Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420642 times)

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1275 on: April 15, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »
I'm glad we didn't get Mark & Elena on this season, because if you think Rachel is over the top when it comes to getting attention, even she's tamer than Elena

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »
You guys seem to forget how differently these shows are edited.
Maybe you were live feeders, but Elena was a non-entity in the episodes for me. Especially game-wise.

Also, yeah it's hilarious how badly they tried to cast enemies for the Reilly sisters.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1277 on: April 17, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
I already don't like the U-turn vote

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1278 on: April 17, 2019, 09:06:21 PM »
I already love it, this is the most fitting season to introduce that twist.
If it doesn't work well with Survivor/BB people, they won't use it again.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »

Oh, you're right, I just already feel like I'm not going to like the result of it lol.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1280 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:42 PM »
Best first boot since S22!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1281 on: April 17, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »

Agreed. One could argue it's a long time coming, but this is the perfect season to finally bring it over. (Though I wonder how they'll make it worse like they did with the Head to Head lol)

Oh, you're right, I just already feel like I'm not going to like the result of it lol.

Same! lol

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1282 on: April 18, 2019, 10:26:59 AM »
I'm surprised it's taken this many years to have Phil in a Travelocity commercial. Loved it!

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1283 on: April 18, 2019, 02:10:23 PM »
TARCAN's sponsour(s) > that dumb gnome.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1284 on: April 18, 2019, 09:49:49 PM »
I already don't like the U-turn vote
I so want Rupert & Laura to be around for that, just so we can get another "WHO VOTED FOR ME?" moment from Rupert  :funny:

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1285 on: April 18, 2019, 10:18:19 PM »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1286 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »
Best first boot since S22!

No.

On 1st watch, best 1st Boot Since S.27, on 2nd watch, I feel bad for Art & JJ.
I've got mixed feelings for them. I loved their competitiveness but at the same time I hated their arrogance.
I find the RB's weird and easy in Leg 1. Japan can offer more.
Also, change the intro. Bring back the intro-style circa S.23-26.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 11:34:46 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TARJr.

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1287 on: April 19, 2019, 03:12:06 AM »
UNPOPULAR OPINION. After the premiere episode, I don't mind having another Reality Clash season of TAR
Maybe the absence of signs is a sign.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1288 on: April 19, 2019, 06:40:09 AM »
UNPOPULAR OPINION. After the premiere episode, I don't mind having another Reality Clash season of TAR

I'd rather see a Fans vs Favorites. Take the 6 Survivor/BB teams and make them superfans, then have 5 TAR teams.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1289 on: April 19, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »
The concept itself is fine, but it would definitely depend on the cast.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1290 on: April 20, 2019, 11:00:33 AM »

I think they will introduce this to Survivor maybe from Season 41 onwards. 3 tribes of former Survivor, TAR and BB contestants. Then we will see TAR and BB contestants saying they would rather be doing something else.  :duno:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1291 on: April 20, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »

I would like to see us, viewers & fans, taking part in choosing the casts, like the one Survivor applied back in Season 31 (Survivor: Cambodia - Second Chance).
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1292 on: April 20, 2019, 11:52:59 AM »
I would have much preferred to see Colin and Christie race against Justin and Diana. That would have been epic. Too bad she was pregnant at that time.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1293 on: April 25, 2019, 01:10:20 AM »
Kinda disappointed that we only get one Leg in Laos. And while the Leg was okay, it was a little underwhelming for the first (and maybe only) visit to Laos for TARUS. It would've been nice if it was paired with another Leg.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #1294 on: April 25, 2019, 01:43:33 AM »
Kinda disappointed that we only get one Leg in Laos. And while the Leg was okay, it was a little underwhelming for the first (and maybe only) visit to Laos for TARUS. It would've been nice if it was paired with another Leg.
I can see that I’m in the minority with my thinking. I LOVED this episode and leg! I thought all three tasks were great and better than we usually get in Leg 2.

I love cooking tasks and it was cool that they actually had to go to the market and purchase the ingredients. The alphabet task was great and I liked seeing all of the kids having fun! While I don’t like elephants on TAR, I did like that the task wasn’t just them going on an elephant ride but it actually required some effort from the racers. I didn’t find this underwhelming AT ALL  :duno:
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1295 on: April 25, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
A lot of people expected Rachel and Elissa to be a weak team, but they've been the 3rd strongest team on the race and strongest non-amazing race all-star team through the first two legs (based on average). Questionable use of the U-turn aside, I'm pretty impressed.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1296 on: April 25, 2019, 12:06:18 PM »
A lot of people expected Rachel and Elissa to be a weak team, but they've been the 3rd strongest team on the race and strongest non-amazing race all-star team through the first two legs (based on average). Questionable use of the U-turn aside, I'm pretty impressed.
They are kind of weak though. Without the luck of tuk-tuks they probably would've finished the second leg 5th at best. They seem to be very dependent on other teams especially when it comes to navigation. (i.e trying to work with Tyler & Korey in the first challenge in Japan, trying to work with Becca & Floyd to find the ticketing place, literally being led to the U-Turn by Colin & Christie), and if you watch the insider videos, even Corinne & Eliza have taken notice of that which is very interesting.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1297 on: April 25, 2019, 12:12:48 PM »
They are kind of weak though. Without the luck of tuk-tuks they probably would've finished the second leg 5th at best. They seem to be very dependent on other teams especially when it comes to navigation. (i.e trying to work with Tyler & Korey in the first challenge in Japan, trying to work with Becca & Floyd to find the ticketing place, literally being led to the U-Turn by Colin & Christie), and if you watch the insider videos, even Corinne & Eliza have taken notice of that which is very interesting.

That's all part of the game though and they're strong at it so far lol. It'll probably lead to them being u-turn voted if the cast starts to dislike them (which is starting to happen, or at least the edit is making it seem that way), but gotta give them credit so far.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1298 on: April 25, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »

That's all part of the game though and they're strong at it so far lol. It'll probably lead to them being u-turn voted if the cast starts to dislike them (which is starting to happen, or at least the edit is making it seem that way), but gotta give them credit so far.
Luck is part of the game for sure. But being dependent on other teams is part of the game too? :groan: So would you say Caroline & Jennifer in S24 is a strong team?

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1299 on: April 25, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »

Luck is part of the game for sure. But being dependent on other teams is part of the game too? :groan: So would you say Caroline & Jennifer in S24 is a strong team?

They did what they had to do and finished 2nd in the race. I wasn't a fan of theirs, but manipulating other teams into helping you (or forcing them to help you) i.e. convincing Jet and Cord to give them the second express pass is all part of the game. There are different ways of being strong (or not weak) in TAR. You're only looking at it one way.