Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420482 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1225 on: July 23, 2018, 09:45:28 AM »
Anything is possible. Once they do all the editing this will be available...so if there is a cancellation on the Fall Schedule we'd be available! Whether or not CBS would want this is another matter....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1226 on: July 23, 2018, 09:48:09 AM »
I wouldn’t be surprised if the new Magnum PI got canceled or moved around leaving a spot wide open for TAR.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1227 on: July 23, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »
Any chance that this season could air earlier than supposed january 2019? I'm kinda in TAR mood right now and half year of waiting for this season is too much for me.  :funny:

Wasn't there an article posted, that we would be airing TAR31 from September-November? ???

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1228 on: July 23, 2018, 06:15:59 PM »
That's for filming of TAR32.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1229 on: July 24, 2018, 12:21:58 AM »
Any chance that this season could air earlier than supposed january 2019? I'm kinda in TAR mood right now and half year of waiting for this season is too much for me.  :funny:

Wasn't there an article posted, that we would be airing TAR31 from September-November? ???

No.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1230 on: July 24, 2018, 01:47:12 AM »

Definitely NOT.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1231 on: July 24, 2018, 01:49:09 AM »
That's for filming of TAR32.

No. Filming is not expected until ~ early Nov
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:55:05 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1232 on: April 10, 2019, 08:57:06 PM »
Just got back on here from the hiatus and oh my gosh, I'm so grateful that I didn't miss the promos being bumping the premiere up to next week! And Wednesday schedule  :groan:.... I will not be able to update this season if it runs at this time slot, unfortunately. I need my weekly dose of TAR back though and glad it's been pushed forward.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1233 on: April 12, 2019, 10:02:33 AM »
Judging by the press pics we received for the premiere, the leg seems like a hot mess of rehashed tasks (TAR20's balloon starting line + TAR7's Lima beach digging, TAR23's human bowling Detour's baby cousin, and TAR17's fake food RB from Hong Kong). And the starting line task looks like it will be the most testing. I am hoping navigation and taxi drama will play a bigger role....

I don't want this premiere to be like that 2-hour long snoozefest of robotic dancing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:06:33 AM by RachelLeVega »
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1234 on: April 12, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »
The problem with TAR 26 was that there were too few tasks to fill a 90-minute episode. I don't think we'll have that problem this time.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1235 on: April 12, 2019, 11:11:02 AM »
The problem with TAR 26 was that there were too few tasks to fill a 90-minute episode. I don't think we'll have that problem this time.

Agreed. The show hadn't had an extended premiere in ages so IMO they designed that leg with a 1 hour premiere in mind and had to stretch it.

Then, I think they assumed the social media gimmick a year later would get them an extended premiere the following spring as well, as that premiere was packed! But they didn't get it and stuffed that into an hour.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1236 on: April 12, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
As long as the very first Route Marker involves each teammate needing to eat takoyaki.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1237 on: April 12, 2019, 05:26:34 PM »
As long as the very first Route Marker involves each teammate needing to eat takoyaki.
But that sounds pleasant compared to the wasabi bomb. :lol:
They look harder to make in big batches than chowing down on them.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1238 on: April 12, 2019, 07:12:00 PM »
Does Rachel work for CBS publicity? She's posted more clips than Dalton Ross.  :funny:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1239 on: April 12, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ivgEtpso4

Kym and Alli almost were almost on this season apparently.  :groan: Would have been great if they replace Leo/Jamal and had 4 FF team cast.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1240 on: April 12, 2019, 08:33:49 PM »

Kym and Alli almost were almost on this season apparently.  :groan: Would have been great if they replace Leo/Jamal and had 4 FF team cast.

Mark and Elena (BB19) were supposed to be on too, but CBS picked Nicole and Victor instead

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1241 on: April 12, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »
Does Rachel work for CBS publicity? She's posted more clips than Dalton Ross.  :funny:
She and Elissa have been very engaged with fans (and non-fans lol) on Twitter and especially the TAR Instagram. They're having fun. A few other teams too.

Unlike actual CBS employee Tyler who gets very catty at people who don't fawn over him and Korey and seems to have this sense of entitlement. Almost like WE should be the ones thankful that he'll grace our televisions again.  :cmas30:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1242 on: April 12, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »

Mark and Elena (BB19) were supposed to be on too, but CBS picked Nicole and Victor instead
Kym & Alli should've been cast instead of Tyler & Korey.

And I'm not really too sure whether there's a difference between Mark & Elena and Nicole & Victor since I didn't watch either of their seasons. Maybe other BB fans might be able to say whether or not one is "better" than the other. hehe

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1243 on: April 12, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »

And I'm not really too sure whether there's a difference between Mark & Elena and Nicole & Victor since I didn't watch either of their seasons. Maybe other BB fans might be able to say whether or not one is "better" than the other. hehe

They probably cast Tyler & Korey over Kym & Alli for the ratings. As for the second part, Nicole won a season and Victor was a comp beast who made history by winning two battle back competitions. Mark and Elena are/were not nearly as relevant (and broke up last month, not that that matters).

Edit: Generally speaking, the apparent list of teams cut at the last minute is pretty intriguing. Some that stood out to me were that Eric and Jeremy from S9 (and S11 for Eric) were asked back and cut, two members of the Linz family from S8 were asked back and cut, and Rob Cesternino and Stephen Fishbach were asked but declined because of Fishbach's wedding. I'm getting all of this from Wikipedia but it's all sourced on there lol. Rob and Fishbach would be fun on TAR.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:16:55 PM by Jro »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1244 on: April 12, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »
Oh! That list is definitely interesting. I think having Rachel & Elissa and Caleb & Tai as "hybrid teams" would've been more interesting and then have the other teams representing solely their original shows.

I would take Eric & Jeremy over Art & JJ. Linzes would've been nice. I'd take Justin & Diana too. Ross & Marissa would be an interesting Race team too.

(*Running over to listen to the Megan Linz and Eric Sanchez podcasts now*)

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #1245 on: April 12, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »

Mark and Elena are terrible people, but mostly Elena. She’s a famewhore and will do anything to get the spotlight. She starts drama EVERYWHERE she goes. Bullying was a big issue in BB19 - the entire house was disgusting towards Cody and Jessica and Mark and Elena were definitely apart of that. They were also terrible players.

Nicole and Victor are a lot more...wholesome. They both played pretty well (even though Victor was voted out three times). They’re just this sweet couple from a small town and hands down the better choice
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:54:45 PM by Jakobbwelch »
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #1246 on: April 12, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
I really hope Kym & Alli aren’t forgotten whenever the next All-Star season roles around. They were the stars of 25 and I can safely say that they’re one of my favorite F/F teams of all time. They’re up there with Charla & Mirna and Dustin & Kandice and Brook & Claire
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1247 on: April 12, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »
Eh, Mark and Elena were the least involved in the bullying of Jess and Cody out of everyone. Elena basically stood there and just watched it happen (which is being a prettttttty bad friend and arguably just as bad as being involved) but Mark tried to help Jess and Cody out a little, and he got ostracized by the Paul cult for it. You're pretty right on the rest of the Elena stuff though, lol. I will say tho that I would've preferred Mark and Elena over Josh and Paul because I can't stand Paul, but I'm not exactly mad that neither team made it on the cast.

As for Kym and Alli, if it was a full-fledged all-star season, I'm sure they would've made it. For ratings purposes, I think casting went with four of the best teams that they could have...and then they threw in Art and JJ to try to make drama with Rachel. Aside from that, I wish they had a more even show split where it was like a 4-4-3 split between teams representing each reality show rather than 5-3-3. I would've taken another survivor or big brother team instead of Art & JJ.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:53:59 PM by Jro »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1248 on: April 12, 2019, 09:55:41 PM »
I would've done 3-3-3-2 with the 2 being the hybrid teams.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #1249 on: April 12, 2019, 10:10:15 PM »
Other people apparently cut include:
Misti & Jim
Ross Matthews & Melissa Jaret-Winokur
Sheri & Cole
Corey Brooks and James Huling
Josh Martinez and Paul Abrahamian
Caleb Reynolds and Tai Trang
Da'Vonne Rogers from and Bridgette Dunning

Remember, this coming from TMZ, so take this with a grain of salt, I'd say!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 10:16:55 PM by BourkieBoy »