Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420549 times)

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1375 on: May 16, 2019, 05:23:36 PM »
no TAR this week?
It was preempted for the Survivor season finale. Instead we're getting 2 episodes this Wednesday, starting at 8pm EST

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1376 on: May 17, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »
Another head-to-head  :groan:
Can we just get rid of it after the next season  :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1377 on: May 17, 2019, 08:17:12 PM »
At least they did us a favor and cut one out.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1378 on: May 23, 2019, 07:52:55 PM »
I really hate the boring episode title quotes these days.
Does the show just prefer simple titles? Or are Racers that boring now compared to earlier season Racers who were always quotable.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1379 on: May 23, 2019, 08:18:38 PM »

They're better than the title quotes Survivor uses though it does bug me when they use phrases from clues as the title quote.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1380 on: May 23, 2019, 09:07:01 PM »
Looking back, the Tower of Hanoi head-to-head was anticlimactic across the board and felt so cheap compared to how they edited the wood-stacking Detour task. It was like watching Phil narrate a backyard game with no emotional toll once it got down to the "Big Brother 12" duel. :-[
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1381 on: May 23, 2019, 09:11:22 PM »
Does the show just prefer simple titles? Or are Racers that boring now compared to earlier season Racers who were always quotable.
I think whoever picks the title quotes are just really lazy now.

Although I will say that I Took Out a Polar Bear and I'm a Bird, I'm a Plane, I'm on The Amazing Race are some of my favorite title quotes in a long while. The second quote just reminds me of the longer quotes from earlier seasons, lol.

Other favorite title quotes from recent seasons:
I Thought We Were Playing It Nice
Riding a Bike is Like Riding a Bike
I Should've Been a Boy Scout
Welcome To Bloody Fingers 101
I Have a Wedgie and a Half

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1382 on: May 23, 2019, 09:24:36 PM »
Who Wants a Rolex wasn't so bad. It got its money's worth from the double meaning thanks to Janelle

Offline kiwi21

• RFF Newbie
Eliza Orlins is one whiny brat!
« Reply #1383 on: May 24, 2019, 07:22:40 AM »
Eliza is such a hater!

She gets caught for trying to steal a cab from Rachel and Elissa then is so bitter because she didn't pull off her deceiving tricks lol

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:13:07 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1384 on: May 24, 2019, 08:08:47 AM »
I can't wait for the summertime Swiss Alps leg! I visited Jungfrau and the Bernese Alps at the exact same time two years ago and it's going to be a walk down memory lane seeing all of the beautiful, lush valleys and hills without all that snow! Trust me, everyone is in for a visual treat next episode!
The travel post of my summer Switzerland/Italy vacation + other great TAR visit content by many members: https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,20964.msg1201559.html#msg1201559 (I have more photos!)
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1385 on: May 24, 2019, 10:02:51 AM »
From recent seasons, I would say 27's "It's Not Easy Beating Green" is probably the best quote in terms of drama development, especially considering what the whole storyline of 27 was

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
Re: Eliza Orlins is one whiny brat! SPOILER ALERT
« Reply #1386 on: May 24, 2019, 10:48:27 AM »
Eliza is such a hater!

She gets caught for trying to steal a cab from Rachel and Elissa then is so bitter because she didn't pull off her deceiving tricks lol
With those two teams, it looks like what happens on the show stays on the show, because Eliza & Corinne are friends with Rachel & Elissa, and I've seen recent photos posted by Eliza where she was hanging out with Rachel and her daughter. And that's what Corinne says is the difference between her and Eliza. Corinne will respond emotionally and make evil comments, but isn't the deceptive cutthroat type, while Eliza doesn't say malicious things, but she's more willing to make those cutthroat moves than Corinne is.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1387 on: May 25, 2019, 05:21:01 AM »
I didn't mind Eliza on her two Survivor seasons (would have rather seen Ozzy go when she did in S16), but she and Corinne together go down as one of the worst teams (especially attitude wise), and worst casting options on this show in a long time.

Gra1162

« Reply #1388 on: May 25, 2019, 05:23:23 AM »
Eliza is queen  :2hearts: and so is corinne  :2hearts:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1389 on: May 26, 2019, 03:58:08 PM »
I didn't mind Eliza on her two Survivor seasons (would have rather seen Ozzy go when she did in S16), but she and Corinne together go down as one of the worst teams (especially attitude wise), and worst casting options on this show in a long time.
lol

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1390 on: May 26, 2019, 09:55:40 PM »
Sucks to see the first two go out as early as they did, but I'm liking the Top 7. Most of them I'm a fan of.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1391 on: May 27, 2019, 10:53:26 AM »
I don't like Rachel as a person, but she makes a good TAR team. She creates the drama and the necessary animosity... which is of a very different level of Corinne and Eliza.

It is one thing to find fault with people, but another to hate a team for no reason. For that, the TAR casting team wasted a spot on Corinne and Eliza who did nothing but to make viewers disgusted of them.

So much of a Colin and Christie fan I want them to win. Now I know why they didn't win in season 5. I really hope they win this season to come full circle and make a redemption for themselves. If they won back then, people would not have liked TAR 5 as much as people viewed Chip and Kim as the underdogs and they had so much fans.

On the other hand, Colin and Christie winning this season would be hands down deserving. It took them 26 seasons later and 12 years? to become better people... but Leo and Jamal has been on three times and yet have learnt nothing about humility and enjoying the process yet. Kind of sad, now that I am watching from an adult's perspective and thinking perhaps, people should wait awhile before they return for another season.

The other team I don't mind winning is Victor and Nicole.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1392 on: May 27, 2019, 10:55:50 AM »
From recent seasons, I would say 27's "It's Not Easy Beating Green" is probably the best quote in terms of drama development, especially considering what the whole storyline of 27 was

But that made it one of the worst season about Justin and Diana lol. If they are that great they would have been invited back. Give him another ten years and he can perhaps become a better person like Colin. <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1393 on: May 27, 2019, 12:09:48 PM »

But that made it one of the worst season about Justin and Diana lol. If they are that great they would have been invited back. Give him another ten years and he can perhaps become a better person like Colin. <3

They were invited lol. Diana was pregnant.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1394 on: May 28, 2019, 06:48:49 AM »
Halfway through the season and there has been no self-driving and no teams on separate flights. Something is definitely missing. Hopefully we get some of both in Europe.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1395 on: May 28, 2019, 07:12:14 AM »
Halfway through the season and there has been no self-driving and no teams on separate flights. Something is definitely missing. Hopefully we get some of both in Europe.

Remember we didn't get any self-driving at all in TAR27 and didn't see it again until Leg 8 of TAR28 (Dubai).

I don't think it's as much of a priority anymore since they lost Ford as a sponsor.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1396 on: May 28, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
Just last season, teams drove themselves in Iceland, Bahrain, and 2 legs in France. And teams drove themselves in Dubai just a few seasons ago. The opportunities are there, but it's certainly a lot more expensive to produce, especially without a sponsor.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1397 on: May 30, 2019, 06:24:10 AM »
Happy to see self-driving return in leg 7.

I don't like how all the NEL's were so early in the season, legs 3, 5, and 7. I prefer when the NEL's are stacked later. Give the teams that make it farther a chance to be saved.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1398 on: May 30, 2019, 01:37:37 PM »
Counterpoint: if Unfinished Business succeeded because of its very early NELs, then so can this season.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1399 on: May 30, 2019, 08:35:01 PM »
In Unfinished Business, the NELs didn't feel so front-loaded. Although, it's probably because 2 of the NEL's were KOR legs.

Regardless, I like earlier NELs more. Now the 7th-6th-5th-4th eliminations are going to be intense.