Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420551 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1450 on: June 10, 2019, 12:05:46 PM »
A little unfortunate that nobody of the non-TAR teams has yet won a leg. Instead, those teams are dropping like flies :(

Chris & Bret and Nicole & Victor are the only ones left to do it. They've come close a few times.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1451 on: June 10, 2019, 12:51:58 PM »
A little unfortunate that nobody of the non-TAR teams has yet won a leg. Instead, those teams are dropping like flies :(

Chris & Bret and Nicole & Victor are the only ones left to do it. They've come close a few times.

Chris & Bret are gone next episode and it's spoiled Vicole never won a leg, so it's not happening.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1452 on: June 10, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »
That Tyler and Korey returning to race for a 2nd time is not surprising. The part with Colin and Christie returning 26 seasons later, now that's the real surprise.

Tyler and Korey seem quite sociable and the new Colin is a nice guy, so I am not surprised that they are good friends. Also, the fact that Tyler and Korey received 0 votes is a testament to their social game.
Tyler & Korey are friends with others too, because Korey & Nicole bonded a lot due to the Michigan connection, and spent several hours in the airport getting to know each other while the Team Fun/Reilly sisters/Afghanimal U-Turn conversation was going on. And Nicole also mentioned how Tyler & Korey would constantly be willing to help other teams when needed, which also could've played a large part in why they've avoided being targets despite being one of the strongest teams remaining.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1453 on: June 10, 2019, 12:55:35 PM »

Chris & Bret are gone next episode and it's spoiled Vicole never won a leg, so it's not happening.

Yeah. Vicole, I forgot about that :P

I didn't think it was happening next week since that boating thing Colin & Christie are doing in the preview looks suspiciously like a Fast Forward. Which would probably mean they get 1st.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1454 on: June 10, 2019, 06:13:18 PM »
The rafting task is more likely a Detour or ARI task due to multiple teams shown attempting it in both previews.

With that said, I'm at peace knowing that all leg wins go to TAR teams if it means the Survivor meatheads and Ratcole plus boytoy both go home empty-handed.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1455 on: June 12, 2019, 06:01:27 PM »
Am I the only one who is disgusted with Chris & Bret's reason to U-turn Rachel & Elissa?  :groan:
I was up until I heard Chris go into greater detail about their reasons for doing so. Apparently, he & Bret didn't want to U-Turn any of the TAR teams, because he knew that C&C and Leo & Jamal would've been capable of getting that U-Turn done in no time, and thus put the two of them at more of a disadvantage. So when deciding between the remaining two non TAR teams, that was when the social management of the others came into play, since when push came to shove, Team Bromance decided to help out the people that actually took the time to get to know and talk with them over two people that seemingly had no interest in socializing with just about everyone on the race.

I think that's one big difference between TAR teams and BB or Survivor teams, TAR teams aren't terribly concerned about the social aspect of the game where the others had to figure that out on their respective shows.  You would think that having been on BB the Reilly sisters would understand that tems coming from the other shows would think about the social game.  Even if it wasn't a live vote, the choice of who to u-turn often has an aspect of likeability to it. 

Honestly, I'm just happy the Reilly sisters are gone and really hope this is the last we see of them.  The faces they make and the attitudes (more so Rachel) annoy me.  It's so immature and reeks of a sense of entitlement.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1456 on: June 12, 2019, 09:45:25 PM »
I am scared if Bitchy Becca is gonna unleash next week. One, because it's not a good look on her and two, people love to hate on her for that lmao.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1457 on: June 12, 2019, 11:53:51 PM »
Can Phil stop saying...
"Team X will be the FIRST to leave COUNTRY..."
Because that's never true considering all teams get on the same flight or not even on the first flight, you know?

I believe they only started using that this season and it's really bad, tbh.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1458 on: June 13, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »
Not sure how I feel about the pole task coming back for a third time but oh well.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #1459 on: June 13, 2019, 12:13:40 AM »
Can Phil stop saying...
Because that's never true considering all teams get on the same flight or not even on the first flight, you know?

I liked it when Phil said "[Insert team] came 1st in the previous leg at [Insert time the 1st place team checked in], and will now depart for the next leg at [Insert 12-hour time gap from the time the team checked in]" at the beginning of each leg. It was so much better, and kept the Race more organized in a way.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1460 on: June 13, 2019, 12:18:02 AM »
Absolutely!
Introduce the 1st place team as they open the clue and then introduce the next destination later on with a "Teams will now fly from [place] to [destination]."

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1461 on: June 13, 2019, 12:51:13 AM »
Can Phil stop saying...

I liked it when Phil said "[Insert team] came 1st in the previous leg at [Insert time the 1st place team checked in], and will now depart for the next leg at [Insert 12-hour time gap from the time the team checked in]" at the beginning of each leg. It was so much better, and kept the Race more organized in a way.

I miss what Phil used say before it, which was to introduce the visited location at the beginning and the Pit Stop, for example: "This is Amsterdam, the capital city of the Netherlands. Located in ..., this city .... And in the middle of the city, the .... This is the n-th Pit Stop in a race around the world." And then followed by the "[TEAM] who came 1st at ..."

I hope they bring it back in future seasons, because it makes the audience know better about the country and location they visited.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1462 on: June 13, 2019, 01:44:44 AM »
Why are we having polevaluting as the 1st ever 3-time task of TAR? :groan:
The task was boring on its second time already  :groan:

Offline gabrielnunes

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1463 on: June 13, 2019, 01:53:21 AM »
Today's race FINALLY FELT LIKE THE OLD TAR!

FLIGHT DRAMA AND HARD TASKS WOOOOOOO

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1464 on: June 13, 2019, 03:51:52 AM »
I am scared if Bitchy Becca is gonna unleash next week. One, because it's not a good look on her and two, people love to hate on her for that lmao.
I very much enjoyed the smirky Becca in the airport this week. So if she goes Bitchy Becca next week, then I might just start rooting for them to grab the runner up spot. (After my default #1 team Colin & Christie of course, since the Reillys are gone lol)

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1465 on: June 13, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
Can Phil stop saying...

I miss what Phil used say before it, which was to introduce the visited location at the beginning and the Pit Stop, for example: "This is Amsterdam, the capital city of the Netherlands. Located in ..., this city .... And in the middle of the city, the .... This is the n-th Pit Stop in a race around the world." And then followed by the "[TEAM] who came 1st at ..."

I hope they bring it back in future seasons, because it makes the audience know better about the country and location they visited.

It was much better that way.  I've found myself tuning out the way he's doing it this season.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1466 on: June 13, 2019, 11:22:22 AM »
I was hoping the U-turn vote would be last U-turn of the season, but alas, we are getting another double next week. Just not a fan. Would rather the results be purely on racing ability, such as last night's with airport shuffle and detour-switching shenanigans.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1467 on: June 13, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »
Not sure how I feel about the pole task coming back for a third time but oh well.

It didn't deliver at all in TAR21, so I am surprised they are bringing it back again. My theory is that production is just lazy to come with something new...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1468 on: June 13, 2019, 11:34:26 AM »

It didn't deliver at all in TAR21, so I am surprised they are bringing it back again. My theory is that production is just lazy to come with something new...

Yeah. Now we're doing Switchbacks of Switchbacks? Um...

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1469 on: June 13, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »
You would think that having been on BB the Reilly sisters would understand that tems coming from the other shows would think about the social game. 
Somehow I'm not surprised they failed at the social game part, because that was never Rachel's strength on BB, since she mainly won because none of the other newbies thought to get out the obvious competition threat when they had the chance.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1470 on: June 13, 2019, 12:35:05 PM »
That Tyler and Korey returning to race for a 2nd time is not surprising. The part with Colin and Christie returning 26 seasons later, now that's the real surprise.

Tyler and Korey seem quite sociable and the new Colin is a nice guy, so I am not surprised that they are good friends. Also, the fact that Tyler and Korey received 0 votes is a testament to their social game.
Tyler & Korey are friends with others too, because Korey & Nicole bonded a lot due to the Michigan connection, and spent several hours in the airport getting to know each other while the Team Fun/Reilly sisters/Afghanimal U-Turn conversation was going on. And Nicole also mentioned how Tyler & Korey would constantly be willing to help other teams when needed, which also could've played a large part in why they've avoided being targets despite being one of the strongest teams remaining.

That's nice to hear. This vindicates my support for Tyler and Korey (and this season overall vindicates my support for Colin and Christie after all these years.)

I am torn between seeing Tyler and Korey win 5 in a row and Colin and Christie matching Tyler and Korey's 9 career race wins. (It's honestly a race between those two teams now.) So long as Afghanimals don't finish first.  :lol:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1471 on: June 13, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
Anyway, based on the spoilers we have, it is now confirmed that Colin and Christie will finish the remaining legs all in the top 4, making it 23 in a row for them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1472 on: June 13, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
Is someone beating Rachel's record this week?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1473 on: June 13, 2019, 12:58:22 PM »
Is someone beating Rachel's record this week?

Leo and Jamal will match her record!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1474 on: June 13, 2019, 06:32:07 PM »
Why are there sooooo many boats this season lol.