Author Topic: What RFF actually POSTS and DOES NOT re a TAR SEASON:  (Read 4308 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
What RFF actually POSTS and DOES NOT re a TAR SEASON:
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
I felt this Question was important enough to deserve its own topic.

We have been BLESSED by having well over a 1000 new members joining us here since TAR 31 set off.  :2hearts:

We LOVE spoilers here. No doubt we are all engaged 24/7 in finding every detail about the locations, the tasks, the countries, what we can find.

But RFF believes ALSO in ONE IMPORTANT THING TO NEVER SPOIL.

So for those of you joining us for the first time, here's what you need to know.

Question and Answer below.

hey new to RFF.

question about spoilers post season. obviously there is a lot of conjecture about placements and such because we dont have concrete evidence about placements, but does a bootlist get leaked of all the positions throughout the seasons like in some seasons in survivor, or do we just have to go off sightings info until the show airs?
:welcome: to RFF!

We post what we are able to find. If teams are not visible, we share that, keeping in mind teams have appeared 7 legs after our last sighting!!

What RFF NEVER posts is the FINAL 3 FINISH ORDER  (in other words...who wins!) or an actual "BOOT LIST".

While we are all addicted to spoilers here, we do believe the SHOW is MORE important than the spoilers.

Many of us lived thru Season 11 where the entire race was spoiled . We saw that the show airing suffered significantly from that. No hype, no buzz, no excitement.

Since that time RFF has stood strong in not spoiling the show outcome. The final leg location...of course! Tasks if found, yes! But a BIG NO to spoiling the winners.

TAR has been on a bubble of cancellation. We hope you all will join us in protecting that one final detail to help ensure a Season 31 where we all can look forward to the FINALE and MORE TAR to come!!

Seeing the SHOW live long is the one MOST important thing here. NOT who can post the elimination first.

If you are the one finding something that might reveal the winners, please let one of the admins know and we'll decide together whether it is safe to post. 

Purposefully spoiling the Outcome is a bannable offense. Yes, we feel THAT strongly about it. #TARLove

THANKS to ALL OF YOU joining us on this adventure for understanding!!

:ghug:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: What RFF actually POSTS and DOES NOT re a TAR SEASON:
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
Finally! I've been waiting for this forever.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:25:42 PM »
Great idea Peach!

We watch the show for ENJOYMENT. It's not enjoyable, if you know what happens!

Gra1162

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
Great idea Peach!

We watch the show for ENJOYMENT. It's not enjoyable, if you know what happens!
Yes we need suspense or a cliff hanger if we knew what happens it will be kind of boring to watch

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:46:43 PM »
And sadly adding ONE MORE REMINDER HERE.

NO POSTS or LINKS to POSTS from PRODUCTION EVER.

Please read the LIVE THREAD RULES on page 1.

Thanks!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:48:45 PM »
How can we tell if it's a production post or should we just err on the side of caution if we can't tell?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 10:03:51 PM »
Ask. If you are not sure, ask one of the Detectives.

And don't repost from sites that may not be as careful as we are.

This time you all could have searched the pics. They clearly belonged to Production.

Which is why they were not up here.

Its okay. Stuff happens, we'll move on. Maybe they changed the rules for Production. But unless I KNOW that we will continue to follow the current RFF Rules (see page 1 of the LIVE thread).
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline rainbowkitten

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 10:08:14 PM »
Thank you for your answer. I think asking is definitely the easiest way to avoid the problem for everyone. I've lurked for a long time and just wanted to say I appreciate all that you, the other mods, and all of the detectives do for us. :2hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 10:10:55 PM »
Thank you for your answer. I think asking is definitely the easiest way to avoid the problem for everyone. I've lurked for a long time and just wanted to say I appreciate all that you, the other mods, and all of the detectives do for us. :2hearts:

:tu  We are very very happy to have you all here!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 10:31:52 PM »
Ask. If you are not sure, ask one of the Detectives.

And don't repost from sites that may not be as careful as we are.

This time you all could have searched the pics. They clearly belonged to Production.

Which is why they were not up here.

Its okay. Stuff happens, we'll move on. Maybe they changed the rules for Production. But unless I KNOW that we will continue to follow the current RFF Rules (see page 1 of the LIVE thread).

Mostly anyone that is green is a detective. Says in bio too!!!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »
But please remember that "detective" is just a cute nickname!

RFF is built on the contributions from everyone, new and old, frequent poster or mostly-lurkers! It would never have become mildly successful without everyone chipping in when they can, be it searching for sightings, analysing photos, scouring Google Earth, making educated deductions, or in ways we haven't even thought of yet!

I encourage everyone to jump in when you have something to contribute. There may be a bit of chaos and there's a learning curve, but that's where everyone gets started!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 01:26:39 AM »
:yess:  We value everyone here, and are happy you came.

I had great people holding my hand along the way, would not be here today without them. Had no clue how to search, couldn't post a pic or a link.

We are a TEAM here. We couldn't do it without ALL of you!
RFF's Golden Rule: