Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420518 times)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1425 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:08 PM »
She is probably the most annoying racer in the history of race because of being positive  :groan:
I don't get how being a generally positive person can make one the most annoying racer ever, because I'd rather see 24/7 positivity over the constantly whining/negativity filled racers like Flo, or the ones that are flat out jerks like Jonathan, but to each their own.

I know right, teams like team Fun or Hippies in S09 are so much fun to watch, and watching negative racers like rachel, brooke and flo are so depressing
I'd take Becca as my sister anytime, in fact 2 of my big sis are just like her, the more the merrier
this leg her Fun-O-meter are high, iam cracking up when she said "I choose u pokemon" and the oldman is like "what the hell?"
Swarm stupidity

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1426 on: June 06, 2019, 09:36:34 PM »
She is probably the most annoying racer in the history of race because of being positive  :groan:
I don't get how being a generally positive person can make one the most annoying racer ever, because I'd rather see 24/7 positivity over the constantly whining/negativity filled racers like Flo, or the ones that are flat out jerks like Jonathan, but to each their own.

Have you ever watched "Inside Out"?

Also do you think Zach would have come off like such a saint if Flo wasn't there? 'Cuz he def wasn't the only nice guy to ever run the race.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 02:25:14 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1427 on: June 06, 2019, 11:09:21 PM »
Casual Amazing Race fans are as insufferable and disgusting as ever. Lots of vile vitriol directed at teams (yes, not just Rachel & Elissa) and at the non-crazy fans who attempt to comment reasonable things.  :barf

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1428 on: June 06, 2019, 11:12:30 PM »
Leo & Jamal have also been flat out disrespectful to the people around them this season.

And Corinne/Eliza haven't, right? Okay then.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1429 on: June 07, 2019, 06:08:16 AM »
I really must remind myself not to peruse TAR's social media comment sections. They're absolutely horrifying.

Ah, the anti-Rachel casuals waited through 3 seasons of her for this result. Let 'em have their moment  :funny:

Gra1162

« Reply #1430 on: June 07, 2019, 07:34:55 AM »
I really must remind myself not to peruse TAR's social media comment sections. They're absolutely horrifying.

ikr so rude, social media these days  :groan:, at least when i read elissa's comments on her post on insta most of them were positive

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1431 on: June 07, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »

ikr so rude, social media these days  :groan:, at least when i read elissa's comments on her post on insta most of them were positive
It's not just the anti-Rachel crowd that is being rude on social media. I seriously got blocked by one of her fans on Twitter because I pointed out perfectly valid reasons that Nicole & Victor had to question just how truthful the sisters were being with the whole U-Turn conversation, and then there's another fan I saw who had no problem referring to Nicole as the "whore of Big Brother."

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1432 on: June 07, 2019, 06:45:31 PM »
Those people are crazy
Swarm stupidity

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1433 on: June 08, 2019, 01:50:53 AM »
Becca has officially overtaken Joey in the level of being annoying  :groan:

Is this even a reason? :idgit

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1434 on: June 08, 2019, 01:56:33 AM »
Am I the only one who is disgusted with Chris & Bret's reason to U-turn Rachel & Elissa?  :groan:

Eavesdropper muscular beings. Rachel was on point though when she was talking to these eavesdroppers at the Ballenberg Hall.

Rachel was always annoying to me but I wanted her to stay in the race.

I adore Collin & Christie for not holding grudges in the Uturn vote. :luvya: :luvya:

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1435 on: June 08, 2019, 02:04:15 AM »
Definitely on point. I could definitely understand other people hating Becca because she is overacting and has an annoying behavior but to see a person or commentator who is annoyed because of the positivity of the person is just a disgrace to society. It is just unbelievable.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1436 on: June 08, 2019, 02:08:08 AM »
Am I the only one who is disgusted with Chris & Bret's reason to U-turn Rachel & Elissa?  :groan:

Eavesdropper muscular beings. Rachel was on point though when she was talking to these eavesdroppers at the Ballenberg Hall.

I adore Collin & Christie for not holding grudges in the Uturn vote. :luvya: :luvya:

Maybe disgusted is too harsh, but this gif sums up my reaction toward the vote

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1437 on: June 08, 2019, 02:26:07 AM »

Maybe harsh but for me it is the appropriate description for it. I find it superficial and childish when racers Uturn somebody because they are not close to them, they refuse to help them or something like that (Ex. Brooke's reason to Uturn Vanck & Ashton in Season 29.) In short superficial personal reasons.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1438 on: June 08, 2019, 02:50:42 AM »

Maybe harsh but for me it is the appropriate description for it. I find it superficial and childish when racers Uturn somebody because they are not close to them, they refuse to help them or something like that (Ex. Brooke's reason to Uturn Vanck & Ashton in Season 29.) In short superficial personal reasons.
Actually, Becca & Flloyd were the ones who U-turned Vanck & Ashton and Liz & Michael were the ones who blocked the second U-turned. Everyone was against Vanck & Ashton.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1439 on: June 08, 2019, 03:07:15 AM »
Now that you mention it, it's almost similar situation. The other teams did not like/were not close with Vanck & Ashton, if I remember correctly.

But I think it was Liz & Michael that U-Turned with Becca & Floyd blocking the 2nd by U-Turning Liz & Michael. So they did that back then, but were so offended by the O'Reillys U-Turning them for more legit reasons.  :groan:

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1440 on: June 08, 2019, 03:27:36 AM »
Now that you mention it, it's almost similar situation. The other teams did not like/were not close with Vanck & Ashton, if I remember correctly.

But I think it was Liz & Michael that U-Turned with Becca & Floyd blocking the 2nd by U-Turning Liz & Michael. So they did that back then, but were so offended by the O'Reillys U-Turning them for more legit reasons.  :groan:

Definitely Becca is somehow immature to deal with those situations. I could remember also Becca hitting Floyd when Floyd lost his passport  in Tanzania, nevertheless I like Team Fun despite flaws and annoying behavior most of the time. I don't hate Bret & Chris also its just their reasoning during the episode. Reilly sisters were always villains in this season (maybe according to the perspectives of the most teams), but there is something that I feel that I want them to stay in the game for longer and reach final 3.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1441 on: June 08, 2019, 03:41:03 AM »

Definitely Becca is somehow immature to deal with those situations. I could remember also Becca hitting Floyd when Floyd lost his passport  in Tanzania, nevertheless I like Team Fun despite flaws and annoying behavior most of the time. I don't hate Bret & Chris also its just their reasoning during the episode. Reilly sisters were always villains in this season (maybe according to the perspectives of the most teams), but there is something that I feel that I want them to stay in the game for longer and reach final 3.

I think that's the grow. I remember being so annoyed with Rachel in season 20 the first time I watched but she's kind of growing on me in season 24, especially when she encouraged Margie & Luke to finish the Detour in Malaysia and the only thing she did wrong this season was that she didn't played the social game as hard as she should have.

And yes, I stand corrected on the who U-turned who part.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 03:44:27 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1442 on: June 08, 2019, 04:01:11 AM »

Most u-turns are emotional/personal based, thats how the race works, maybe only the veterans who can completely strategic
Swarm stupidity

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1443 on: June 08, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
Honestly Colin/Christie and Tyler/Korey racing to the end and being really good friends post-Race is the weirdest timeline, like who would have predicted that years ago lmao.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1444 on: June 09, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
Leo & Jamal have also been flat out disrespectful to the people around them this season.

And Corinne/Eliza haven't, right? Okay then.
Who said so?

I could definitely understand other people hating Becca because she is overacting and has an annoying behavior but to see a person or commentator who is annoyed because of the positivity of the person is just a disgrace to society. It is just unbelievable.
TIL I'm a disgrace to society.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1445 on: June 09, 2019, 03:08:52 PM »
I was up until I heard Chris go into greater detail about their reasons for doing so. Apparently, he & Bret didn't want to U-Turn any of the TAR teams, because he knew that C&C and Leo & Jamal would've been capable of getting that U-Turn done in no time, and thus put the two of them at more of a disadvantage. So when deciding between the remaining two non TAR teams, that was when the social management of the others came into play, since when push came to shove, Team Bromance decided to help out the people that actually took the time to get to know and talk with them over two people that seemingly had no interest in socializing with just about everyone on the race.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1446 on: June 09, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
I wonder if the casuals have any problem with Chris & Bret making things personal when voting for the U-Turn compared to the outrage about the Reillys U-Turning Becca & Floyd earlier.

Let me go out on a limb and say: NO. No problem at all.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1447 on: June 09, 2019, 06:18:22 PM »
I wonder if the casuals have any problem with Chris & Bret making things personal when voting for the U-Turn compared to the outrage about the Reillys U-Turning Becca & Floyd earlier.

Let me go out on a limb and say: NO. No problem at all.
Except, as I explained above, Chris said that the decision was only 50% personal and that actual strategy came into play. And I also have to wonder if Rachel & Elissa could've avoided this whole mess if they'd taken the time to be more willing to help/socialize with other teams, because that is helping Tyler & Korey somehow avoid being targets despite being a strong team, because those two were always willing to give others a helping hand, and being arguably the more social team of the non-racers did help Nicole & Victor avoid being U-Turned despite being the obvious choice given that they were already speed bumped.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1448 on: June 09, 2019, 07:07:40 PM »
Except, as I explained above, Chris said that the decision was only 50% personal and that actual strategy came into play. And I also have to wonder if Rachel & Elissa could've avoided this whole mess if they'd taken the time to be more willing to help/socialize with other teams, because that is helping Tyler & Korey somehow avoid being targets despite being a strong team, because those two were always willing to give others a helping hand, and being arguably the more social team of the non-racers did help Nicole & Victor avoid being U-Turned despite being the obvious choice given that they were already speed bumped.

Thats what i tried to tell them, only yours better articulated
non casual statistic gushing hardcore superfans must know that actually most of teams in TAR history forced to use this kind of strategy (survive one leg at time), connor & dave even have one of the best liner ever about this: "one leg at time....on one leg"
since sgt bret out of shape and running at back of the pack, so they have to survive with this kind of strategy, also axed down despicable green team are great for the audience especially the kids, that is evil never won and justice has been served
Swarm stupidity

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1449 on: June 09, 2019, 07:09:49 PM »
Honestly Colin/Christie and Tyler/Korey racing to the end and being really good friends post-Race is the weirdest timeline, like who would have predicted that years ago lmao.

That Tyler and Korey returning to race for a 2nd time is not surprising. The part with Colin and Christie returning 26 seasons later, now that's the real surprise.

Tyler and Korey seem quite sociable and the new Colin is a nice guy, so I am not surprised that they are good friends. Also, the fact that Tyler and Korey received 0 votes is a testament to their social game.