Author Topic: TAR 32 Pre-Race MEDIA  (Read 69482 times)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 32 Pre-Race MEDIA
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »
So long as TAR is continuing, I won't be bothered by whatever gimmick they wish to use.

I can't support this. I would rather have TAR end that continuing with these stupid gimmicks to ruining something what used to be good franchise.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
then they can actually CHOSE which season to air first. 31 or 32...they'll have TWO to chose from and airing order could turn out differently from filming order. Just saying....

Has this ever happened before? Never even though of it as being a possibility.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »
then they can actually CHOSE which season to air first. 31 or 32...they'll have TWO to chose from and airing order could turn out differently from filming order. Just saying....

It happened with Survivor a few years ago, whic aired the second filmed season first, but not with TAR. But TAR did air three seasons almost literally back to back to back
-- theschnauzers

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2018, 07:03:56 PM »
I would rather have TAR end that continuing with these stupid gimmicks to ruining something what used to be good franchise.

Gra1162

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »

It happened with Survivor a few years ago, whic aired the second filmed season first, but not with TAR. But TAR did air three seasons almost literally back to back to back
Which season ???

CocoNuts

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 07:35:45 PM »

Which season ???

Koah Rong was filmed before Second Chance

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 07:29:45 AM »
I would rather have TAR end that continuing with these stupid gimmicks to ruining something what used to be good franchise.

Sad but I agree 100%.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

CocoNuts

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »

Sad but I agree 100%.

I'm fine with gimmicks as long as there are entertaining contestants, awesome locations, and difficult tasks.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 08:44:11 AM »

Sad but I agree 100%.

I'm fine with gimmicks as long as there are entertaining contestants, awesome locations, and difficult tasks.
I loved the gimmicks of 26 and 29 where they did the never met before. Both of those seasons were great imo. I didn't like the 28 gimmick of already famous people. though it did become a good race near the end.  So i'm good with gimmicks as long as the racers always take it serious.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 09:36:09 AM »

Sad but I agree 100%.

I loved the gimmicks of 26 and 29 where they did the never met before. Both of those seasons were great imo. I didn't like the 28 gimmick of already famous people. though it did become a good race near the end.  So i'm good with gimmicks as long as the racers always take it serious.

And I am the opposite! 26 and 29 are the 2 worst seasons of the Race. If they ever do something similar, I might not watch that season. The "pre-existing relationship" format is the most important aspect of TAR.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 10:10:59 AM »
To me, the core of the race is taking people outside their normal lives, and having them experience new places, new cultures, and new adventures.  It's about taking people outside themselves to see the beauty this world has to offer.  In turn, it then gives us the chance to experience these things through the eyes of the contestants.

This race is a showcase of what the world has to offer- I don't care who they pick to experience it, so long as it's exciting and beautiful.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
To me, the core of the race is taking people outside their normal lives, and having them experience new places, new cultures, and new adventures.  It's about taking people outside themselves to see the beauty this world has to offer.  In turn, it then gives us the chance to experience these things through the eyes of the contestants.

This race is a showcase of what the world has to offer- I don't care who they pick to experience it, so long as it's exciting and beautiful.

:amen:

I am just thankful we still have this show after all these years.  Good cast or bad cast, it is still much better than a lot of the crap on our TV screens these days.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:30 AM »
Ugh.
I don't care about who are participating in the race, imo, if you're a true fan of a show you'll keep up with it in its highs and lows. I despised JD of TAR 27 , But that didn't mean I boycotted the entire season. TAR 29 Had such a bland cast (actually they did get more interesting by the end) and such stupidly boring tasks, and I hated it. But still I watched it. It bored me, but I still watched it.
The crux of my opinion is that I hope everybody actually watches TAR 32 regardless of whether it has a gimmick or not, with an open mind and a tolerant heart. Believe me, I think the theme behind TAR 31 is so cringeworthy, but it's not enough for me to break down and whine "OMG! Such a stupid cast! I hate it! I'm never gonna watch TAR again!". I'm still gonna go into the season looking forward to new set of locations with tough tasks and a fun set of episodes. Period.

Now, back to discussing about the pre-race media... which I believe has come to a total standstill? Not heard/seen from L. Spillman's social media so far. 

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 11:39:43 AM »
I don't care about who are participating in the race, imo, if you're a true fan of a show you'll keep up with it in its highs and lows.

I don't think so. I'm not going to start a "fight" about who's more a fan because of what, but I think a true fan wouldn't be happy when they change that many things of the show that you love that much. I felt in love with the old TAR seasons, and I don't think it needs that many changes. Everybody wants the old seasons back, why are they doing all the contrary? lol
As somebody said before, I think the pre-existing relationship is one of the most important things of TAR, and we can't see that with strangers paired up randomly.
I liked season 26 and 29, but I missed so many things on those seasons.

But, as you said, I'll always continue watching TAR no matter what until the day it ends, which I hope it's in a loooooooong future. xD
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »
In my opinion, I'm alright with one or two teams of strangers. If they pick the right people, seeing a potential new relationship grow can be just as exciting as seeing teams with pre-existing relationships. But I also agree that the teams with pre-existing relationships should be the majority of teams cast for TAR.
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 08:19:48 PM »
Back to MEDIA discussion please...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Having two seasons in the bag confirmed by the media can only be seen as having full confidence in the future of TAR

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »
It's been a long time since they've been to Austrailia/Oceania. Hopefully, they go there this time because they usually spend more time in time in the place that happens to be in Spring/Summer

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
CBS updated their TAR casting page

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 08:22:04 AM »
So casting finals are supposed to happen this month/early august.

Did you have some new info, georgiapeach? Or is "normal" season still happening?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 04:01:24 AM »
Phil changed his cover photo for Facebook, and it is a photo of a finish line.
Yet, I did not remember it to be any of the previous 30 finish lines  :duno:?
Could it be 31's?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
It's the Pittock Mansion from TAR 13.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »
Didn't think so. The final city in TAR31 doesn't have hills like the one in the background.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2018, 06:39:34 PM »
Jodi Wincheski from casting just posted this on her facebook:

"Looking for Middle Eastern men who could be in a James Bond movie for a competition reality show. Must live the US but can have permanent resident, green card or certain visa's if not American. Age 25+. Would love to get emails with a picture or social media link, location, age, job, contact info. You will be competing in fun challenges for a large cash prize. Fun show! Can't be someone from another US reality show. Feel free to nominate people."

Can this be for TAR32?

I remember her doing same thing when she looked for man with big beard online before TAR29 and then Mike was casted. I also remember when she looked for hot mother/daughter duo before Survivor BvW2. But Survivor isn't casting right now, I think. So what do you think? Is this TAR?

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »
I look middle eastern if I grow out my beard does that count.

But on amazing race casting website it does say you must be a citizen of Uniates states to compete. Don’t know if that counter acts with what she says.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”