Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420586 times)

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1075 on: July 03, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »
I'm hoping no TAR representatives got NEL' ed. If that happened I'm afraid people (especially BB & Survivor casual  fans) think this race is rigged to make an all TAR finale 😶😶
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:22:42 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1076 on: July 03, 2018, 09:17:54 AM »
I'm hoping no TAR representative got NEL' ed. If that happened I'm afraid people (especially BB & Survivor casual  fans) think this race is rigged to make an all TAR finale 😶😶

I agree. I also hope someone (C/C or Leo/Jamal) got u turned and fought hard to still not get eliminated. To show how strong of teams they really are. Especially Leo and Jamal since it would be their 4th (maybe 5th but i think 4th) time surviving a u turn.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1077 on: July 03, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »
It felt really sketchy to me, the casting. Why do I get a vibe that it is somehow rigged on the TAR Side.

Out of the Survivor Teams, I did not expect Chris & Bret to make it far, pegged them as an early boot. Corinne & Eliza, Rupert & Laura, I knew they'd get knocked out early.  There are tons of really fit & competitive people on Survivor, they (casting) failed to cast them. I do not need to mention names but yeah.

For the BB Teams, I know Janelle & Britney excel in physical challenges in BB, but they are moms now, so a lot has changed. With Rachel & Elissa, we all know Rachel's racing for the 3rd time, she know's what to expect from the Race being a veteran. Like Britney & Janelle, both are moms as well. Typically Moms are not the strongest on TAR. Nicole & Victor, are clearly a threat, very fit couple just like last Season's Cody & Jessica. I knew they would make it far.

TAR casted alpha Racers, Leo & Jamal, Art & JJ, Tyler & Korey, Becca & Floyd and the iconic Colin & Christie. Teams that never went beyond 5th Place in their respective Seasons. I think the casting department is desperate to steamroll the competition by ensuring that strong TAR Racers would make it very far.

If it was balanced, had they gotten the casting right, like when you look at them, you know they are strong to a fact that it's gonna be suspenseful just by looking at Oval's timeline. It must be competitive on all sides TAR vs. Survivor vs. BB, no imbalance.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 09:48:49 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1078 on: July 03, 2018, 09:54:47 AM »
It felt really sketchy to me, the casting. Why do I get a vibe that it is somehow rigged on the TAR Side.

Out of the Survivor Teams, I did not expect Chris & Bret to make it far, pegged them as an early boot. Corinne & Eliza, Rupert & Laura, I knew they'd get knocked out early.  There are tons of really fit & competitive people on Survivor, they (casting) failed to cast them. I do not need to mention names but yeah.

For the BB Teams, I know Janelle & Britney excel in physical challenges in BB, but they are moms now, so a lot has changed. With Rachel & Elissa, we all know Rachel's racing for the 3rd time, she know's what to expect from the Race being a veteran. Like Britney & Janelle, both are moms as well. Typically Moms are not the strongest on TAR. Nicole & Victor, are clearly a threat, very fit couple just like last Season's Cody & Jessica. I knew they would make it far.

TAR casted alpha Racers, Leo & Jamal, Art & JJ, Tyler & Korey, Becca & Floyd and the iconic Colin & Christie. Teams that never went beyond 5th Place in their respective Seasons. I think the casting department is desperate to steamroll the competition by ensuring that strong TAR Racers would make it very far.

If it was balanced, then it would have been more competitive. That would be great TV.

Just my 2 cents.

It's a negotiation. CBS was the one who likely decided on the "reality clash" theme, and then negotiates with WRP/Elise/Bert on the cast. And even though most of those TMZ articles were crap, there was no doubt a very wide net cast looking for teams from the other 2 shows. We just don't know. Maybe the original "all-BB" rumor was what CBS originally wanted and negotiations brought it into it's current state.

I think the Phil interview that was recently posted, where he says season 31 is going to try something new with the cast, while also getting back to TAR's roots with "everyday people" is somewhat telling. They didn't end up casting those fame-whore types and pairing up random people from different shows (exception to maybe Chris and Brett). They went with BB sisters and a dating couple, friends/moms, and Rupert/Laura who are married, etc, to try to stick close to TAR's usual type-casting.

As for whether it was rigged in TAR's favor, who knows. Justin and Diana couldn't do it because they are expecting - maybe they were replaced by teams like Art/JJ or the Afghanimals. It's all speculation.

Offline elizabethrose23

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1079 on: July 03, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »
Positive vibes to Colin & Christie. This win will be justice for 14 years ago.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1080 on: July 03, 2018, 10:48:48 AM »
Obviously there's some psychology at play when it came to recasting TAR teams,

1] Colin & Christie are a team from a season from the "good ol' days", as casuals would describe on Facebook. Casuals threatening to boycott the show because too many teams are being recruited ? ~Recruit~ a team from a universally liked season so that long time fans have an excuse to not boycott this season.

2] Becca & Floyd are a team from post season 24, so even if the race were to host an all stars/unfinished business, they would cast them. Why? They aren't recruited and nor are they celebrities, so not only would the casuals like them but most actual fans also like them, so an universally liked team to hire.

3] Tyler & Korey, one of the most famous YouTubers to have ran on the race. They have a large fan following and can actually advertise the race a lot on their channel, and "appeal to a younger crowd" about the race. Basically the same reason they even had that theme for TAR 28.

4] Leo & Jamal, honestly no specific reason behind casting these two but they had to have one threepeating team racing this season, and casuals like them, and perhaps to be more religiously inclusive (have a diverse cast? idk)? This is just speculation though.

5] Art & JJ, would you look at that. Rachel is racing, you know who were her arch-nemesis from TAR20 that kept threatening her and her boyfriend ?? Art & JJ! I predominantly feel like they just signed them up for drama.

I mean, this goes without saying that all 5 teams are and must be superfans of the show, but there must be some sort of ~reasons~ as to why only these teams were chosen. This is just purely unnecessary speculation on my part though.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1081 on: July 03, 2018, 11:04:19 AM »
Obviously there's some psychology at play when it came to recasting TAR teams,

1] Colin & Christie are a team from a season from the "good ol' days", as casuals would describe on Facebook. Casuals threatening to boycott the show because too many teams are being recruited ? ~Recruit~ a team from a universally liked season so that long time fans have an excuse to not boycott this season.

2] Becca & Floyd are a team from post season 24, so even if the race were to host an all stars/unfinished business, they would cast them. Why? They aren't recruited and nor are they celebrities, so not only would the casuals like them but most actual fans also like them, so an universally liked team to hire.

3] Tyler & Korey, one of the most famous YouTubers to have ran on the race. They have a large fan following and can actually advertise the race a lot on their channel, and "appeal to a younger crowd" about the race. Basically the same reason they even had that theme for TAR 28.

4] Leo & Jamal, honestly no specific reason behind casting these two but they had to have one threepeating team racing this season, and casuals like them, and perhaps to be more religiously inclusive (have a diverse cast? idk)? This is just speculation though.

5] Art & JJ, would you look at that. Rachel is racing, you know who were her arch-nemesis from TAR20 that kept threatening her and her boyfriend ?? Art & JJ! I predominantly feel like they just signed them up for drama.

I mean, this goes without saying that all 5 teams are and must be superfans of the show, but there must be some sort of ~reasons~ as to why only these teams were chosen. This is just purely unnecessary speculation on my part though.

Don't forget Art & Jj were great racers too. They ended up with a AVG placement of 2.25 with 3 1st place finishes, and thats with them racing against the best team of the series.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1082 on: July 03, 2018, 11:49:24 AM »
Don't forget Art & Jj were great racers too. They ended up with a AVG placement of 2.25 with 3 1st place finishes, and thats with them racing against the best team of the series.

Yeah, but I didn't really use their performance/team average as a basis of comparison. Tyler & Korey have an average of 2.42 and had 5 first place finishes, Becca & Floyd have an average of 3.4 and also had 2 first place finishes, Colin & Christie have an average of 2.46 and had 6 first place finishes and Leo & Jamal have an average of 3.73 (their average for both season 23 and 24 was the same!) and won a total of 3 legs out of the 22 they ran. All the TAR teams are strong and competitive, no surprise that 4 of 5 comprised the F4 This season.

Offline alicitzen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1083 on: July 03, 2018, 12:11:31 PM »
Leo & Jamal have an average of 3.73 (their average for both season 23 and 24 was the same!)
What if their 'curse' isnt 4th place, but getting that average.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1084 on: July 03, 2018, 12:57:13 PM »
I remembered back in 2004, Colin and Christie (mostly Colin) were quite hated, and now, in this board, I see so many people cheering for them. There seems to be gigantic gap between the TAR casuals and the superfans on this team.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1085 on: July 03, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »
Genius: A lot of it's just plain nostalgia. TAR5 is considered like the pinnacle of TAR's greatness. It's the season that first hooked me, and many others, I've heard. So to see a team from it come back is like the stuff of dreams.

Colin may still behave like classic Colin at times when it airs, but I'd imagine they've mellowed out. They were young then, now they're married with kids and Colin owns a tech company.

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1086 on: July 03, 2018, 01:07:27 PM »
To #1086...

I certainly didn't like Colin in their initial season as it was viewing. I was more for Linda/Karen or Chip/Kim winning.  But, a couple years ago, I watched every season including the first 4 seasons that I had never seen.  On the 2nd viewing of the show, I actually saw a different side of Colin and grew to like him. 

Now, I am a fan and hope that they can pull out the win.

Offline ezione

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1087 on: July 03, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
I'm just disappointed that it's all TAR teams in the finale, it seems that the only 2 Non-TAR teams who put up a good fight were Vicole and Chris/Bret.

CocoNuts

« Reply #1088 on: July 03, 2018, 01:46:13 PM »
Im glad we had a long break between 29 and 30! They have stepped up their location selection!!! Some barely used/never used locations we have seen in the last few seasons are:

Iceland
Belgium
Czech Republic
Zimbabwe
Bahrain
Laos
Uganda
Croatia

In terms of cities we saw
Detroit
San Francisco

The future is looking bright!!

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1089 on: July 03, 2018, 01:57:19 PM »
Genius: A lot of it's just plain nostalgia. TAR5 is considered like the pinnacle of TAR's greatness. It's the season that first hooked me, and many others, I've heard. So to see a team from it come back is like the stuff of dreams.

Colin may still behave like classic Colin at times when it airs, but I'd imagine they've mellowed out. They were young then, now they're married with kids and Colin owns a tech company.

Exactly how I feel towards C/C too! TAR5 was the first season I saw and it did hook me up ever since, I still remember the first episode I saw was the pyramid one. I hate Colin back then but as time goes by you really appreciate his passion in this game, and he didn’t really hurt people, just being aggressive. And you can’t deny the drama he created is classic, nowadays contestants are too aware of camera there’s no chance of bringing back same kind of drama.

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1090 on: July 03, 2018, 01:58:56 PM »

Exactly how I feel towards C/C too! TAR5 was the first season I saw and it did hook me up ever since, I still remember the first episode I saw was the pyramid one. I hate Colin back then but as time goes by you really appreciate his passion in this game, and he didn’t really hurt people, just being aggressive. And you can’t deny the drama he created is classic, nowadays contestants are too aware of camera there’s no chance of bringing back same kind of drama.
Brooke and Shamir did a pretty good job at bringing some drama back despite the camera!

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1091 on: July 03, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »
To #1086...

I certainly didn't like Colin in their initial season as it was viewing. I was more for Linda/Karen or Chip/Kim winning.  But, a couple years ago, I watched every season including the first 4 seasons that I had never seen.  On the 2nd viewing of the show, I actually saw a different side of Colin and grew to like him. 

Now, I am a fan and hope that they can pull out the win.

I rooted for Linda/Karen too! Tbh I think their demise was that they failed to get on the first jeep to start the penultimate leg. They were second to depart that leg! If they made it history would change for sure...

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1092 on: July 03, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »
London  :'( why not try Dublin, Madrid, Sofia or Riga  :duno:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #1093 on: July 03, 2018, 03:23:45 PM »
Because they always take a nonstop flight to the final destination city, and they needed London to get to Detroit on time.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1094 on: July 03, 2018, 03:26:46 PM »
 :cheer: COLIN  :cheer: CHRISTIE  :cheer:

Offline JanelleRachelFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1095 on: July 03, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »
I'm hoping no TAR representatives got NEL' ed. If that happened I'm afraid people (especially BB & Survivor casual  fans) think this race is rigged to make an all TAR finale 😶😶

Casting already made it clear they wanted TAR teams to win. The only non-TAR team with a chance was Vicole

Offline killerqueen

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1096 on: July 03, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
Here's hoping that today will be the day that a fourteen year old tragedy of reality television is finally righted, and Colin and Christie finally get the million that they so deserved all those years ago.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1097 on: July 03, 2018, 04:01:45 PM »
Here's hoping that today will be the day that a fourteen year old tragedy of reality television is finally righted, and Colin and Christie finally get the million that they so deserved all those years ago.

Yup. They deserve it. They didnt come back 14 years later not to win. I'm so nervous but i know they can do it

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1098 on: July 03, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
In few hours we will know if this season worth watching or it's the last one  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1099 on: July 03, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
Video of two teams rappelling, warning vulgar language in video!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkvXzjplIrE/?taken-by=mookie_dirtydollaz
We need a Racer like the guy who took this video. lol Rapelling and stuff have become really boring on TAR. If we have a guy like this, maybe those tasks could be fun to watch again lol