Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420524 times)

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1350 on: May 05, 2019, 03:32:10 PM »
Yeah...Afghanimals, Rachel & Elissa, Corinne & Eliza, and Tyler & Korey (mostly Tyler) all grate on me because they somehow feel the need to constantly be on/perform whenever a camera is in front of them, and that just bugs me to no end.

wait...thats i think the very definition of reality show...
Except not every single team this season is as on for the cameras as the ones I just mentioned. Chris & Bret seem like they could care less about the cameras following them and just want to have a good time racing around the world, and have you seen how Nicole's acted both on BB and on TAR? She's still the same self conscious/camera shy girl she was on BB, and just so happens to be one of the few people from both her seasons that didn't try and use the show as a way to get famous/noticed.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1351 on: May 05, 2019, 10:57:15 PM »
Except not every single team this season is as on for the cameras as the ones I just mentioned. Chris & Bret seem like they could care less about the cameras following them and just want to have a good time racing around the world, and have you seen how Nicole's acted both on BB and on TAR? She's still the same self conscious/camera shy girl she was on BB, and just so happens to be one of the few people from both her seasons that didn't try and use the show as a way to get famous/noticed.

Well, bret & chris arent really reality tv stars, so..they are forgiven not to make some reality tv moments
but they actually funny since they on GenXvsM, the fijian bromance
and nicole, just stay still and she look cute so its fine, i just hoping they blur or crop out victor altogether
Ty, afghanimal, janelle team & wre...uh that team are reality tv stars so its expected they make some drama/camera moments
i dont know about u but the only reason reallity tv worth to watch is its candid funny moments and sometimes some dramas, TAR with race-elimination drama, survivor with tribal council drama
"Put on your 45 yo big girl panty on" is one of the best reality moment on history human race and martians
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:10:15 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1352 on: May 06, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »
Bret & Chris not reality TV stars? What do you think Survivor is, a scripted game show? And a huge no on blurring Victor out of all the camera shots, because he's more of a fan favorite/ratings draw than Nicole is

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1353 on: May 06, 2019, 07:02:06 PM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:51:42 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1354 on: May 06, 2019, 10:15:10 PM »
A double HCMC leg is a letdown when it should've just been a single, followed by a visit to, say, Nha Trang.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1355 on: May 07, 2019, 12:45:56 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:49:32 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1356 on: May 09, 2019, 04:29:36 AM »
Survivor teams are too weak to compete in TAR
me and the others 20+ mills survivor fans must protest
there are so many strong survivor teams and have potential drama:
1. Brochachos team: Mayor of slamtown and hot cop dan or prof chubicki
2. Devon and ashley or CocoNut duo from S35
3. Michael and Libby from Ghost island
4. Michaella and Jay from Millenialls
5. Joe and Sierra from dirty thirty
6. team bullies from kaoh rong
7. mr. varner and zeke
8. mr. phillip and francesqua
9.  Team Coconut bandits or team Culpepper from Blood water
10. James and Eric as team dumbest move
11. Colby and Jerri
instead they pick old and unfit teams from survivor, this is a conspiracy
Swarm stupidity

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1357 on: May 09, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
So I found this extras clip and would like everyone to comment on last night's explosive meltdown with Eliza. Do you think it was actually Rachel & Elissa that made them break down or did the pressure of the race build up starting from the motorbike Roadblock to the point the editors skewed the Survivor ladies' edit to be hostile during their sendoff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGeHuqiBMI8

For me, I don't believe it was the cab incident because we've seen this "stolen taxi" narrative played out to of greater or equal extreme in previous seasons (Colin & Christie vs. Charla & Mirna in Cairo, Sam & Dan vs. Brian & Ericka in Prague, Amie vs. Kim & Leslie in Paris, Tim & Marie vs. Jason & Amy in Vienna, Chip & Kim vs. Kami & Karli in Montevideo, etc.) and none of those times had resulted in someone completely losing it after their initial reactions. There would have been stuff been said or done during the Detour or unaired head-to-head that the broadcast left out that could have triggered such a meltdown from Eliza mainly and a crying Elissa.

Thoughts? :duno:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1358 on: May 09, 2019, 10:59:57 AM »
Damn. Well I'm even more sad to see Corinne & Eliza go. I REALLY wish the NELs were swapped around.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1359 on: May 09, 2019, 11:12:53 AM »
So I found this extras clip and would like everyone to comment on last night's explosive meltdown with Eliza. Do you think it was actually Rachel & Elissa that made them break down or did the pressure of the race build up starting from the motorbike Roadblock to the point the editors skewed the Survivor ladies' edit to be hostile during their sendoff?

For me, I don't believe it was the cab incident because we've seen this "stolen taxi" narrative played out to of greater or equal extreme in previous seasons (Colin & Christie vs. Charla & Mirna in Cairo, Sam & Dan vs. Brian & Ericka in Prague, Amie vs. Kim & Leslie in Paris, Tim & Marie vs. Jason & Amy in Vienna, Chip & Kim vs. Kami & Karli in Montevideo, etc.) and none of those times had resulted in someone completely losing it after their initial reactions. There would have been stuff been said or done during the Detour or unaired head-to-head that the broadcast left out that could have triggered such a meltdown from Eliza mainly and a crying Elissa.

I think they've been pretty frustrated all Race long. Always commenting on bad taxi drivers (to their face), annoyed by other teams. This Leg just seemed like the breaking point since they were in last most of the Leg. I also doubt the cab incident is the only reason they blew up. Or that Rachel & Elissa were the only cause since they seem to be perfectly fine with each other now post-Race.

I think the phantom H2H was the final straw and it looked like it was a physical task judging from how everyone else looked once they got to the Mat.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1360 on: May 09, 2019, 01:54:51 PM »
It was definitely a heat in the moment type of frustration. I have to think they were sort of playing up the drama for the camera. I have no clue if that’s true though. It’s just absurd to me that the Reilly sisters and Survivor girls are friends now lol. “I will never speak to them again”

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1361 on: May 09, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »

I also think it was a heat of the moment situation, because I remember a similar incident happening in 7 between Rob vs Debbie & Bianca, and neither team completely lost it the way Eliza and Elissa did

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1362 on: May 09, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »
Why would the production cut out a HEAD-TO-HEAD when there are major shuffle in placement because of that?
(Leo/Jamal, Tyler / Korey)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1363 on: May 09, 2019, 09:44:07 PM »
Getting a clearer picture now of how the Head to Head played out, I'm just LOLing at how TARUS has just managed to fail so hard at implementing it. They make TAR Canada's Face Offs seem competent and good  :funny:

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1364 on: May 09, 2019, 11:05:36 PM »
Why would the production cut out a HEAD-TO-HEAD when there are major shuffle in placement because of that?
(Leo/Jamal, Tyler / Korey)

whats the complete outcome of the head to head?
i think they cut it for the dramas, race-to-the-mat drama and catfight drama
Swarm stupidity

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1365 on: May 10, 2019, 01:08:46 AM »
I'm so glad Corinne/Eliza are out. The worst casting choice for this season to begin with.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1366 on: May 10, 2019, 09:21:47 AM »

I also think it was a heat of the moment situation, because I remember a similar incident happening in 7 between Rob vs Debbie & Bianca, and neither team completely lost it the way Eliza and Elissa did
From what I remember from the TV Guide interview a decade or so ago, Debbie and Bianca didn't even know Romber took their cab in Chile until they had shown it on the broadcast.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #1367 on: May 10, 2019, 09:43:43 AM »
 :conf:
I'm so glad Corinne/Eliza are out. The worst casting choice for this season to begin with.
WHAT?! That is so untrue. Corinne & Eliza were a fantastic casting choice. They brought plenty of drama but weren't hamming it up Leo & Jamal style. They were a lot of fun to watch. And we all know that the worst casting choice was Art & JJ
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1368 on: May 10, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »
I'm starting to think the show overedited Corinne & Eliza, throwing every single snarky comment, argument, whatever into the show just to give the season a "villain" that didn't exist otherwise.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1369 on: May 10, 2019, 12:09:13 PM »
There was a Head-to-Head in leg 4 that they not aired. :furious:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1370 on: May 10, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »
I'm starting to think the show overedited Corinne & Eliza, throwing every single snarky comment, argument, whatever into the show just to give the season a "villain" that didn't exist otherwise.
Based on what Brit said in one of the secret scenes, it seems like Corinne & Eliza really were that hard to get along with on the race, because Brit seemed to be frustrated with how much she had to pretend to hate Rachel & Elissa when she was around the other two, and Leo & Jamal didn't seem to care much for Corinne & Eliza either.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1371 on: May 11, 2019, 09:10:54 PM »
There better not be another karaoke/night club task appearing on the next episode. :groan:

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #1372 on: May 11, 2019, 10:11:49 PM »
There better not be another karaoke/night club task appearing on the next episode. :groan:

Based on the previews I think so, and it's at ANOTHER karaoke.  :groan:  :groan: :groan:

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1373 on: May 16, 2019, 04:58:45 AM »
no TAR this week?
Swarm stupidity

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1374 on: May 16, 2019, 02:48:39 PM »
Such a letdown for the new African country to have only one leg there.