Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 424139 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1250 on: April 12, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
I guess this is okay here since it does relate to TAR31 casting. But listening to Megan on the RTV Warriors podcast, I am legit shocked and kind of excited that Bertram and Co. actually appeared to reach out to "old" teams. This is definitely a huge change from Bertram's original comments about (paraphrasing here) never casting older teams because no one would remember teams before X season.

I wouldn't mind TAR33 being all "old" teams, tbh.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1251 on: April 12, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »
Other people apparently cut include Misti & Jim, Ross Matthews & Melissa Jaret-Winokur, Sheri & Cole, Corey Brooks and James Huling, Josh Martinez and Paul Abrahamian, Caleb Reynolds and Tai Trang and Da'Vonne Rogers from and Bridgette Dunning!

Remember, this coming from TMZ, so take this with a grain of salt, I'd say!

Not all of the listed teams were cut per se. Some of them, like Sheri and Cole and Misti and Jim, declined. Not all of these came from TMZ. Some came from RTV Warriors podcasts with the actual people, for example.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1252 on: April 12, 2019, 10:33:27 PM »
This is definitely a huge change from Bertram's original comments about (paraphrasing here) never casting older teams because no one would remember teams before X season.

One thing that's different between the time that comment was made and now is the rise of streaming services like Prime & Hulu. TAR is also an easy show to binge. It is reassuring that TAR made an effort to reach out to teams from the classic era.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #1253 on: April 12, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
Honestly, I'm just glad that production made efforts to reach out to teams from old-school TAR. This gives me hope that when the next TRUE All-Stars comes around they choose teams from the classic era of TAR. Sucks Eric & Jeremy didn't get to be on, they were hilarious in TAR 9. Honestly, if anyone from Family Edition would return I would choose Mama Paolo & one of her sons or Billy & Carissa Gaghan to see how they would do on the race all-grown up.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1254 on: April 13, 2019, 01:48:51 AM »
Can someone complie a list of 'cut' teams (no matter it is them declining or being cut by production)?

it seems like these information come a bit sudden

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1255 on: April 13, 2019, 02:27:40 AM »
Can someone complie a list of 'cut' teams (no matter it is them declining or being cut by production)?

The list on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_31
is pretty good as it does include good and accurate sources for many of the teams.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1256 on: April 13, 2019, 06:26:44 AM »
We could have had Rob Cesternino and Fishbach?! Aw man, as a late-comer to Survivor, that would have excited me more than any of the Survivor teams that made the cast.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1257 on: April 13, 2019, 07:44:31 AM »
I would have definitely preferred Rob and Stephen over Rupert and his wife.  Liked Rupert in the beginning but every succeeding appearance made me like him less.  Not a fan at all.

I would have liked to have seen Justin and Diana but can't fault them for not doing it with her being pregnant.  I would have also liked to have seen the members of the Linz family.  I am one of the few that actually enjoyed that season.  It would be interesting to see them have to navigate outside the US.

Mark and Elena would have been pure meltdown gold.  Rachel would seem so mild compared to Elena.

My thought on the split of teams.  This is The Amazing Race... makes sense to give their former teams more spots.  Why should they promote the other shows when they have awesome teams of their own.  I would honestly expect Survivor or Big Brother (if they ever did something like this) to load their casts with their own previous contestants as well.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1258 on: April 13, 2019, 08:35:56 AM »
My thought on the split of teams.  This is The Amazing Race... makes sense to give their former teams more spots.  Why should they promote the other shows when they have awesome teams of their own.  I would honestly expect Survivor or Big Brother (if they ever did something like this) to load their casts with their own previous contestants as well.

Understandable, but if it's being marketed as a reality clash, then make it an even reality clash. We're one TAR team on the cast from it being like "Half TAR all-star season!....Oh and we threw in a few big brother and survivor teams to give it a theme."

Offline 54generation

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1259 on: April 13, 2019, 09:05:13 AM »
 Given how this season is more like a half TAR all star season, and that the production have contacted some other former TAR racers, old and new, to be part of s31 but got cut in the end, I'm hopeful for season 33 to be a proper TAR all stars, and that the aforementioned teams that got cut or declined will come back.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1260 on: April 13, 2019, 10:45:44 AM »
IMO, I think we will see a couple of regular seasons before an AllStars. Always presuming renewals happen.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1261 on: April 13, 2019, 01:12:45 PM »
Glad that Kym & Alli were cut. They're All-Stars material. Casting better reserve a spot for them.
Eric & Jeremy of S.9 & Linz Family members of S.8 also contacted?!? Wow. I'm glad that they are going back to casting older TAR Teams. It gives life to what TAR can do for another All-Stars Season.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1262 on: April 13, 2019, 04:54:23 PM »
Does Rachel work for CBS publicity? She's posted more clips than Dalton Ross.  :funny:
She does do the AfterBuzz YouTube channel interviews, and this does make reality show appearance number 7 for her, so she's gotten the hang of being her own publicist.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1263 on: April 13, 2019, 11:11:05 PM »
This intro is the most visually unappealing one in a long time: like, what's inspirational about a ratchet Vietnamese motorist bridge or a non-descript Ugandan parking lot?

Where is Diocletian's Palace, a clear shot of Mount Phousi, etc.?

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1264 on: April 13, 2019, 11:43:47 PM »
This intro is the most visually unappealing one in a long time: like, what's inspirational about a ratchet Vietnamese motorist bridge or a non-descript Ugandan parking lot?

Where is Diocletian's Palace, a clear shot of Mount Phousi, etc.?

Lol, my only thing with the intro is that I want them to go back to the intros where the teams weren't in front of green screens. I wasn't a fan of the green screen intro last season and I'm still not a fan of it this season.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1265 on: April 14, 2019, 01:43:01 AM »
I still can't believe TARUS can't make a simple, yet epic opening credits sequence similar to TARAu. Like, it's not really that hard.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1266 on: April 14, 2019, 05:15:43 AM »
Why are we given loads of scenes from Vietnam and Dubai in the intro? Where are UK, Croatia and Netherlands?  :groan:

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1267 on: April 14, 2019, 06:55:21 AM »
The intro is not that bad, I am just glad we actually have one.

I am kinda dissapointed by marketing of this season, tbh. The previews are... superboring? Idk, nothing fun, dramatic or interesting was shown in it. (Wondering why.) Also we didn't get any meet the teams or pre-race video interviews even we know it exists.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1268 on: April 14, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »

I am kinda dissapointed by marketing of this season, tbh. The previews are... superboring? Idk, nothing fun, dramatic or interesting was shown in it. (Wondering why.) Also we didn't get any meet the teams or pre-race video interviews even we know it exists.
Considering it's a season combining people from other CBS reality competitions, you'd think the network would market this so much better and over-the-top even with the sudden bump in the schedule. But I'd be afraid to imagine
Show content
maybe the team dynamics this season were actually that plain to edit
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1269 on: April 14, 2019, 06:20:19 PM »

Here is the list of "cut" and invited teams that was originally on the TAR31 Wikipedia, but now removed from the article. I've included the links to the sources as well:
Show content

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1270 on: April 14, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »

Here is the list of "cut" and invited teams that was originally on the TAR31 Wikipedia, but now removed from the article. I've included the links to the sources as well:
Show content

Also Andy Herren and Amanda Zuckerman from BB15.
https://twitter.com/AndyHerren/status/1114543584617881601

Casting apparently badly wanted a team to fight with Elissa or Rachel lol. Weird. They cast Art and JJ and apparently possibly would've cast Andy and Amanda.....or Andy was joking and I'm just a doofus.

Edit: He was definitely joking at least about the ice road truckers thing. Oop.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:06:06 PM by Jro »

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1271 on: April 14, 2019, 07:04:04 PM »
^^That might have been Andy just trolling.

To add one more to the list, Corinne mentioned on a live stream she did a few months ago that Scot Pollard & Kyle Jason from Kaôh Rōng were in the casting pool.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1272 on: April 15, 2019, 12:19:22 AM »

It certainly is subpar compared to the Canadian edition's.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1273 on: April 15, 2019, 02:09:58 AM »

To add one more to the list, Corinne mentioned on a live stream she did a few months ago that Scot Pollard & Kyle Jason from Kaôh Rōng were in the casting pool.

Thank God they are not in..

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1274 on: April 15, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »
The flipside of Nale boys Keith and Wes, eh?