, but thank them for their service to those in need <3

I'm praying for the Indonesia leg to be good!! A Blind u-turn ahead, can't wait.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2018, 08:16:16 PM »
Leg 3

I guess we have a new leg 3 curse. :lol: I wasn't sure what to think when watching the episode live, but after rewatching this was definitely the weakest of the 3 legs. It didn't feel as fun as leg 2 or as competitive as leg 1. When you compare this leg to the TAR 29 Dar es Salam, TARUS did it much better despite both having a mid-leg ferry. When the show incorporates this type of leg design, you have to have either a very hard task or really great teams. TAR 29 had both. TARC's RBs weren't as hard as the ladle task and the teams aren't standouts so far. I like them all but I only have a couple of standouts, so that weakens the episode.

Joseph & Akash get lost while driving to the airport on literally one road.  :funny:
Wild boar Martina  :funny:
Martina naming dogs after cars.  :funny:
"Yelling my name doesn't make the mat any closer."  :funny:
Martina is the absolute best this season
Show content
and she'll get the sewing task that she wanted

Salt: Seemed hard when described but Z/M made it look easy.
Pie: Always like when teams have to eat a large amount of food. Can understand why 2 EPs were used.
Fairy Door: Nice location, but not much to say.
Corvette: This task and the ferry killed the momentum of the leg. Really easy aside from Courtney's mistake, and it doesn't help that only one team could do it at at time.
Knot: Better RB, but Akash was really the only person who struggled to the point of dropping his team's placement significantly.

Hoping that the Blind Double U-Turn shakes things up and the fact that it's blind will make teams less afraid to use it due to their hero status. International legs usually deliver & we're getting an underused city in Jakarta.

2/5

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2018, 09:00:39 PM »
i agree that this leg is the weakest so far. I wish they did all tasks on Salt Spring Island, and i feel like we've seen so many ferries this season lol.. Glad that we have new winner in this leg, but sad Joseph and Akash eliminated. Can't wait for Jakarta leg, i don't really like the preview, but hopefully the leg will deliver

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »
First of all, I just do not understand why they didn't do the Startline in Victoria, then go to Salt Spring Island instead of Squamish for leg 1. I suppose the Saturday Market on Salt Spring had something to do with it, but why not just start filming on the 20th?

After watching the leg a second time, I don't think it was as weak as I did the first time, but it was still disappointing to me. Why didn't they stay on the island?  :groan: I've been to Salt Spring and it's beautiful. I'm conflicted about the pie eating task. On one hand, I think they could have designed a better market task - it's such a fun place. Or they could have highlighted the arts community.  :duno: On the other hand, I think it was hilarious. I also think people didn't catch the fact that they were made to run through the forest and up the hill - after having eaten a whole pie.

Speaking of Mount Erskine, people leave those fairy doors along the path all the time. I don't think they expained that?????

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 08:37:48 AM »
First of all, I just do not understand why they didn't do the Startline in Victoria, then go to Salt Spring Island instead of Squamish for leg 1. I suppose the Saturday Market on Salt Spring had something to do with it, but why not just start filming on the 20th?

After watching the leg a second time, I don't think it was as weak as I did the first time, but it was still disappointing to me. Why didn't they stay on the island?  :groan: I've been to Salt Spring and it's beautiful. I'm conflicted about the pie eating task. On one hand, I think they could have designed a better market task - it's such a fun place. Or they could have highlighted the arts community.  :duno: On the other hand, I think it was hilarious. I also think people didn't catch the fact that they were made to run through the forest and up the hill - after having eaten a whole pie.

Speaking of Mount Erskine, people leave those fairy doors along the path all the time. I don't think they expained that?????

I completely agree on your first point... sometimes I don't understand production... Why not save money and do it the logical way?
It would have made sense to start leg 1 in Saltspring Island, do leg 2 in Yukon, and then leg 3 Squamish... anyway...

it's a bit like last season: Why start in Newfoundland, travel ALL the way to Vancouver for leg 1, and then go back to Newfoundland later in the race. It would have been so much more logical to start somewhere with a direct flight, in a province not visited on that season (like Winnipeg or Whitehorse).

As for the leg, I liked it! I feel like the pie eating task was fun because you don't need skills and it's very difficult for teams that usually do well. The speedbump was good but I would have done it as two stations to make it more complicated. The fairy task was cute, and the car task was also fun (but it looked too easy, maybe have them do it in 2:50 (some of them did it under that). I loved the last roadblock also, it was hard enough that we good some placement shift.
Overall maybe not as fun as last week's leg, but a good leg.