Author Topic: TAR 31: FINALE LIVE SIGHTINGS Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 54079 times)

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
https://twitter.com/bananas4eva/status/1014290204314689537
Tykorey still at the plaza. Almost two hours. Took c/c one hour to finish.

Offline MM1924

• RFF Not So Newbie
Tyler just left Hart park:

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
https://twitter.com/bananas4eva/status/1014291661684465664

Tykorey left the plaza (an hour after c/c did), it says 3rd team just arrived there

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
https://twitter.com/fidesvee/status/1014294644992233473

Wait, afghanimals still arent at the plaza yet! People there are still waiting

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
https://twitter.com/bananas4eva/status/1014296296260296704

Theyre taking everything down at the plaza! Wow the afghanimals never came, so production is just gonna let them go directly to the mat maybe?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's a couple of images found on twitter.

Jamal being interviewed after rappelling down the Guardian building from the Detroit Free Press

Freep Enyertainment @FreepEnt
"The Amazing Race" crew is filming scenes on the streets of Detroit, for upcoming season 31. Contestants rappelled down the Guardian Bldg.
1:53 PM - 3 Jul 2018

Tyler and Korey leaving Hart Plaza:

Vanessa Lopez  🦄 🐣 🦄 @fidesvee
15 minutes ago
The cops asked Tyler and koreys cab to move soooo... Now it's back yay
4:36 PM - 3 Jul 2018

Offline MM1924

• RFF Not So Newbie
I met Nicole's parents at Hart plaza. I called her to tell her where the finish line is like me and her discussed. She told me that Afgananimals arrived just a few minutes ago.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 07:09:32 PM by MM1924 »

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
I met Nicole's parents at Hart plaza. I called her to tell her where the finish line is like me and her discussed. She told me that Afgananimals arrived just a few minutes ago.

Arrived where? Hart plaza? Or finish line??

Offline MM1924

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hart Plaza. But I am hearing conflicting things

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hart Plaza. But I am hearing conflicting things

Conflicting things? But it is confirmed that Afghanimals are way behind the other two, right?

Offline MM1924

• RFF Not So Newbie
I am hearing the band is stopping.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Finish Line: Fort Wayne in Detroit

https://twitter.com/bananas4eva
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
IG user sayitisnotso posted a story 4h ago with 3 people visible rappeling down - maybe one is a cameraman. I can't attach the screenshot.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's another tweet from the Detroit Free Press showing the musicians setting up at Hart Plaza. The tweet is Pacific Daylight Time, so the tweets were 3 hours later than shown.

Freep Entertainment @FreepEnt
It's a guitar army at Detroit's Hart Plaza as musicians gather for a mass performance of White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army," filming for "Amazing Race."
11:50 AM - 3 Jul 2018

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A news story just published by the Detroit Free Press:

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/07/03/amazing-race-films-detroit-teams-rappel-down-guardian-building/756955002/

'Amazing Race' films in Detroit; teams rappel down Guardian Building
Brian McCollum, Detroit Free Press Published 7:54 p.m. ET July 3, 2018

As workers streamed out of their downtown Detroit offices for the Independence Day holiday, "The Amazing Race" was just getting started.

Production crews and "Amazing Race" competitors — including some well-known reality-show faces — descended onto the city Tuesday afternoon to shoot for the CBS-TV show's upcoming Season 31.

It was an adventurous day that had teams rappelling down the 36-story Guardian Building, scurrying to assorted spots across the city and eventually dropping into Hart Plaza, where about 100 musicians were gathered for a mass performance of the hometown White Stripes anthem "Seven Nation Army."

The upcoming season of "Amazing Race" is pitting alumni of that show against veterans from the fellow CBS reality series "Survivor" and "Big Brother." Created in 2001, the "Amazing Race" sends contestants on globetrotting adventures, where they take on challenges, solve puzzles and find clues as the competition unfolds.

The show has not previously shot in the Motor City.

Passerby in downtown Detroit were treated to scenes of contestants frantically dashing out of the Guardian Building, quickly convening with their teammates at "The Spirit of Detroit" statue, and hopping into taxicabs for their next destinations.

Competitors spotted downtown Tuesday included Tyler Oakley — the popular Michigan-born YouTube celeb who starred on Season 28 of "Amazing Race" — and Jamal Zadran, a Season 23 alum. Zadran looked glum as he stood helplessly for at least two hours outside the Guardian, waiting for his teammate to emerge while other teams were well off to their next challenges around the city.

At Hart Plaza, about 100 musicians assembled early afternoon amid scorching heat for several hours of "Seven Nation Army" rehearsals. The plaza was gated off for the occasion, leaving curious passerby straining for glimpses within, as the song's familiar riff kicked up again and again.

About 40 singers, 15 drummers and 50 guitarists and bassists were gathered at the riverside plaza.

A music director could be heard asking the musicians to let loose and have fun, but to stick to the metronome and play the song straight.

"I PROMISE TO FOLLOW THE CLICK TRACK," they recited in unison early on.

It wasn't quite the scale organizers had hoped for: The music gathering was organized by Rockin' 1000, an Italian organization that has staged similar big-group performances around the world. A call-out issued last week sought "hundreds" of players for the Detroit event, but Tuesday's turnout clearly fell well short of that mark.

The "Seven Nation Army" shoot was originally targeted for Belle Isle. That plan fell through when the Michigan Department of Natural Resources denied the group's permit, saying they weren't initially informed that hundreds of musicians might be showing up.

Contact Detroit Free Press music writer Brian McCollum: 313-223-4450 or bmccollum@freepress.com.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's some pictures of racers from the Detroit Free Press website, freep.com:

Tyler Oakley running down Larned Street

Colin and Christie tear open a clue

Colin and Christie interpreting the clue

Jamal waiting at the Guardian Building and holding up a clue

Close up of Jamal being interviewed

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's some pictures of the musicians at Hart Plaza from the Detroit Free Press website, freep.com:

Offline Piper

• RFF Jr. Member
Couple of Rockin 1000 rehearsal videos from Hart Plaza.  Singers face forward in one and towards the band in the other.  Note that the special tarp platforms are still there, however, in the Detroit Free Press photos Plaidmoon posted it appears they are drummer platforms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGL1wDKc-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4MLVcujpVY