Author Topic: TARCAN 6 Episode 2 - LIVE SHOW UPDATES & Discussion Thread  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
IMPORTANT!

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL contain spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.  :oh 

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

There should be a live stream posted in an RFF members separate LIVE STREAM thread.  We are still checking it out weekly, right now what we have is LIVE and LIVE + ONE HOUR. But do note that these links have been iffy. Delayed ways to watch are added the following day.

Since some can not watch LIVE,  PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted in the contestant threads for 24 hrs from show airing to give everyone a chance to watch later. Comments here are of course welcome.We will post info on ways to watch later in the same thread as the LIVE Links .

And do remember>>NO future spoilers ever!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TARCAN 6 Episode 2 - LIVE SHOW UPDATES & Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 07:42:31 PM »
So sorry I can't update!

Enjoy the episode everyone! It looks FANTASIC!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
1-Todd & Anna. Trip for 2 to south of France
2-Nancy & Mellisa
3-Taylor & Courtney
4-Leanne & Mar
5-Dylan & Kwame
6-Martina & Phil
7-Courtney & Adam
8-Joseph & Akash
9 and Non-Elimination-Zainab & Monica

Next week: Back to BC, Salt Spring Island

CocoNuts

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 09:03:12 PM »
I love the secnery in Dawson City!! So old and rustic. I thought to myself "they must have not gotten anything new since the gold rush"!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:08:15 PM »
They take pride in preserving it. Apparently there's rules that buildings downtown must look a certain way.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan is the same way. Which I love about that place :)

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
This episode alone was funnier than the entirety of last season!

So happy that the cute couple won the leg and claimed an EP with the other two going to the premiere's top two, as well as the remaining F/F getting spared a la Kate/Kelly!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:46:58 PM »
Let's see you have a frantic search in Dawson City, Leanne & Mar stumbling into a cemetery and finding an Express Pass, and the entirety of the Dance Detour along with its judge, yes I agree this was a hilarious episode.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 11:43:27 PM »
Much respect for Martina & Phil. Haven't seen the full episode yet, but in one of the clips up on YouTube, she gave her backpack to a homeless guy on the street.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »
Yay, they turned the lights on in the title card!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:18:01 AM by dryedmangoez »

Gra1162

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 05:41:46 AM »
Much respect for Martina & Phil. Haven't seen the full episode yet, but in one of the clips up on YouTube, she gave her backpack to a homeless guy on the street.
Oh my

CocoNuts

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 06:50:42 AM »
This leg would be a 8/10 for me! Tough tasks, funny moments, great detour judge at dance, and a good sponsor task!! That's what I love about TAR Canada! The challenges with sponsors!! It's so cool that teams win prizes from doing tasks!! Like the teen driving or woods tent! Love it!!!

Taylor and Courtney are by far my pick to win! I really like them! I love Martina and Phil too! From them I'm getting like 4th place vibes caouse they seem like underdogs like Simi and Ope!!

Hoping for a good leg next leg!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 07:07:37 AM »
The leg was quite good, a little cringey at times but the funny moments made me overlook those. The leg setting was great and the pit-stop looked breath-taking. I'm glad for each team that stumbled onto an EP and that the leg was ultimately a NEL.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 08:24:32 AM »
An interesting leg design, without RBs, as there were double RBs in the 1st leg.
- An attention to detail building task that people could either excel or get left behind.
- Loved the search for coin task, especially for spreading the spots around, so we had teams running around, and the way the EPs were spread was also better.

Loving both the sibling teams, they are my favorites.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 08:37:46 AM »
Great leg! Glad all 3 Express Passes didn't fall into the hands of one team again. They went to the right ones, imo.

When Jon said this was the northernmost leg, I thought Iqaluit was. Nope, Dawson is by just a little.

Only complaint about this leg: They didn't do the town's famous sourtoe cocktail. Would have been a perfect gross-out kind of Roadblock.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 10:49:39 AM »
Episode 2

Thought the premiere was decent, and I thought that Leg 2 was an improvement. We didn't get a Roadblock this leg but it does make sense considering the geocaching task took up most of the time and locations they could have used. Did not expect a NEL this early, so I was shocked to see Zainab & Monica spared. The episode ended without showing Zainab & Monica finishing Chance, so usually that indicates that the last place team will be eliminated.

Phil & Martina giving their backpack to a man who's homeless in Vancouver.  :2hearts:
Dawson City is such a quaint little city.
Todd & Anna absolutely dominated, so they impressed me.

Woods: Nice way to start the leg. Tents had many small details that tripped up teams.
Gold Rush: The geocaching task was crazy. It was a nice way to showcase the city, teams were running frantically around the city, and thankfully the Express Passes were found by different teams unlike last season so that's an improvement.
Dance: Absolutely hilarious. Both the dance and the judge were so much fun to watch.  :funny:
Chance: Harder than it would seem. Many teams seemed stressed to the point where they could forget small details.

TARC is off to a good start 2 legs in, and Leg 3 looks like it might continue that.

4/5

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 11:13:49 AM »
2 episodes in and this season is infinitely better than TARCan 5.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »
Leg 2 did feel better for me.  I liked that there were some mental challenges there, though was the blackjack really that hard?  I think they could see all the cards in front of them.  Because of the emphasis on how hard that was I suspected it might be on a non-elimination and I was glad it was.  The last place team seem to have a bit more character than some of them.  The shouters are obviously a bit different as well, though they likely aren't among the more popular teams.

The attention to detail task has been seen plenty of times but they had to put a tent up as well, one even forgetting to bring the tent.  I like navigation tasks so that was ok too, one team at least had to go up a hill to get something.  Though it's hard to depict that as well in a one hour episode with all the navigation involved.  And the dancing task mixed physical and mental, though after the first attempt they are probably judged easier which could reduce the drama.

Three express passes I don't like, even 2 has been too many for me.  And the first two seemed to be picked up very quickly and more by chance (and simply being at the front) than anyone having to really go out of their way to get them.  Express passes reduce suspense as three teams now have an easy get out if they struggle in a task. 

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »
And the first two seemed to be picked up very quickly and more by chance (and simply being at the front) than anyone having to really go out of their way to get them. 

To put it in perspective, both the post office and the cultural center were 300 meters away from the bank. Whereas the cemetery was a half-kilometer hike uphill from the cabin, which was a kilometer away from the bank.

I liked that there were some mental challenges there, though was the blackjack really that hard?

I think that you also have to add the stress of team trying to avoid last place, and the judge called teams out for even minor mistakes like misspeaking.

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »
Why did teams receive $350 for this leg? They self drove everywhere.
The only things I can think of are:
1. They had to pay the flights themselves, but then $350 does not sound like much for two persons
2. They had to use it to pay for a hotel room in Whitehorse (assuming that is where they spent the night)

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »
They had to use the $350 for gas for the pickup trucks  :funny: it's $1.30 Cdn/litre in Dawson City, but that's cheap compared to Vancouver prices nearing $1.60/litre  :'(

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
It's not something I've looked into, but maybe they give teams some extra money in the early legs so they have it later on if they need it for unexpected expenses. Traffic tickets, emergency clothing or shoe replacements, eating meals in airports, ripoff cab drivers and the like.